PDA

View Full Version : Good Novels

Gemini
2005-Nov-16, 04:40 AM
In English, we have to do a project with an adult that involves reading a novel of our choice, written 2000 forward. Any help is much appreciated :)

Candy
2005-Nov-16, 05:02 AM
I'd go with something I am interested in, which for you would be... modeling (paper/plastic), science fiction, camping, space exploration, and/or astronomy. Perhaps, this will help with others making suggestions. :)

I pulled Gemini's interests from his profile.

Just before graduating, I did a term paper on Space Exploration. Instead of just talking about my paper for my project, I presented a PowerPoint presentation on Terraforming Mars. To get the class involved, I included a rather simple quiz within the presentation. For those that participated, I would reward them with Milky Way (couldn't find Mars) candy bars. The professor loved it. I worked with a team, but the others just reaped an A from my work.

I pulled all my information from the Internet (NASA and links provided by NASA), though.

Gillianren
2005-Nov-16, 08:58 PM
Do you have an adult to work with? What constitutes an adult?

(And Terry Pratchett's written several novels since 2000 . . . .)

Disinfo Agent
2005-Nov-16, 09:39 PM
In English, we have to do a project with an adult that involves reading a novel of our choice, written 2000 forward. Any help is much appreciated :)Any particular kind of novel? Mystery? Science fiction? Mainstream?

Gemini
2005-Nov-16, 10:58 PM
Yep