PDA

View Full Version : Future Events Timeline

jkmccrann
2005-Dec-05, 03:26 PM
In relation to Wikipedia, this is something I found on Wikipedia the other day, something I found quite interesting, a timeline of fictional future events.

I don't know of anywhere else that has such a comprehensive list, but one thing I've always enjoyed is arriving at a year and looking back at how other people envisaged life would be in that year.

Just looking at the next few upcoming entries....

* December 24 - the Pluto's Kiss virus causes the complete shutdown of the Internet (.hack)

* Pandemic kills 99.9% of all women in Battle Tanx Global Assault and the world's population over the age of puberty in Jeremiah.
* Beginning of The Bicentennial Man movie (the original short story was set in 1976).
* June 28 - A spaceship crashes into the River Thames, triggering a worldwide red alert as part of a scheme by the alien Slitheen to turn the Earth into a radioactive fuel dump (Doctor Who - Aliens of London/World War Three).

Some of you may well be aware of some of these things, but the main reasons I provide this link is because its to me an example of the flexibility of the Wikipedia to provide such a niche resource.

Timeline of Future Events (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_fictional_future_events)

Also, curious as to whether this type of catalogue is of interest to anyone else?

teri tait
2005-Dec-05, 03:52 PM
I love Wikipedia!!
I believe I even threw an entry into that 'pedia a while back.

My prediction:

The future will begin...now and continue without fail up to and including...then
;)