PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Poison?

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Nov-06, 07:39 PM
Youíve just been confronted by aliens and they ask you to take them to your leader. Being the first time ever that a human has made contact with an extraterrestrial lifeform, you decide to be a good host and first invite them for a drink at the neighbourhood pub. Whatíre you having?

Iíll have a Guinness thanks, thatís my first choice. As far as domestic Canadian brands are concerned, I like Big Rock Traditional Ale and Alexander Keithís IPA. I also make my own beer at home and have made some great batches. My favourite home brew is a robust London Porter.

Although I prefer beer, I also donít mind a Crown Royal or a Jamiesonís now and again, or a fine Scotch whisky.

The first roundís on me. Whatíll you have? http://www.websmileys.com/sm/drink/trink38.gif

jt-3d
2005-Nov-06, 09:17 PM
Well since you asked, if they landed here I think it'd have to be Shiner Boch. If they stopped by my house all they'd get is Schafer (http://www.beerhistory.com/library/holdings/schaefer_anderson.shtml) Light though. After they passed out I'd run off with their ship and head to Mars to settle the sky color debate.

sarongsong
2005-Nov-06, 09:18 PM
Ha, ha---how do the guests prove they are old enough to be served? (oh, I'll have a Mexican Coffee!)

zebo-the-fat
2005-Nov-06, 09:56 PM
Timothy Taylors Landlord bitter ... that's if they seem friendly, otherwise a pint of Old Peculiar should neutralise them in a matter of moments!

Jorge
2005-Nov-06, 10:21 PM
Depends are the aliens hot? ;)

fossilnut2
2005-Nov-06, 10:36 PM
"You’ve just been confronted by aliens and they ask you to take them to your leader."

That depends. My leader? Do I take them to see my wife or my cat? If the first then a nice glass of cabernet sauvignon...if the latter then a dish of milk (whole milk and none of that 2% or skim milk).

The Mangler
2005-Nov-06, 10:43 PM
Iíll have a Guinness thanks...

Although I love Guinness, I would go with Murphy's Stout. I think it is (much) better than Guinness, but it's pretty hard to find around here...

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Nov-07, 12:09 AM
Well since you asked, if they landed here I think it'd have to be Shiner Boch. If they stopped by my house all they'd get is Schafer (http://www.beerhistory.com/library/holdings/schaefer_anderson.shtml) Light though. After they passed out I'd run off with their ship and head to Mars to settle the sky color debate.
I LOVE Shiner Bock. I was in Dallas earlier this year and tried the Bock and really enjoyed it.

Timothy Taylors Landlord bitter ... that's if they seem friendly, otherwise a pint of Old Peculiar should neutralise them in a matter of moments!I made a batch of Old Peculiar and yes, it would be a good neutralizer.

Although I love Guinness, I would go with Murphy's Stout. I think it is (much) better than Guinness, but it's pretty hard to find around here...I really like Murphy's as well. I was in Cork, Ireland last spring and tried it there. So far it's the only place I've ever seen it, but there's a local brew pub in town that makes up a decent knock-off.

LurchGS
2005-Nov-07, 02:32 AM
Beer is for the effite..

Crown Royal if I'm poor, or one of the better scotches...

well, that's if it's 25 years ago. These days, Lemonade or filtered water

----------------

what? dallas?... **DALLAS??** How the hell did I get to Dallas?

Metricyard
2005-Nov-07, 02:44 AM
I'd go for an Amaretto, double shot, no ice. That'll put the aliens in a good mood.

Or maybe into a murderous frenzy.

Hmm. Ok, water.

TheBlackCat
2005-Nov-07, 02:45 AM
Corona extra. Heineken or Sam Adams would also do. Or a margarita (frozen, with salt).

Van Rijn
2005-Nov-07, 03:16 AM
I'd go for an Amaretto, double shot, no ice. That'll put the aliens in a good mood.

Or maybe into a murderous frenzy.

Hmm. Ok, water.

Yep, after reading the topic title and OP, I had this picture of some poor slob poisoning the ambassador to earth ... then the aliens going into a rage and nuking the planet.

Anyway, nothing for me, thanks. Both my sister and I usually get migraine headaches an hour or two after trying a drink. Every now and then I'll try again ... to my regret. There is really only one time that I actually enjoyed the effects of alcohol for awhile. I've never really been able to understand the appeal.

paulie jay
2005-Nov-07, 03:41 AM
I would have a Kilkenny Cream Lager followed by a Midori chaser.

Swift
2005-Nov-07, 03:25 PM
Yep, after reading the topic title and OP, I had this picture of some poor slob poisoning the ambassador to earth ... then the aliens going into a rage and nuking the planet.

"Well Mr. Ambassador, while we wait for the world leaders to arrive, maybe you would like some refreshments. What's your poision?"
"POISON!. You are going to poison the Galactic Ambassador! This means WAR!"
"No wait, it's just an expression. It means what beverage would you like."
"Oh, well that's different. My species enjoys sodium cyanide dissolved in methanol... on the rocks. Please join me for one."
:eek:

:p

farmerjumperdon
2005-Nov-07, 03:33 PM
As long as you're going to be plying them with depressants, how about pulling out the 4-hose huka and loading it up with some North Slope Sao Paulo trip weed, followed by a handful of Secanol, polished off with a little shot of mainline morphine.

If they are not hospitable, or at least in trhe mood to negotitate; we would at least have a better chance of beating them in a fight.

gethen
2005-Nov-07, 03:37 PM
Young's Double Chocolate Stout or Grant's Perfect Porter. Preferably draft. Served fast so they can watch the lovely cascade on the stout.

Eoanthropus Dawsoni
2005-Nov-07, 03:51 PM
If I were confronted by aliens I would probably serve them Parathyon and Roundup.

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Nov-07, 06:06 PM
I wonder what kind of responses there would have been if the title said "What's Your Pleasure".;)

As long as you're going to be plying them with depressants, how about pulling out the 4-hose huka and loading it up with some North Slope Sao Paulo trip weed, followed by a handful of Secanol, polished off with a little shot of mainline morphine.

If they are not hospitable, or at least in trhe mood to negotitate; we would at least have a better chance of beating them in a fight.
dude...
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/smoking/rauch11.gif

Gillianren
2005-Nov-07, 06:49 PM
I have to agree that what we like to drink is really irrelevant to what any theoretical alien ambassadors would like/be able to drink. (Though they'd be getting Cherry Coke from me, if they wanted what I drink; I don't imbibe.) And, in fact, alcohol is a poison, so.

TheBlackCat
2005-Nov-08, 01:14 AM
Yes, my chemistry professor would always say: "Alcohols are toxic. Most are extremely toxic. Ethanol is just slightly toxic."

Enzp
2005-Nov-08, 02:48 AM
Well, the crystal people from the sulphur cliffs enjoy a chunk of selenium rubbed along their gill plates usually.

When ET arrives, one of the Texas boys is bound to offer them a Lone Star and that oughta set off an interplanetary war.

Lianachan
2005-Nov-08, 08:00 AM
I'd go for a Bruichladdich, or a Quarter-Cask Laphraoig.

snarkophilus
2005-Nov-08, 08:19 AM
Gin and tonic, or whatever the pronunciation is in whatever part of space I happen to be in.... :)

We have a great beer here called Canterbury, made by Pacific Western Brewing. Apparently they ship it all around the world, but you probably can't find it in your local pub. If you like dark beers with flavour, I heartily recommend it.

Thumbs up to whoever mentioned cherry Coke, too... if I could get that around here, it would be enough to get me to drink pop again. We even have a Coke bottling plant in this city, and we still don't have access to the cherry variety. :cry:

Cheers!

captain swoop
2005-Nov-08, 09:37 AM
Tim Taylors, Sam Smiths, Southwold, Black Sheep, Camerons, and anything else that's on as a guest in the 'Tap and Spile'

Then we can move onto the 'Malts'

jumbo
2005-Nov-08, 07:54 PM
Westmalle dubbel. Its a Brown trappist ale from Belgium. Its also the most gorgeous beer ive ever drunk. Serve at 11 deg IIRC and in the correct glass for the full experience. the trippel is stronger and golden but i personally prefer the dubbel. I love many of the UK real ales as well but Belgium sure can brew some fine beers.

If its spirits then i'd offer a Rum. Ive got a nice 23 year old Appletons Rum that may do the trick.Drink from a Rum tot without any coke or anything like that to get in the way of the flavour. Pussers Navy rum would be good too. Its the one Navy Rum thats made to the same recipe as the Royal Navy rum ration was.
My Wray and Nephew overproof may do the alien in, at 69% alchohol it is a little strong for some tastes!

farmerjumperdon
2005-Nov-08, 08:10 PM
I wonder what kind of responses there would have been if the title said "What's Your Pleasure".;)

dude...
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/smoking/rauch11.gif

Pleasure? That's completely different.

Depressants are for removing the edge. For honing the edge, I'd have to take them up to 20K feet and throw them out of a plane. A nice demonstration of trust too. None of this mamby-pamby falling backward into each others arms garbage.

There is no guesswork about what a person's made of when they are getting the bejeebers scared out of them. I've never met anyone capable of maintaining a superficial persona when the only thing between them and the ground is air.

If you are living at the edge, you are taking up too much space. Shut up and jump!

JohnW
2005-Nov-08, 08:39 PM
Let's show 'em how advanced we are. Lagavulin, or maybe Laphraoig.

dvb
2005-Nov-08, 10:28 PM
Pepsi please. :)

Hamlet
2005-Nov-09, 12:06 AM
Let's show 'em how advanced we are. Lagavulin, or maybe Laphraoig.

If that's what you're offering, then I only have one thing to say: Take me to your leader!

captain swoop
2005-Nov-09, 08:49 AM
Isle of Jura or Old Pultenny would be my choice of Malts. At risk of being Heretic Bushmills Malt is brill but Irish

Lianachan
2005-Nov-09, 12:19 PM
Isle of Jura or Old Pultenny would be my choice of Malts. At risk of being Heretic Bushmills Malt is brill but Irish

I've not long finished off a bottle of 21 yr old Isle of Jura. It was rather splendid, although it wouldn't make my top 10 malts.

captain swoop
2005-Nov-09, 01:09 PM
Well, Malts vary so much, I don't think you will find 2 people that agree on them, it's like 'Real' Ale

Luckily my local has 10 beers on at any time with 8 of them 'Guests' so there is something new on just about every day. Their Motto is 'A Beer Festival every day' They also have about 20 Malts at any time as well.

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Nov-09, 06:41 PM
Well, Malts vary so much, I don't think you will find 2 people that agree on them, it's like 'Real' Ale

Luckily my local has 10 beers on at any time with 8 of them 'Guests' so there is something new on just about every day. Their Motto is 'A Beer Festival every day' They also have about 20 Malts at any time as well.
Well, if I'm ever in Yorkshire, I'll have to check out your local.

We have a pub here that has an international night with 39 imported beers on tap every Friday night, however they're pretty much all main-stream brands.

Joff
2005-Nov-09, 06:48 PM
Poit Dubh, the intergalactic emperor of malt blends. Never miss an opportunity to sample this one folks.

captain swoop
2005-Nov-10, 10:10 AM
Blend?

Sorry can't drink anything like that!

Lianachan
2005-Nov-10, 11:39 AM
Poit Dubh, the intergalactic emperor of malt blends. Never miss an opportunity to sample this one folks.

Sorry, but I wouldn't even use Poit Dubh to dab on my midge bites! Vatted malts....:hand:

Jakenorrish
2005-Nov-10, 12:04 PM
Well, being British I would of course invite them in for a cup of Tea. Maybe Earl Grey or Yorkshire tea.

Then after asking them if they had any ol' Janx spirit on their ship or ready mixed Pan Galactic Gargleblasters, I'd take them to my local boozer (The Maltsters, Cardiff) and buy them all a pint of Brains SA. I'd then buy them another pint, then another then laugh heartily at their pathetic attempts to fly their spaceship in a straight line!

Joff
2005-Nov-10, 07:02 PM
Swoop, Lianachan... that's fine, all the more for me. ;)

Wolverine
2005-Nov-18, 07:30 PM
While this (http://www.arrogant*******.com/) has been my perennial favorite, it has a new challenger:

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9784/yum4nz.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yum4nz.jpg)

EOTWAWKI! :D

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Nov-19, 01:57 AM
Wolverine, that's an awesome looking beer. I'll have to find some of that next time I'm down in the States.

And as far as the challenger is concerned, I can get that here so I'll have to try it out. Here's a link to their web page: http://www.unibroue.com/english.cfm

Man, you can go wrong with a product line that includes beers like "The End of the World", "Damn", and "Gift of God".

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/drink/trink38.gif

ranugad
2005-Nov-19, 02:09 AM
For an alcoholic drink, I'd first try for a double Knockando, then Glen Fiddech or Glen Livet. If none of these are on the shelf, any single malt scotch.

I'd offer it to them, with a warning that scotch is an acquired taste.

For a beer I'd prefer/suggest a double boch, or an original canadian Molson Brador(not the US watered down version, if they even still make it).

For non-alcoholic, nothing beats A&W Root Beer. Not from a can or bottle though, straight from the tap, and please NO ICE! That's sacrilege!

Wolverine
2005-Nov-19, 08:56 AM
Wolverine, that's an awesome looking beer. I'll have to find some of that next time I'm down in the States.

And as far as the challenger is concerned, I can get that here so I'll have to try it out. Here's a link to their web page: http://www.unibroue.com/english.cfm

Man, you can go wrong with a product line that includes beers like "The End of the World", "Damn", and "Gift of God".

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/drink/trink38.gif
ABA is quite robust, to say the least. Last time I purchased a bottle, the clerk seemed horrified, saying "OH MAN, you drink this stuff?!?! I tried a bottle of it and couldn't even finish half of it!!" Happy hunting and hope you enjoy!

genebujold
2005-Nov-19, 04:42 PM
Frozen Margarita with salt.

And no, I don't use the fancy spelling version. Neither does Jimmy Buffet.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Nov-20, 02:38 AM
Frozen Margarita with salt.

And no, I don't use the fancy spelling version. Neither does Jimmy Buffet.
Parrothead ...

I LOVE, Jimmy Buffet!!!!

:clap:

Philip A
2005-Nov-20, 04:31 PM
Oh why am I responding to this today? I feel like death, and not even warmed up after a colleagues leaving do last night....

For spirits, Old Comber Whiskey. If you can get it! If not, Bushmills Malt.
Beer, Zotler Gold from a microbrewery in Sonthofen, Bavaria.
For wine, a good Chablis.
Cocktails, Long Island Iced Tea or Singapore Sling.

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Nov-21, 12:28 AM
Oh why am I responding to this today? I feel like death, and not even warmed up after a colleagues leaving do last night....

For spirits, Old Comber Whiskey. If you can get it! If not, Bushmills Malt.
Beer, Zotler Gold from a microbrewery in Sonthofen, Bavaria.
For wine, a good Chablis.
Cocktails, Long Island Iced Tea or Singapore Sling.

Philip, you're made of stern stuff.

Lianachan
2005-Nov-21, 11:15 AM
At the weekend, I was drinking a 1986 Highland Park that was never offered for sale. Extremely rare and valuable. It tasted like sherry. Bleh. I much preferred the Signatory Port aged 1992 Laphraoig, which is unbelievably good. Sadly, I think we were drinking the last bottle of that in Scotland. If anybody sees one, buy it! It comes in a small blue wooden box.

Yorkshireman
2005-Nov-21, 01:40 PM
(Yorkshireman walks into the Fighting Cock pub in Bradford):

OK, I'll have a pint of Durham Magus (http://www.durham-brewery.co.uk) please - after that a pint of Hop Back Summer Lightning (http://www.hopback.co.uk/). Chased down with a shot of Lagavulin.

My new friend Zxxyxq!!werble here will have 3,000 cubic feet of liquid ammonia please, and a packet of pork scratchings.

Maksutov
2005-Nov-21, 02:05 PM
A couple bottles of the late, great Ballantine India Pale Ale,

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8554/ipa5ck.gif

brewed in NJ.

In the meantime, a couple bottles of Ballantine Ale XXX,

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/3310/ballyad21lk.th.jpg (http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ballyad21lk.jpg)

which is becoming hard to find. Damn macrobreweries always seem to kill off their best. :wall:

Moose
2005-Nov-21, 02:18 PM
My favorite "tipple" is actually a "non-tipple". I'm into cream sodas. Dad's (red) or Stewart's (gold) when I can get it. Barq's (white) when I can't. My absolute favorite is by a Moncton microbrewery called The Pumphouse. Wonderful stuff.

And it goes well with their fantastic wings and hot pepperoni. Their rootbeer is worth having as well.

Hmm. I think I'm working up a bit of a craving here.

Rereading this post, I feel I should mention I am not affiliated with them. I'm just a hungry salivating fan-boy with a capcaisin fetish.

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Nov-22, 06:06 AM
I just sampled a bottle of my homemade Irish Cream Ale. I bottled it about 3 weeks ago and had my first taste today.

And it's pretty sweet!

Big Brother Dunk
2006-Feb-22, 03:34 AM
I've uncovered a pub here in town that features 250 different beers from 32 countries. I was like a kid in a candy shop.

It appears I've got my work cut out for me.http://www.websmileys.com/sm/drink/trink38.gif

Philip A
2006-Feb-22, 03:42 AM
If they have it, try Bitburger from Germany, and Black Asahi from Japan. There is also a fantastic beer from Estonia which I can't remember the name of, but it comes in a green obelisk shaped bottle.

Big Brother Dunk
2006-Feb-22, 03:59 AM
If they have it, try Bitburger from Germany, and Black Asahi from Japan. There is also a fantastic beer from Estonia which I can't remember the name of, but it comes in a green obelisk shaped bottle.
I know the Black Asahi is on the menu, but I'm not sure about the Bitburger. I'll check them out next time.

So far, from the beers mentioned in this thread, I've tried Guinness, Kilkenney, Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, two different Samuel Smith products and La Fin du Monde. I've sampled many others as well (not all in one night!!!)

Philip A
2006-Feb-22, 04:11 AM
If they have the Zotler Gold mentioned earlier, try an all nighter on that. It is gorgeous, and it is just so weird to get up without a hangover having been blasted the night before!

captain swoop
2006-Feb-22, 03:22 PM
At the moment the Tap has Theakstons 'Old Peculiar', Whitby Abbey 'Black Dog', Tim taylors 'Landlord', Courage 'Directors', Flowers 'Original' Durham 'Magus' and Camerons 'Strongarm'

Swift
2006-Feb-22, 03:26 PM
I've uncovered a pub here in town that features 250 different beers from 32 countries. I was like a kid in a candy shop.

It appears I've got my work cut out for me.http://www.websmileys.com/sm/drink/trink38.gif
There was a pub like that around here years ago and if you sampled all of them in some set period of time (I think it was 6 months), you got something like a t-shirt (drink $1000 of beer, get a $3 t-shirt :p )

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2006-Feb-22, 05:38 PM
There was a pub like that around here years ago and if you sampled all of them in some set period of time (I think it was 6 months), you got something like a t-shirt (drink $1000 of beer, get a $3 t-shirt :p )
True ...

BUT, If you're Going to Drink 3 or 4 Beers a Night, anyway ...

You May as Well, Have Something, to Show For it!

:dance:

V-GER
2006-Feb-22, 10:31 PM
I'd just offer them water to see if Signs was right.

teri tait
2006-Feb-23, 04:30 AM
Mickey Big Mouth, malt liquor at its best, in my opinion.
Dark beer from a micro brewery in San Luis Obispo CA called SLO Brewing or some such. It has been years since I had a pint there.

randb
2006-Feb-23, 05:58 AM
Alaskan Amber :D

captain swoop
2006-Feb-23, 10:03 AM
fullers London pride went on last night to replace the 'Landlord' and we have 'Hobgoblin' to look forward to.

jumbo
2006-Feb-23, 11:12 AM
Hobgoblins quite nice. IIRC its one of a series of similar beers brewed by Wychwood. I enjoyed their Black Wych and Fiddlers Elbow too.

captain swoop
2006-Feb-23, 11:45 AM
All the Wychwood stuff is good, even their bottles. Isn't 'Circle master one of their summer beers?

It's a mini Beer Festival every day at the 'Tap'

jumbo
2006-Feb-23, 12:21 PM
I think it is. Its one of the few Wychwood ones i havent gotten round to trying yet though

Big Brother Dunk
2006-Feb-23, 04:12 PM
I've tried Fullers ESB, Hobgoblin and Black Wych at my new haunt.

I enjoyed them all, especially the Hobgoblin.http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fingers/fing32.gif

Doodler
2006-Feb-23, 04:17 PM
Absolut or Skyy vodka. Parrot Bay Coconut Rum. I a mixed drink kinda guy.

Though I like a good cabernet with prime rib or filet mignon.

I also had a good run with Mike's Hard Lemonade and Mike's Hard Iced Tea. The lemonade kicked in the acid reflux after, oh, 6 of them, the Ice Teas, weak as they are, I could drink to near oblivion.

Big Brother Dunk
2006-Feb-26, 12:29 AM
Last night I tried a couple of excellent Scottish beers, Fraoch Heather Ale and Grozet.

The heather flavour of the Fraoch and the crisp, fruity overtones of the Grozet made me immediately take to these two fine beers.

Dr Nigel
2006-Feb-26, 04:10 PM
"
"Oh, well that's different. My species enjoys sodium cyanide dissolved in methanol... on the rocks. Please join me for one."

Does NaCN dissolve in methanol?

Dr Nigel
2006-Feb-26, 04:12 PM
I've tried Fullers ESB, Hobgoblin and Black Wych at my new haunt.

Damn you, sir!! Damn your hide and damn your britches!!

Where did you find Black Wych?? I've been wanting to try it for years! Not even Beer Ritz had that one!

Dr Nigel
2006-Feb-26, 04:19 PM
Anyway, to answer the thread:

Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale;
Theakston's Old Peculier;
Maclay's Oatmeal Stout;
Orkney Dark Island;
Tanglefoot;

Or, failing those ...
A St. Emilion Grand Cru Class­é

And to finish off, a good single-malt scotch. My current favourite is a 1966 Glen Albyn I have that was bottled in '05 (39 years in the wood - smoooooth!). Or a cask-strength Glen Mhor or Glen Garioch. Or a 27-year-old Scapa, if you can find one and if the price tag doesn't make you have a heart attack on the spot! If you prefer a more robust whisky, Bhunnahabhain, Lagavulin or Caol Ila are my favourite Islay malts. At the moment.

jumbo
2006-Feb-27, 12:01 AM
Where did you find Black Wych?? I've been wanting to try it for years! Not even Beer Ritz had that one!
Its sometimes sold in tescos as are most of the other beers by the brewry.

Ive found a new one to enjoy (though its not a beer). Watching the Olympic hockey in the pub it was appropriate that i got to try Koppaberg Cider. Its a very nice Swedish cider. The pear variety was very very good.

A.DIM
2006-Feb-27, 12:49 AM
:)

Eh, some KY Homegrown will do the trick.

captain swoop
2006-Feb-27, 10:36 AM
Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale;
Theakston's Old Peculier;
Maclay's Oatmeal Stout;
Orkney Dark Island;
Tanglefoot;

Or, failing those ...
A St. Emilion Grand Cru Class*ť

And to finish off, a good single-malt scotch. My current favourite is a 1966 Glen Albyn I have that was bottled in '05 (39 years in the wood - smoooooth!). Or a cask-strength Glen Mhor or Glen Garioch. Or a 27-year-old Scapa, if you can find one and if the price tag doesn't make you have a heart attack on the spot! If you prefer a more robust whisky, Bhunnahabhain, Lagavulin or Caol Ila are my favourite Islay malts. At the moment.

Dark Island is nice, Old P is OK and anything by Sam Smiths gets the thumbs up. We have two Sams pubs in Guisborough.

In the tap we have Hambleton Ales Nightmare on at the moment, it's their Winter Stout. Shows a certain over advertised Irish brew up for the thin weedy stuff it is.

As for Malts I like Talisker or Jura myself.

Big Brother Dunk
2006-Feb-27, 06:03 PM
Damn you, sir!! Damn your hide and damn your britches!!

Ah the Black Wych. That beguiling traditional English dark stout, silky smooth, soft and seductive. A heady brew, which entices you to lose your senses and fall for the charms of The Black Wych.*

It seems a pity you can't find a fine English beer in England. I guess you'll have to come to Canada. The first round's on me!http://www.websmileys.com/sm/drink/trink38.gif

*Borrowed from the wychwood.co website.

Dr Nigel
2006-Feb-27, 09:09 PM
It seems a pity you can't find a fine English beer in England. I guess you'll have to come to Canada. The first round's on me!http://www.websmileys.com/sm/drink/trink38.gif

Well, there are several hundred English beers, and many are only produced in limited quantities. Love the smiley, BTW.

I'll start saving for the air fare to Canada right away....

Dr Nigel
2006-Feb-27, 09:12 PM
As for Malts I like Talisker or Jura myself.

I like Talisker, but I find the bottle leaks. Well, why else would the whisky disappear so fast...?

Dr Nigel
2006-Feb-27, 09:12 PM
And I bought an umberella from Talisker distillery!

Dr Nigel
2006-Feb-27, 09:14 PM
:)
Eh, some KY Homegrown will do the trick.

Er ... in the UK, KY is a brand name, but you don't drink it...

Oh! Just worked it out. Kentucky, yes?

Were you referring to Jack?

Sour mash bourbon never really did the trick for me.