PDA

View Full Version : "The Moon is a hoax" thread

The Rusty Lander
2003-Feb-01, 02:44 AM
There's a bit of light banter started about the moon at avault.com - both the moon itself being a hoax and the moon landing so you might want to check it out and put your two-bit's worth in here (http://forums.avault.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=000484).

DaveOlden
2003-Feb-01, 06:57 AM
You know, I kind of hope that the HB's take this (Moon isn't real) as their foundation, and set the Apollo 'hoax' on it!

Then, they would be auto-debunking, and all we'd have to do is watch, say nothing and just smile.

It would be like helium hissing from a balloon, as their arguement got smaller and smaller...

[edited for spacing]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DaveOlden on 2003-02-01 02:00 ]</font>

poorleno
2003-Feb-01, 07:02 PM
Not that dumb. It inspired my new signature. Behold:

David Hall
2003-Feb-01, 07:27 PM
It's a bit big, don't you think?

poorleno
2003-Feb-01, 07:48 PM
i went by the "150x"max standard when i scaled it down; is it considered too big here? :{

g99
2003-Feb-01, 07:50 PM
a little anoyying but not bad. I don't mind. You can keep it in my opinion. But i don't know how others feel.

David Hall
2003-Feb-01, 08:12 PM
I just think you'll find there isn't a lot of big, flashy stuff here. This isn't a gamers forum, so things are a bit more subdued.

Maybe you can try reducing it by 50%?

poorleno
2003-Feb-01, 09:54 PM
happy ? =)

honestmonkey
2003-Feb-02, 04:45 AM
Well, I can't find it doing a search, but I've been to this page before and the only way I would have found it is through a link here. This site has been at least mentioned before.

I think it is satire, myself.

Oh, wait, here is at least one discussion (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=3276&forum=1).

David Hall
2003-Feb-02, 11:11 PM
poorleno, I was really just suggesting shrinking it a bit. You didn't have to ditch the whole thing. I actually thought it was pretty good otherwise. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As for the Mad Revisionist, yeah, it pops up from time to time. It's real purpose is to parody the arguments of Holocaust deniers, who seem to be able to rewrite history at will. But it does a pretty good job of parroting other conspiracy thinkers as well.