PDA

View Full Version : South Park

Gryfin210
2005-Dec-01, 06:54 AM
In a move that was likley to thrill space enthusiasts, outrage animal rights activists, and make everyone else laugh their butts off, the kids of South Park figured out a way to land an Orca on the moon for only $200.00 through the Mexican space agency(MASA). Pretty funny with the kids negotiating w/ all of the space agencies for the cheapest rate...

Wow...

porky26030
2005-Dec-01, 04:55 PM
AND no sound over the ending scene! The emotions of joy at them doing something right were, however, outweighed by the sadness of the scene itself. I am, by my own and others' estimation, a truly horrible person, but even that was a tad much for me...

publiusr
2005-Dec-02, 09:33 PM
I can't believe the Russians turned them down...

Huevos Grandes
2005-Dec-02, 10:39 PM
I saw this !

Stan: "How much to send something to the Moon ?"
MASA guy: "Mmm, Two hundred."
Stan: "Two hundred million !?"
MASA guy: "Mmm no... two hundred... dollars."

I laughed hard at the notion of a "Mexican Space Administration", and it's a dirt lot with both farm animals and stereotypical lazy Mexicans on it, next to some crappy rockets.

Gryfin210
2005-Dec-03, 08:01 PM
Actually, I thought that the Mexican Space Agency didn't actualy use rockets, but instead just hid their astronauts in the Space Shuttle's wheel wells.

"c'mon! There have to be some other third world nations with space programs!"

I too was saddened by seeing an endangered killer whale dead on the surface of the moon. It kept giving me flashbacks of the closing scene from "Space Cowboys". But the joyous lack of sound as well as the irony of the horror seen on the faces of the Animal Rights Activists seeing what they had helped do, satisfied me enough to enable myself to laugh and to still have a clear concience.

"Save the whales, [inappropriate language deleted by moderator]"

"How much to send a whale to the moon? No, I don't want you to actually eat the whale, just send it to the moon."

2005-Dec-03, 08:38 PM
Rules for Posting to this Board (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=32864)

Think of the language used on TV during an after-school special and you'll get the idea. Deliberately misspelled bad words, or replacing key letters with different characters or numbers will not be tolerated.

Wolverine
2005-Dec-04, 12:12 AM
Gryfin210, you need to review and abide by the forum rules; follow the link 01101001 posted above.

3. Language

No cursing. This goes along with being polite. This website is read by a lot of kids, including young school kids who want to learn about astronomy, space, and space exploration. The Universe is a marvelous place, full of beauty and wonder, and if you despoil it by using bad language you will quickly invoke the ire of the administrators and moderators. Think of the language used on TV during an after-school special and you'll get the idea. Deliberately misspelled bad words, or replacing key letters with different characters or numbers will not be tolerated.

Do not make the same mistake again.

TheGalaxyTrio
2005-Dec-05, 07:09 AM
AND no sound over the ending scene! The emotions of joy at them doing something right were, however, outweighed by the sadness of the scene itself. I am, by my own and others' estimation, a truly horrible person, but even that was a tad much for me...

Huh. I laughed the hardest at the final, silent shot of the dead whale. It was a near perfect punchline.

But then again I am the most cold hearted person on the planet (in movies like Armageddon, I root for the asteroid), so maybe that explains it.

EricDerKonig
2005-Dec-05, 07:26 AM
Huh. I laughed the hardest at the final, silent shot of the dead whale. It was a near perfect punchline.

But then again I am the most cold hearted person on the planet (in movies like Armageddon, I root for the asteroid), so maybe that explains it.

If I had to watch Armageddon, I'd root for the asteroid, too.

Enzp
2005-Dec-06, 06:47 AM
Geez, I just watched that last night. It just now occurred to me that the Mexican space agency was "MASA." A corny joke indeed. Perhaps I am simply the last guy here to notice that.

C'mon, the whale was blasted into space. SOMETHING had to become of it. it surely wasn't going to swim back by and wave to the audience. I think it was a pretty good satire overall.

Van Rijn
2005-Dec-06, 07:05 AM
C'mon, the whale was blasted into space. SOMETHING had to become of it. it surely wasn't going to swim back by and wave to the audience. I think it was a pretty good satire overall.

Yes, the fact that the rocket was carrying the whale in a sling was a pretty big hint. I was almost certain that it was going to be dead. The only alternative would have been if they had done a "Hitchhiker's" variation with real "alien" whales on the moon.