PDA

View Full Version : Time to eat crow

sarongsong
2005-Nov-14, 04:01 AM
"...tastes like chicken with a hint of game (http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1154580.ece)..."

Candy
2005-Nov-14, 04:11 AM
Your link (http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article1154580.ece) changed to a dog with a sweet tooth. :lol:

sarongsong
2005-Nov-14, 05:08 AM
Thanks---got carried away with all those fascinating side-stories on that site---correction made; booking flight to Norway.

mahesh
2005-Nov-14, 01:50 PM
sounds good,

shall we get some crispy pan-fried crow delivered to 1600 penn and 10 downing?

LurchGS
2005-Nov-14, 10:29 PM
heh, almost makes me wish it were legal to hunt seagulls here in the states.

I must admit, in all my years of eating wierd stuff, those two have not crossed my pallet

-----------

Nothing beats limpet stew on a cold morning

Gillianren
2005-Nov-14, 10:40 PM
I forget which book it's in, but I've got something of a recipe for casseroled crow. I think it's in one of the Peter Wimsey mysteries.

LurchGS
2005-Nov-14, 10:50 PM
I don't remember that in the Whimsey books, but it's been years since I last read them. However, to keep this thread flying along...

http://www.crowbusters.com/recipes.htm

-------

Why is it that western culture tends to not eat carnivores?

genebujold
2005-Nov-14, 11:10 PM
I eat crow all the time. It's what my wife calls "payback."

Then again, she's the idiot that divorced a perfectly good husband because she though he (I) was cheating on her when I was remaining loyal.

But that's another story, soon to be brought to you by my son, who's angry that Mom can't think straight.

I agree with my son!

Iron Sun 254
2005-Nov-14, 11:26 PM
But you're not bitter...

LurchGS
2005-Nov-14, 11:37 PM
just dry

Gillianren
2005-Nov-15, 12:02 AM
No, you're right--it's not Wimsey (no "h")--now I think of it, it just might be Silence of the Lambs! (Hannibal Lecter and Peter Wimsey do actually have quite a lot in common, albeit not the whole "eating people" thing.)

I also have a much-cherished copy of The Little House on the Prairie Cookbook, which contains a recipe for, I believe, crow pie. (Like chicken pie, but not.)

LurchGS
2005-Nov-15, 12:21 AM
I'm probably the only person in north america who's not seen, nor read, either of the books/movies on Lecter. Not my cup of tea.

On the other hand, I do have... somewhere... copies of the Mystery! episodes of Wimsey... both with Carmichael and with Fetherbridge (I think I've spelled both of those names incorrectly. It's monday)

Gillianren
2005-Nov-15, 01:31 AM
I'm probably the only person in north america who's not seen, nor read, either of the books/movies on Lecter. Not my cup of tea.

On the other hand, I do have... somewhere... copies of the Mystery! episodes of Wimsey... both with Carmichael and with Fetherbridge (I think I've spelled both of those names incorrectly. It's monday)

No, perhaps not, but Hannibal Lecter knows a great deal about wine and gourmet cuisine and books and music. Sound familiar?

I'm not fond of the Carmichael Wimseys, but will hopefully be acquiring the other, far superior ones for a Christmas/birthday present this year. (I'm normally opposed to the Christmas/birthday present, but since most of my friends spend about $25 on each, I'm certainly going to accept one item at about $50 for both.)

Enzp
2005-Nov-15, 02:24 AM
And today's Iron Chef secret ingredient IS...CROW...

Allez Cuisine!

Iron Chef Flay is preparing a mango-chipotle sauce for the crow.....

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Nov-15, 02:48 AM
Crows have reduced the songbird population in many parts around here, so if it keeps their numbers down, then I'll all for it.

LurchGS
2005-Nov-15, 06:53 AM
No, perhaps not, but Hannibal Lecter knows a great deal about wine and gourmet cuisine and books and music. Sound familiar?

Yeah, I do remember hearing that much about it, and I might have enjoyed that part of it... but the rest.. nah.

I'm not fond of the Carmichael Wimseys, but will hopefully be acquiring the other, far superior ones for a Christmas/birthday present this year. (I'm normally opposed to the Christmas/birthday present, but since most of my friends spend about $25 on each, I'm certainly going to accept one item at about $50 for both.)

I agree - Fetherbridge was MUCH better. I put up with Xmas and birthday stuff too - mostly for the kids who seem to enjoy it, for some reason.
Back to Wimsey - normally Mystery! does an ourstanding job.. I'm very fond of the Campion series, for instance... but Carmichael was just plain wrong for the part.

hrm... this does seem to have wandered off topic a bit...

------

Though we wander far, e're it seems we return to our heart