PDA

View Full Version : Pirate News

genebujold
2005-Nov-29, 01:31 AM
You see? Now that would have been fun. By the time I came across his post, reviewed his material, and spent about 30 minutes typing a response, the thread had been locked.

What's the matter with us having some fun debunking things like this?

Does this board only exist so that we can pat one another on the back from time to time?

How boring!

Please stop being so quick to close or shut down a thread simply because it's controversial. And please give us a chance to debunk a few things, too!

If bandwidth and/or storage space is a problem, wait six months. The price will be half of what it was.

Tinaa
2005-Nov-29, 01:34 AM
The other mods may agree...however the thread had already been reported. Sorry I messed up your fun, but it takes enough time trying to stay up with everything else without having to mess with this...guy. (no name calling)

R.A.F.
2005-Nov-29, 01:41 AM
Now that would have been fun.

Exactly what would have been "fun" about it??

Please stop being so quick to close or shut down a thread simply because it's controversial. And please give us a chance to debunk a few things, too!

I really have a problem with people wanting to "dictate" how this board should be run. I might not agree with every decision made here, but I accept the fact that that is the way "things" are.

If you're having so much trouble with how this board is run, perhaps you would be happier somewhere else...(just a bit of friendly advice.) :)

PhantomWolf
2005-Nov-29, 02:23 AM
Well it could have been fun pointing out that Apollo 16 DID take photos of stars using a UV telescope, something that was useful to do because the Earth's atmosphere blocks out mst UV light.

Wolverine
2005-Nov-29, 05:03 AM
You see? Now that would have been fun. By the time I came across his post, reviewed his material, and spent about 30 minutes typing a response, the thread had been locked.

Does this board only exist so that we can pat one another on the back from time to time?

How boring!

Plenty of things are posted on this forum suitable for debunking. The thread in question (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=35259) was rightfully locked as it appears to be a trollish exercise in self-promotion more than anything else. As a result the user was warned and the topic closed -- not because it was something "controversial."

genebujold, as per the FAQ (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?p=564845#post564845) the proper course of action in instances like this is to contact moderator(s)/admin(s) if you disagree with their actions, not air such grievances publicly. This thread doesn't belong in CT so it's been moved, and in light of the above clarification, locked.