PDA

View Full Version : NASA has been messing with the heavens

Damburger
2005-Nov-09, 03:08 PM
http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/11/08/marinabai.shtml

Not sure if anyones posted this. Damn funny though :)

Argos
2005-Nov-09, 03:10 PM
Her universe must be very small, apparently.

Swift
2005-Nov-09, 03:28 PM
In a related item, the American and BAUT member usually know as "Swift" announced that he is suing Russian astrologer Marina Bai for $1.2 billion for her attacks on NASA. Swift was quoted as saying that Bai's lawsuit has sent bad 'vibes' throughout the astronomy community. "We're all really upset over this; I've probably spent valuable seconds of my life thinking and worrying about how her lawsuit may negatively impact man's exploration of space. Well, she's going to pay!" :eh:

:liar:

:lol:

Damburger
2005-Nov-09, 03:37 PM
In a related item, the American and BAUT member usually know as "Swift" announced that he is suing Russian astrologer Marina Bai for $1.2 billion for her attacks on NASA. Swift was quoted as saying that Bai's lawsuit has sent bad 'vibes' throughout the astronomy community. "We're all really upset over this; I've probably spent valuable seconds of my life thinking and worrying about how her lawsuit may negatively impact man's exploration of space. Well, she's going to pay!" :eh:

:liar:

:lol:

Great :lol:

NEOWatcher
2005-Nov-09, 05:20 PM
Not sure if anyones posted this. Damn funny though :)
It's actually been discussed in great detail before (at least on Babb), but I'm glad to see that someone has tracked the outcome. Usually, I see these "stupid" lawsuits get mentioned, but never an outcome.
We know the court rejected it, but they didn't say why? (I think we all know why, but I want to hear in thier words)
Maybe we will hear after the appeal? :razz:

Nicolas
2005-Nov-09, 09:05 PM
We know the court rejected it, but they didn't say why? (I think we all know why, but I want to hear in thier words)

They probably just did what was said in their horoscope...

tlbs101
2005-Nov-09, 10:39 PM
So, if good "fortune" comes her way and her life changes for the better, now that comet Tempel's course has been altered, will she give NASA the credit?

Also... why doesn't she sue JAXA because HAYABUSA is stealing some of asteroid Itokawa, thus changing its orbital epherimides.

LurchGS
2005-Nov-13, 12:56 AM
So, if good "fortune" comes her way and her life changes for the better, now that comet Tempel's course has been altered, will she give NASA the credit?

Also... why doesn't she sue JAXA because HAYABUSA is stealing some of asteroid Itokawa, thus changing its orbital epherimides.

Don't be silly! good fortune NEVER comes from government agencies!

and, as far as I know, asteroids are not used in horrorscopes, so whining about... er, lodging a complaint about interacting with one probably wouldn't occur to her.

Candy
2005-Nov-13, 08:32 AM
Virgo
As the Sign of Service, one of Virgo's favorite roles is to be of help to friends and lovers. The industrious, efficient and well-organized Virgo will rarely have trouble pulling this off, and a banquet at their hands will mean an evening of delectable treats. Ruling Planet Mercury symbolizes Communication; Virgos are possessed of an ability to reason clearly, resolve issues and take a romance to new heights. Virgo can, at times, be shy and a bit repressed, so someone who can bring them out of these depths will be rewarded with a vibrant lover. Concerned with health as they are, a doctor-nurse fantasy is the max for this Sign!
Well, my Horoscope today reads quite kinky. Thank you, NASA!

mickal555
2005-Nov-13, 01:39 PM
It's actually been discussed in great detail before (at least on Babb), but I'm glad to see that someone has tracked the outcome. Usually, I see these "stupid" lawsuits get mentioned, but never an outcome.
maybe because of this

Russian physicist Vladimir Fortov said that the collision had no effect on the Earth and that “the change to the orbit of the comet after the collision was only about 10 cm.”

Maksutov
2005-Nov-13, 02:45 PM
Well, my Horoscope today reads quite kinky. Thank you, NASA!That appears to be evidence that the probe had no effect on horrorscopes. http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/566/iconwink6tn.gif

NEOWatcher
2005-Nov-14, 03:00 PM
maybe because of this
Quote:
Russian physicist Vladimir Fortov said that the collision had no effect on the Earth and that “the change to the orbit of the comet after the collision was only about 10 cm.”
Yes, we all know that... but how did the court (non-scientific legal types) interpret everything?
I would be interested how far they had to go to convince the judge to throw it out.
It's just a case of not enough information. They didn't even say if this physicist was involved in the case, or just someone the reporter got to find out what the case was about.