PDA

View Full Version : Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets - an MIT Study

Cylinder
2005-Nov-14, 06:31 AM
The results (http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/) may suprise you!

From the abstract:

Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals. Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We speculate that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.

Atraxani
2005-Nov-14, 06:46 AM
I don't mind the government reading my thoughts. It's just one step closer to a unified intelligence. I hope they are listening right now, because no one else seems to be interested. As for thought control, the gov't had better make sure that the software they use to automate the process is bug free. I would hate to be forced to think about 8002 voting pelicans when the gov't actually had the benign interest in getting me to vote republican in 2008.

sarongsong
2005-Nov-14, 10:32 AM
What if they were perforated in the manner of those door-screens on microwave ovens?

Damburger
2005-Nov-14, 11:03 AM
I wonder if they actually did the experiment or were just fooling around?

Candy
2005-Nov-14, 05:52 PM
The helmets were made of Reynolds aluminium foil.
Though not affiliated by government, these bands are at the hands of multinational corporations. Is Reynolds a multinational corporation? :shifty:

Swift
2005-Nov-14, 06:57 PM
ToSeeked (http://www.bautforum.com/showpost.php?p=598539&postcount=1)

Gruesome
2005-Nov-14, 07:10 PM
Back in the days of rabbit ears, if we wanted a better TV signal we'd wrap the ears with aluminum foil. Who knew we were actually blocking the signals? Can I wrap my cable with it? Wait....that didn't come out right.