PDA

View Full Version : Neil Is Still Available

Superluminal
2005-Nov-07, 03:45 AM
In his "60 Minutes" interview, Neil Armstrong, a very fit 75 years old, said that he is still available for the next moon mission. Since it will most likely be another 10-15 years, I can't wait to see 90 year old Neil bounding about on the moon.

Peter B
2005-Nov-07, 03:53 AM
If it's good enough for John Glenn... :-)

AGN Fuel
2005-Nov-07, 06:26 AM
Neil Is Still Available

Will you let Candy know, or shall I?

Superluminal
2005-Nov-08, 02:21 AM
Where has Candy been lately? I don't think that Neil would like the kind of attention Candy would bring.

Faultline
2005-Nov-08, 10:52 PM
Remember the big conspiracy? It wasn't Neil on 60 minutes. They killed off the astronauts and this guy who claims he's Neil is just a clone trained as an actor.

He gets paid a million a year just to say, "I was the first man to walk on the moon."

(JOKE)

jt-3d
2005-Nov-08, 11:05 PM
I wish this thread would die. It reminds me that I missed the show. I still can't believe it. http://www.bautforum.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

Faultline
2005-Nov-08, 11:08 PM
Come on, man! This is a CT forum! Get with the program!

jt-3d
2005-Nov-08, 11:11 PM
Well I know it was a conspiracy by aliens that made me forget about it. I forgot to wear my tin foil hat one day and they wiped my memory so I would forget to set it up to tape.

Faultline
2005-Nov-08, 11:13 PM
See? You can do it!

Candy
2005-Nov-09, 12:05 AM
Where has Candy been lately? I don't think that Neil would like the kind of attention Candy would bring.
Apparently, he's heard of me. He has had a restraining order against me since 2001. ;)

I set my alarm clock, so I could watch this. Well, all the shows come on an hour earlier due to the time change. Stupid time changes! I missed the show. :(

Moon Man
2005-Nov-10, 11:56 AM
I challenge Neil Armstrong to take a lie detector test.

I will pay the entire cost of having it administered.

Neil would love to walk on the moon, since he's never done it before.

gwiz
2005-Nov-10, 12:14 PM
Just don't challenge Buzz Aldrin, he packs a mean punch.

jt-3d
2005-Nov-10, 01:08 PM

Have you ever taken one? I've taken three and flunked every one. There's a reason those things aren't admisable in court.

Oh and a national hero's time is pretty expensive. I hope you have a big bank account.

Moon Man
2005-Nov-10, 01:53 PM
Maybe you failed the test because you were lying.

Faultline
2005-Nov-10, 01:56 PM
What makes you think Neil never walked on the moon? I saw him do it.

Moon Man
2005-Nov-10, 02:58 PM
What makes you think Neil never walked on the moon? I saw him do it.
The first person to do a moon walk was Michael Jackson and not Neil Armstrong.

Faultline
2005-Nov-10, 03:30 PM
The first person to do a moon walk was Michael Jackson and not Neil Armstrong.
Humor.

PhantomWolf
2005-Nov-10, 03:37 PM
Humor.
Barely.

publiusr
2005-Nov-10, 07:25 PM
Not even that much.

Moon Man doesn't know from the Man in the Moon.

Gillianren
2005-Nov-10, 11:31 PM
You know, on the other thread you claimed to be a lawyer, but you don't know how unreliable lie detectors are? (For the record, I could lie like crazy and still pass one. Lord knows enough people have.)

jt-3d
2005-Nov-10, 11:56 PM
Maybe you failed the test because you were lying.

Yeah that would make sense. I was lying and didn't even know it.

Edit: The reason I even bring it up is because if Neil were to take a polygraph test, it wouldn't prove anything to me or anybody else familiar with them. In fact the only people who do swear by the stupid things are the operators who make a living from using them. Since a poly graph is not evidence in court it shouldn't be used as evidence anywhere else. Would you even be convinced if he took one and passed? Would the vast majority of CTs? I doubt it so what's the point then?

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Nov-11, 01:08 AM

I DARE you, To Walk Riight Up To him, And Say That ...

The Last Person, Who Had So Little Tact, With Buzz Aldrin, Got a Punch in The Face, For his Trouble!!!!

Moon Man
2005-Nov-11, 01:41 AM
I would love to meet any of them.

I'll pay for lying detector tests for any of them.

The police use them everyday.

Buzz would break down and cry.

Why is he so mad about it..? Because he's tired of being made a fool.

No one believe the landings occured anymore because they never happened.

peter eldergill
2005-Nov-11, 01:42 AM
Just because you say so and have no evidence doesn't make it true

Pete

This guy is getting boring

jt-3d
2005-Nov-11, 01:53 AM
I would love to meet any of them.

We should probably stick with that other thread.

Does 60minutes ever rerun shows? I'd surely love to see this one some time.

Gillianren
2005-Nov-11, 03:00 AM
Does 60minutes ever rerun shows? I'd surely love to see this one some time.

All summer long. Hopefully, I'll get to watch it next time 'round, too.

jt-3d
2005-Nov-11, 10:31 PM
All summer long. Hopefully, I'll get to watch it next time 'round, too.

Great, I'll have to keep an eye out. I watched a couple of clips at cbs.com but that only made me want to see it more...I guess that's the idea.

kookbreaker
2005-Nov-11, 10:45 PM

They shouldn't. They're useless. Might as well consult tarot cards.

Sure thing Sparky, whatever you tell yourself to sleep at night.

Meanwhile, I'll consider the man a hero for doing accomplishing things very, very few men have done.

I'll consider you a cultural vandal for spitting on his legacy.

genebujold
2005-Nov-14, 01:26 AM
I wish this thread would die. It reminds me that I missed the show. I still can't believe it. http://www.bautforum.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

Having watched Neil Armstrong on TV since he first set foot on the moon when I was a child, I've been inclined to believe him.

Duh - just a matter of how difficult it would be to propogate lie otherwise...

jt-3d
2005-Nov-14, 02:01 AM
Simmer down there, gene. I meant I can't believe I forgot to set it up to tape. :)

Gemini
2005-Nov-14, 02:55 AM
Just look at all the UFO nutters passing lie detector tests

Gillianren
2005-Nov-14, 03:09 AM
Well, if they believe that's what they saw, of course they'd pass.

You see, this is one of the many failings of our friend the polygraph. If you believe something, but it isn't true, it'll show up that you're telling the truth. If you don't react substantially while telling a lie, it'll show up that you're telling the truth. (Why Ted Bundy would pass one, except that he's dead and all a polygraph does is monitor your vital signs.) If you do react substantially to the petty little lies they expect and the questions to which you're obviously telling the truth, those whoppers'll show up as truth. This is why they're not admissable in court.

genebujold
2005-Nov-20, 09:51 PM
Well I know it was a conspiracy by aliens that made me forget about it. I forgot to wear my tin foil hat one day and they wiped my memory so I would forget to set it up to tape.

What tin hat? Was I supposed to wear it too?

I must have forgot.

Doah!

genebujold
2005-Nov-21, 04:24 AM
Just look at all the UFO nutters passing lie detector tests

So much for lie detector tests.

The next time you have to take one, say only on the condition the testor is required to take a test where I ask the questions.

1. How accurate would you say this test really is? Between 0 and 25 %? Between 25% and 50%? Between 50% and 75%? Between 75% and 100%?

2. Now, what did your instructors teast you about the accuracy of a lie detector test with referece to the previous question - what's the right percentage?

3. What percentage of the population has been measurably demonstrative in defeating a lie detector test? Again, use the above percentages.

4. How many cases are you aware where you believe a killer was turned loose on the basis of a false lie-deterctor test? Again, use the above percentages.

5. How many cases are you aware where you believe an innocent was convicted on the basis of a false lie-detector test? Again, use the above percentages.

Folks - one of the biggest lies in law enforcement today is that lie detector tests are reliable. The only one's who really believe that are the idiot's who're selected and trained to adminster them. In the meantime the government trains people to pass them all the time.

While the rate of false negatives is around 12%, the rate of false positives is more than 40%.

My, God! These are horrible odds when it comes to criminal conviction!

KNOW THY LAW.

There is NO state law which compels you to take a lie detector test for any reason. In fact, most defensive lawyers advise to NEVER take a lie detector test unless it's contracted under them. That way, if it's in your favor, they can use it in court against the other, but if it's not in your favor, they can bury it.

Again, you have a right to an attorney. You have the right to silence.

Submitting to a lie detector without your attorney present is your waivering your rights to both.

Don't do it, folks.

jt-3d
2005-Nov-21, 05:35 AM
As far as I know they aren't admissable in court.

Some employment opportunities require polygraph tests. There you only take a shot. That's why I've taken and flunked three of the things.

Candy
2005-Nov-21, 05:58 AM
As far as I know they aren't admissable in court.

Some employment opportunities require polygraph tests. There you only take a shot. That's why I've taken and flunked three of the things.
In Indiana, they call them stress detector tests. I believe giving a polygraph is unlawful for employment there. I, too, failed a stress detector test for the question about taking drugs. I don't take drugs. I hate drugs. :mad:

Superluminal
2005-Nov-22, 03:57 AM
Of course, stress is all they messure. Some big fat, smelly bald, old guy straps you to a machine and asks: Are you in the habit of going to Arkansas and molesting, sweet innocent 15 year old country boys? You'll stress out and blow the machine up.

I'll never let you live that down.:razz:

genebujold
2005-Nov-22, 10:03 PM
So's Neil Young, and he will remember...