PDA

View Full Version : oh joy

Taks
2005-Dec-03, 06:58 PM
well, skied breck yesterday for the 5th time this season. best snow i've ever seen (in my entire 18 month skiing career) on the slopes and they've only been open three weeks.

an amazing year on the horizon. 10 feet of snow has already fallen with a few more on the way this week alone. summit county mountains normally only average 20-25 feet per year, with around half coming after about mid-february.

of course, skiing with a foot of powder on even the groomed runs means i'm in a bit of pain today. don't cry for me, however, as i enjoyed it. :) my ski buddy, robert, and i intend to go every other friday if anyone is interested in joining us. we also both intend to spend a few weekends with our respective families... yeah.

taks

Andromeda321
2005-Dec-03, 07:40 PM
*so insanely jealous right now*
Oh man oh man, someone PLEASE explain to me why I go to school in Ohio!!! I mean we got six inches tonight but it's all so horribly sickeningly flat...
On the bright side I get to go ski at Steamboat over winter break! Been to CO to ski many a time but never there so I'm looking forward to it. :)

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Dec-03, 07:44 PM
Hm. We don't even have snow yet...

teri tait
2005-Dec-03, 08:04 PM
Tak, you are cute as cute can be!
Andromeda, your swirling beauty is dizzying
Canuck...you know how I feel about you, aye? Best piece of chess I ever drooled over! Seriously, I love that queen or king...been awhile since actually played but so it is tough to discern. I'm guessing queen though...

Happy, happy, joy, joy
:)

teri tait
2005-Dec-03, 08:20 PM
Hm. We don't even have snow yet...
;)

Donnie B.
2005-Dec-03, 08:51 PM
Tak, you are cute as cute can be!
Andromeda, your swirling beauty is dizzying
Canuck...you know how I feel about you, aye? Best piece of chess I ever drooled over! Seriously, I love that queen or king...been awhile since actually played but so it is tough to discern. I'm guessing queen though...

Happy, happy, joy, joy
:)With the cross on top, I'd say it's a king. Unless it's just a pom-pom on his ski cap... :)

Taks
2005-Dec-03, 10:30 PM
Tak, you are cute as cute can be!:)
that's my son, john.

steamboat is in the same boat as summit county slopes, andromeda. 10 feet of snow already and most arrives in late winter (feb/march/april). steamboat didn't even open till the day before turkey day, btw. your trip should be a blast. i'd head up there, but it is a 3 1/2 hour drive and i have a season pass to breck, a slope that i drive past on the way to steamboat.

it is snowing pretty hard here (colorado springs) now. we've got about 6 inches on the ground and it's coming down almost an inch an hour with no end in sight. woohoo!!!

i love the snow. :)

taks

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Dec-03, 11:34 PM
teri: S'a king. My, aren't we happy? :)

The Mangler
2005-Dec-04, 04:16 AM
I miss snow... It was 81°F today. I'm an aircraft mechanic, and it's a very nomadic profession. Jobs only last a few years, and the next one is usually a thousand miles away... Really. My last move was around 1500 miles. I moved to Texas 4 or 5 months ago, and it looks like it'll be a while till I see some real snow. I'm still in denial that it's December. 80° in December is not normal for me.

teri tait
2005-Dec-04, 04:33 AM
teri: S'a king. My, aren't we happy? :)

Dear Canuck,
I am happy...overall love prevails! I am healthy, able to pay my bills, and have 3 lovely daughters! Life is pretty sweet. Canada is a nice place, I drove through on the Alcan a few years back. I grew up in Alaska and still consider it 'home'.

Cheers,

Teri

teri tait
2005-Dec-04, 04:39 AM
:)
that's my son, john.

i love the snow. :)

taks

Dear Taks,
Your son is adorable! You all have a good time on the slopes!

L,

Teri

mugaliens
2005-Dec-04, 10:32 PM
well, skied breck yesterday for the 5th time this season.

Breckinridge? I grew up in Colorado.

Miss it.