PDA

View Full Version : Moon hoax on radio

Peter B
2005-Dec-05, 11:58 PM
For those who can pick up ABC Local Radio Hobart (AM 936) in Australia, I'll be talking to host Annie Warburton tonight at about 9.30pm (I think that's 1030 GMT) about the theory that the Apollo Moon landings were faked.

AGN Fuel
2005-Dec-06, 02:33 AM
For those who can pick up ABC Local Radio Hobart (AM 936) in Australia, I'll be talking to host Annie Warburton tonight at about 9.30pm (I think that's 1030 GMT) about the theory that the Apollo Moon landings were faked.

Hi Peter - how did it go??

Peter B
2005-Dec-06, 02:49 AM
That's tonight (Tuesday night)!

Dang time zones. :-)

But don't worry, I'll tell everyone about it.

AGN Fuel
2005-Dec-06, 03:02 AM
That's tonight (Tuesday night)!

Dang time zones. :-)

But don't worry, I'll tell everyone about it.

:lol: My mistake - I just saw the 'yesterday' and didn't check the time stamp.

Good luck with it!

Peter B
2005-Dec-07, 12:05 AM
Well, it's over.

I spent about 15 minutes on air with Annie. She's a lovely person, and put me at ease - I can tell you that coming up with simple statements, and remembering the right words, can be quite tricky when you're live on air.

She based her questions on a 2 page pamphlet I wrote for the Skeptics, so I had the answers there right in front of me.

Once again, the producer also liked my effort, and it looks like I'll be invited back to discuss another topic in late January, once the Silly Season is over!

AGN Fuel
2005-Dec-07, 04:13 AM
Well, it's over.

I spent about 15 minutes on air with Annie. She's a lovely person, and put me at ease - I can tell you that coming up with simple statements, and remembering the right words, can be quite tricky when you're live on air.

She based her questions on a 2 page pamphlet I wrote for the Skeptics, so I had the answers there right in front of me.

Once again, the producer also liked my effort, and it looks like I'll be invited back to discuss another topic in late January, once the Silly Season is over!

How was the interview conducted, Peter? Was it done by phone (there's a fair distance between Hobart & Canberra!)? Or are you out of town at the moment?

Peter B
2005-Dec-07, 05:00 AM
Over the phone. The producer rang me up a couple of minutes ahead of time, and the next thing I knew I was live on the air. After the interview, I again switched back to the producer, which is when we discussed the time for the next talk.

I was all set up on the kitchen table, with the pamphlet, some hand written notes on possible questions, Chaikin's "A Man on the Moon" and Light's "Full Moon." But in the end, I really only referred to the pamphlet itself. Still, better to have notes and not need them, than the other way around...

mickal555
2005-Dec-07, 05:23 PM
Cool :D

I'm sorry I missed it....