PDA

View Full Version : "Fever Pitch"

Dave Mitsky
2005-Nov-17, 02:23 PM
Earlier this week I rented "Fever Pitch" starring Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon and enjoyed watching it immensely. (I had planned on seeing it in a theater when it was released but never quite managed to.) It's an excellent romantic comedy whether one is a fan of baseball or not. Highly recommended.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050407/REVIEWS/50323004/1023

I also rented "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" but the less said about that the better. At least I didn't have to pay for it as such, since I had a rent one, get one free coupon.

Dave Mitsky

Gas Giant
2005-Nov-17, 06:53 PM
You might also be interested in the original, starring Colin Firth, Sarah Gemmell and Arsenal Football Club. However, if you're not a fan of sports the original book is probably not so interesting, as it's about Nick Hornby's love for Arsenal and fleeting affair with Cambirdge United while at university.

Dave Mitsky
2005-Nov-19, 09:11 AM
I've seen a review of the original. I may give it a try sometime.

Dave Mitsky

mid
2005-Nov-21, 12:38 PM
The Colin Firth film actually bears a vague resemblance to the book, which certainly isn't something you can say about the Hollywood version.