PDA

View Full Version : This is Pretty Cool...

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Nov-09, 06:15 PM
...at least to me.

Astronomy Magazine is featuring one of my Aurora Borealis photos on their website.

Check out this link: http://www.astronomy.com/asy/default.aspx?c=ga&id=99&aid=3633

I'm pretty pumped about that!:dance:

Titana
2005-Nov-09, 06:19 PM
That is pretty cool. !congratulations!

Titana........

ToSeek
2005-Nov-09, 06:23 PM
Yep, that's cool. Good going!

Moose
2005-Nov-09, 06:32 PM
Sweet! Hmm, maybe I'll have to hop up to Saskatoon sometime. We don't see aurorae anymore with all the light pollution in town.

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Nov-09, 06:36 PM
Sweet! Hmm, maybe I'll have to hop up to Saskatoon sometime. We don't see aurorae anymore with all the light pollution in town.
By all means! There's so much rural space between the populated centres, it doesn't take much of a drive, less that 20 minutes, to get to a good dark-sky site.

Swift
2005-Nov-09, 06:50 PM
That is definitely :cool: .

Josh
2005-Nov-09, 09:10 PM
Well Done!! And it's a great picture!!

Candy
2005-Nov-10, 03:15 AM
That's so beautiful!

mahesh
2005-Nov-10, 10:53 AM
OH my!!! it's beautiful

congratulations

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Nov-10, 05:37 PM
Thank you all very much. I was very pleased with all the photos I took.

Here are the rest if you're interested: http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=29368

Candy
2005-Nov-10, 05:54 PM
I saw those after jk woke up the thread again. I've been trying to figure out for two years this month what type of artwork I want to put up on my livingroom walls. I've been dreading the first nail into the nice smooth wall all this time. I have framed works lying on the table, leaning against the wall, and stacked above the fireplace. I just couldn't decide until now. I believe I will look for something similar to your photo's. I love the colors. The photo with the stars in the background is way cool, too. I like the photos with the portion of a tree. If you weren't privy to the beauty of astronomy, it helps to put it in perspective with something Earth solid. I hope what I am saying makes sense. Thank you for sharing.

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Nov-10, 06:42 PM
Candy, I appreciate your comments.

I agree about the picture with the tree in the foreground. I feel that sky shots with something earthly in the foreground can add a profound perspective.

Unfortunately the night I went out to take those pics, the lights were most active directly overhead and I had to move the camera to include the trees in that shot.