PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

Candy
2005-Dec-06, 01:18 AM
Okay, I went to the store to buy AAA batteries for my cordless mouse. I bought the package, because it said "Save 50 Cents Now!" I assumed the cashier would pull off the instant coupon while checking out, like so many times before. Well, he didn't. I didn't notice this, until I got home. Like I want to go back to the store and demand a 50 cent refund. :mad:

I don't like heavy perfume, either.

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-06, 01:43 AM
I hate it when you say something, then people say "Huh?" and wait for you to start to say it again, and then reply....that drives me crazy!:mad:

Candy
2005-Dec-06, 02:45 AM
There's a guy, well several clones, at work that are very good at presentation. Therefore, whatever they say appears to be accurate. Well, I fell for this, but after several questions, I learned the truth. These guys are just floating through life on hot air. They are uneducated (I want to say something else).

I now know how to spot them. Just ask questions, and if they get flustered, then you know. Don't fall for everything you here. ;)

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-06, 02:54 AM
Don't fall for everything you here. ;)

My pet peeve: Homonyms

Not really, but I couldn't resist.

montebianco
2005-Dec-06, 02:57 AM
My pet peeve: Homonyms

Not really, but I couldn't resist.

Ooh, you bad boy you...

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-06, 03:13 AM
I hate it when you say something, then people say "Huh?" and wait for you to start to say it again, and then reply....that drives me crazy!:mad:

Huh?

I understand what you mean.

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-06, 03:43 AM
Huh?

I understand what you mean.

:mad:

HeHe:)

Gullible Jones
2005-Dec-06, 04:05 AM
Linux fanboys who believe their operating system is invulnerable. Especially when said fanboys are the maintainers of Linux distros, and my complaints about lame default security settings and lack of hardened kernels fall on dead ears.

(Yes, I'm a Linux user, and no, I'm not a rabid fanboy. If you care about your OS, folks, don't just sit around; try to improve it!)

Swift
2005-Dec-06, 04:44 AM
You know, that would be a good name for my next cat....
"Here Peeve, dinner time Peeve!"
:)

Candy
2005-Dec-06, 05:00 AM
You know, that would be a good name for my next cat....
"Here Peeve, dinner time Peeve!"
:)
So would you consider Peeve a Pet? You so cute! :lol:

TheBlackCat
2005-Dec-06, 05:23 AM
-people who cut in line
-people who don't hold the door for other people that they know are there
-people who insist on believing things they know are wrong because "it makes them feel better"
-People who jump to conclusions based on data or resesearch without any regard for its potential limitations or biases, especially people who make decisions based on preliminary research or results
-People who pass off their own personal beliefs as fact or science
-People who don't realize their personal beliefs are not fact or science
-People without respect for other people's personal beliefs
-People who claim opinions are wrong (by definition they can't be wrong)
-People who insult or look down on people who have different opinions
-People who don't know the difference between opinion and fact
-People who try to pass opinion off as fact
-People who dismiss fact as opinion
-People who, when what they were originally claiming were facts are shown to be wrong, reverse themselves and claim they are opinions
-People who think that reality should somehow conform with their opinion of how reality should work, and expect others to respect their opinion on how reality works as fact (especially if their "opinion" goes against the facts)
-People with too much or too little faith in in science and what it can accomplish
-People who blame others for things that are not that person or group's fault, especially people who blame others for their own problems or blame others for events that were nobody's fault
-People who ignore information or claim it is wrong simply on the grounds that they do not like the information, or worse yet do not even understand it
-Idealists
-People who are just generally irrational and/or refuse to listen to reason
-People who use fictional works as evidence for some claim about the real world (excluding implications of the fictional work regarding the author or social criticism)
-people who argue with the professor over pointless details during class
-people who ask pointless or irrelevant questions during class
-people who copy other people's homework
-fingernail polish and fake nails (toenail polish is even worse)
-satin or other materials that feel like it
-when you go out of your way to park as far from others as you can, and when you come back the only car within 20 spaces of you is parked right next to you or directly in front of you
-words that I can't learn to pronounce correctly (I hate "comparable", I always pronounce it like it is spelled)
-movies, tv series, and books that kill off the main character in the end
-movies, tv series, and books that resurrect the previously killed-off main character
-tv series and book series where the couple they have been setting up for the entire series seperate in the very last secene for whatever reason (the stupider the reason, the more annoying)
-tv series and book series where the couple they have been setting up for the entire series don't end up together because they both die in the very last scene (two peeves in one)
-people who insist taking perspectives on issues in a fictional work that goes directly against what is in the work itself or goes against official statements made by those who created the work, especially when it comes to romantic relationships or character backgrounds. The "there's only one Link" crowd really gets on my nerves, as do people who insist on pairing together characters who hate each other, or at the very least where one character has shown absolutely zero interest in the other but is obviously in a very deep mutual relationship with someone else (no, Fiona is NOT going to marry Thomas, she hardly even realizes he exists and is completely obsessed with Van to such a degree that it is a running joke in the series).
-movies that are supposed to be about some major historical event but basically take a few extremely historically unimportant or even fictional characters and focus the entire movie on them while largely ignoring or just glancing over the actual historical event the movie is supposed to be about and the real historically important figures that shaped the event. Generally these movies have as their title the historical event in question, but the actual event itself is of little or no importance to the story and the story would have worked just as well without it. It can probably be safely assumed that any movie with a historical event or place as its title will have little or nothing to do with the actual historical event (Titanic, Pearl Harbor), while movies whose titles are obvious references to a historical event or place but are not actually the name of the event or place are likely to be relatively accurate representations of the events and focus on the important historical figures involved (Tora! Tora! Tora!, Thirteen Days). I can forgive some historical innaccuraces, but when the historical event is almost ignored it gets on my nerves.

soylentgreen
2005-Dec-06, 06:00 AM
People who say "vee" when they see the two sides of a legal dispute: Roe vee Wade, Hatfield vee McCoy, Ed vee Francis, Ecks vee Sever, etc....just plain lazy. They want to sound pithy and informed, but they just sound like a FOXnews robot.
..and worse are people who say "verse"! Roe verse Wade, Whopper verse Big Mac, etc...

SUV's...c'mon...people get a vehicle that's supposed to sell them as having some active outdoor lifestyle yet they troll endlessly around parking lots looking for the closest spot! And when was the last time anyone you knew who had an SUV actually did any off-roading? The closest any of the SUV drivin' soccer-mom's in NJ get to off-roading is when they accidentally go up on the curb at the ShopRite! And what about the souls who have the nerve to put "conserve our environment" plates on their vanity dreadnaught?

Oh yeah, another thing....people who hang dream catcher's from their rear-view mirrors. Nothing shows just how NOT in touch with Native American culture you are as much as that does.

Ahhh, I'm glad to get that out in the air....

sarongsong
2005-Dec-06, 07:11 AM
The strategic placement of garment labels in the center of collars that rub on the back of one's neck.

Van Rijn
2005-Dec-06, 07:18 AM
The strategic placement of garment labels in the center of collars that rub on the back of one's neck.

Yes! I regularly cut those off. They seem to delight in making them as irritating as possible.

Enzp
2005-Dec-06, 07:33 AM
What if homonyms try to merry? Sort of a queer eye for the strayed guy?

Pet peeves? My pet gets peeved when there is not sufficient food in his dish. He also does not like it when I put things on my office shelves. He systematically knocks them back onto the floor where they apparently belong. SMug little thing. (But he is my little warm fuzzy friend.)

OK, one for me. It bugs me when newspapers discuss Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac without ever ever ever spelling out the actual names of the organizations ever. Not in my lifetime. (In fairness I believe Fannie Mae to be the FNMA - something like federal national mortgage association. Freddie Mac, I haven't a clue.)

paulie jay
2005-Dec-06, 08:15 AM
My pet peeve-of-the-moment is the way newsreaders and reporters in Sydney refer to events as "that".

"There was a stir in parliament house today when the Minister for Health faced torrid questioning over his involvement in that taxation scandal..."

"Now, more news on that bank holdup..."

"Three people are now confirmed dead and seven injured after that bus crash in Liverpool..."

I don't really know why it irritates me so much. Maybe it's because they are implyig that I should already know about that taxation scandal, and what an unhip moron I am for not being up with the latest. Or maybe it's just paranoia. Either way, it's too conversational for a serious news broadcast in my book.

Melusine
2005-Dec-06, 08:44 AM
...People who talk in movie theaters.
...People who wait until the quietest moment of the movie to unwrap their candy...slowly.
...People who bring small kids to movies that are so inappropriate for small kids, then don't take them out when they start making noise.
...People who answer their cell phones at my desk.
...Cars with extraordinarily loud base that vibrates my apartment and sets off car alarms, no less in the wee hours of the morning.
...People who can't take off their politically partisan blinders for any issue.
...People who say "excetera" instead of "et cetera."

montebianco
2005-Dec-06, 08:52 AM
...People who say "excetera" instead of "et cetera."

Well, you have inspired me.

People who say "expresso" instead of "espresso" :D

Enzp
2005-Dec-06, 09:02 AM
Ooooooh.

There was a coffee place going in across the street and I cringed when the sign went up: "Espresso Self." The place was still born and never opened. The eveil sign eventually disappeared. I am not a fan of cutsie, unless it goes way over the top.

Hugh Jass
2005-Dec-06, 09:15 AM
Disclaimers in commercials.”
“Professional driver on closed course do not attempt.”
And others like it. Its just a reminder that people will do stupid things, blame someone else for their actions and sue whoever they can, and a lawyer that will take it on for the buck.

EvilBob
2005-Dec-06, 10:19 AM
People who give their children made-up 'trendy' names, or deliberately misspell ordinary names. There seems to be a spate of it here in Aust, at least. "Jaxson" is a particular teeth-grinder for me. My niece is named 'Taylor', which is bad enough, but the other day I spotted a girl in the supermarket with a name badge that read 'Tayhlah'...
:evil:
I spend my life having to spell my name to every moron who needs it, as well as having to correct the pronunciation of anyone who reads it. It really ain't a lot of fun. Why do that to your child?

Nicolas
2005-Dec-06, 12:54 PM
I spend my life having to spell my name to every moron who needs it, as well as having to correct the pronunciation of anyone who reads it. It really ain't a lot of fun. Why do that to your child?

"Bob" :eh: I assume that ain't your real name :lol:

Argos
2005-Dec-06, 01:39 PM
Turned up nose academicians.

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-06, 02:58 PM
People who give their children made-up 'trendy' names, or deliberately misspell ordinary names. There seems to be a spate of it here in Aust, at least. "Jaxson" is a particular teeth-grinder for me. My niece is named 'Taylor', which is bad enough, but the other day I spotted a girl in the supermarket with a name badge that read 'Tayhlah'...
:evil:

Funny, one of my pet peeves are people having the same name over and over again, to the poitn where I have to say, "Which Bob? The one at the supermarket, the grocery store, my work place - and then, which of the five Bobs there - the car wash, or the cleaners?"

I don't see what the big deal is with names that have different spellings. "Jaxson" doesn't seem that bad. "Tayhlah"'s kinda cute.

It's better than some of the names out there...

mickal555
2005-Dec-06, 03:23 PM
People who say "vee" when they see the two sides of a legal dispute: Roe vee Wade, Hatfield vee McCoy, Ed vee Francis, Ecks vee Sever, etc....just plain lazy. They want to sound pithy and informed, but they just sound like a FOXnews robot.
..and worse are people who say "verse"! Roe verse Wade, Whopper verse Big Mac, etc...

SUV's...c'mon...people get a vehicle that's supposed to sell them as having some active outdoor lifestyle yet they troll endlessly around parking lots looking for the closest spot! And when was the last time anyone you knew who had an SUV actually did any off-roading? The closest any of the SUV drivin' soccer-mom's in NJ get to off-roading is when they accidentally go up on the curb at the ShopRite! And what about the souls who have the nerve to put "conserve our environment" plates on their vanity dreadnaught?

Oh yeah, another thing....people who hang dream catcher's from their rear-view mirrors. Nothing shows just how NOT in touch with Native American culture you are as much as that does.

Ahhh, I'm glad to get that out in the air....

We got a 4WD we use it often camping etc...

swansont
2005-Dec-06, 03:59 PM
The use of acronyms/abbreviations without knowing what they mean, because of the use redundant terms: e.g. PIN number, ATM machine, HIV virus

The inability to pronounce nuclear, jewelry and/or foliage

The use of jive instead of jibe, mute instead of moot (and a few others I can't dredge up at the moment)

mickal555
2005-Dec-06, 04:02 PM
HIV- Highly infectious Virus

I hate bad spelling- If people took the time to learn how to spell words, they'd be so much easier to understard.

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-06, 04:04 PM
Dang, you all get upset over the smallest of tiniest of things... sheesh.

One of my main pet peeves is the declaration of something that makes no sense.

I.E., "Marijauna is bad 'cause it's a DRUG -- PERIOD!" (Now, whether or not you think Marijuana should be legalized or remain illegalized, or whether or not you think that it's harmful -- saying that it's a drug does not prove something one way or the other)

montebianco
2005-Dec-06, 04:04 PM

I hate bad spelling- If people took the time to learn how to spell words, they'd be so much easier to understard.

And to understand also :D

mickal555
2005-Dec-06, 04:07 PM
Exactly

And people who are hippocrites!

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-06, 04:08 PM
Exactly

I dunno, I find hippos kinda cute...

darkhunter
2005-Dec-06, 04:16 PM

Took mine camping (off road) the first weekend after I did some paintwork on it....and still haven't had a chance to fix the new sratches I put on it then....

montebianco
2005-Dec-06, 04:18 PM
Another one of my pet peeves is people who whine on the internet about their - oh, wait a minute, never mind...

mickal555
2005-Dec-06, 04:20 PM
ROFL
:lol:

SeanF
2005-Dec-06, 04:20 PM
HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus.

Or were you posting this as a pet peeve? :eh:

mickal555
2005-Dec-06, 04:25 PM
Ermm....

Yea...:shifty: sure... thats what I meant :shifty:

:lol::p:lol:

I knew it wasn't just trying to annoy swansont. ;)

Gruesome
2005-Dec-06, 04:34 PM
People who say ashphalt. IT'S ASPHALT!!!

Those people are such dumb ashes.

JohnW
2005-Dec-06, 05:23 PM
It's going to be that time of year again soon... time to chew the carpet every time someone says "Febuary".

mickal555
2005-Dec-06, 05:33 PM
When you get like sqeaky teeth and you just wanna pry then apart...

NEOWatcher
2005-Dec-06, 06:01 PM
How about the media taking a "no kidding (as in Duh)" study and making a big deal out of it... example "Schools that run bake sales and let teachers reward students with candy risk having more overweight pupils" (http://www.newsnet5.com/health/5470629/detail.html)

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-06, 06:03 PM
How about the media taking a "no kidding (as in Duh)" study and making a big deal out of it... example "Schools that run bake sales and let teachers reward students with candy risk having more overweight pupils" (http://www.newsnet5.com/health/5470629/detail.html)

Wow. Will they now link the fact that supermodels and "attractive" women are underweight to anorexia?

Sheesh.

Nicolas
2005-Dec-06, 07:38 PM
I don't see what the big deal is with names that have different spellings. "Jaxson" doesn't seem that bad. "Tayhlah"'s kinda cute.

It's better than some of the names out there...

As an MSN nickname, "tayhlah" might be cute. As a real name however...

"Yours sincerely,

Tayhlah Surname.
Head of Police"

Really neat, thanks parents...

Or even better: next to your front door:

"Tayhlah Surname. Speech Therapist"

"tayhlah" really sounds like you're too tired to articulate :).

SeanF
2005-Dec-06, 08:41 PM
"tayhlah" really sounds like you're too tired to articulate :).
Tayhlah's cah is pahked in the yahd.

She's from Boston!

Nicolas
2005-Dec-06, 09:01 PM
:D

Imagine her talking to a Scot.

"how ahe you?"

"Quite ollrrrright thanks!"

:D

You know, Tayhlah's just one step from Ahnold :D

Gillianren
2005-Dec-06, 09:02 PM
My real name, Edith, is pretty unusual--in this generation. Now, if I were seventy, it'd be a lot more common. (I'm obviously not; I turn 29 today.) One of my pet peeves, incidentally, is people who persist in calling me "Edie" even though they know I hate it. Also a good friend of mine who thinks it'd be healthy for me to lose me temper and doesn't get the concept of "manic depressive rage," which means it'd be a really bad idea for me to do that.

Other pet peeves include bad spelling, bad grammar, and people who are proud of their bad spelling and bad grammar, as if it makes them cool. (Hint: it doesn't; it makes you incomprehensible.)

People who make vast generalizations about any given group and then get annoyed when you point out to them half-a-dozen examples of them being wrong.

Swift
2005-Dec-06, 09:11 PM
(I'm obviously not; I turn 29 today.)
I know it is the wrong thread, but Happy Birthday.

Swift
2005-Dec-06, 09:15 PM
Another one of my pet peeves is people who whine on the internet about their - oh, wait a minute, never mind...
I suspect that was a joke (mostly a joke?) but actually peeving does kind of get me down. One of the local radio stations had a 30 second snipe program; every Monday they let people moan for 30 seconds about whatever they wanted to. I'm like everyone else and like/need to complain; maybe its just me, but listening to others complain just gets old real fast (I get a never ending stream of it at work).

So you ask, why are you hanging out here Swift? Good question. :think:
bye

farmerjumperdon
2005-Dec-06, 09:28 PM
People who pepper their speech with stuff intended to impress, but which is utterly meaningless, such as:

per se

I asked someone once what the difference was between:

There is no money in the budget, per se.

and:

There is no money in the budget.

There's a really fun little book titled Class, which has a chapter on pretentious speech. Very entertaining. It also has chapters on pretentious dining, pretentious decor, pretentious you-name-it. It's basically a comical dig on the pretensions of the middle class. If you are sensitive or in denial about class divisions in America, you won't like it. If you're open to humor on the topic, it is a must read.

Nicolas
2005-Dec-06, 09:35 PM
We use "per sé" a lot here in normal conversations (meaning "necessarily"). In your example in English it's not too natural however :).

SeanF
2005-Dec-06, 10:47 PM
I asked someone once what the difference was between:

There is no money in the budget, per se.

and:

There is no money in the budget.
There actually is a difference, there - at least, to me. The first implies that it may be possible to spend the money anyway, even though it's not technically budgeted. The second implies an absolute, final, no.

Granted, if the speaker wasn't intending to make that implication by using per se, then...

(BTW, does anybody's list of pet peeves include people who poke holes in others' pet peeves? :shifty: )

sarongsong
2005-Dec-06, 11:18 PM
Our city council meetings are televised locally, and the s-l-o-w-e-s-t talking member of the 5 has managed to infect the other 4 with his persistant, labored use of the wonderful all-purpose thought-filler:
"Uh-h-h..."

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-06, 11:34 PM
-people who cut in line
-people who insist on believing things they know are wrong because "it makes them feel better"
-People who jump to conclusions based on data or resesearch without any regard for its potential limitations or biases, especially people who make decisions based on preliminary research or results
-People who, when what they were originally claiming were facts are shown to be wrong, reverse themselves and claim they are opinions
-People who think that reality should somehow conform with their opinion of how reality should work, and expect others to respect their opinion on how reality works as fact (especially if their "opinion" goes against the facts)
-People with too much or too little faith in in science and what it can accomplish
-People who blame others for things that are not that person or group's fault, especially people who blame others for their own problems or blame others for events that were nobody's fault
-People who ignore information or claim it is wrong simply on the grounds that they do not like the information, or worse yet do not even understand it
-Idealists
-People who use fictional works as evidence for some claim about the real world (excluding implications of the fictional work regarding the author or social criticism)
-when you go out of your way to park as far from others as you can, and when you come back the only car within 20 spaces of you is parked right next to you or directly in front of you
-words that I can't learn to pronounce correctly (I hate "comparable", I always pronounce it like it is spelled)
-movies, tv series, and books that resurrect the previously killed-off main character
-tv series and book series where the couple they have been setting up for the entire series seperate in the very last secene for whatever reason (the stupider the reason, the more annoying)
-tv series and book series where the couple they have been setting up for the entire series don't end up together because they both die in the very last scene (two peeves in one)
-people who insist taking perspectives on issues in a fictional work that goes directly against what is in the work itself or goes against official statements made by those who created the work, especially when it comes to romantic relationships or character backgrounds. The "there's only one Link" crowd really gets on my nerves, as do people who insist on pairing together characters who hate each other, or at the very least where one character has shown absolutely zero interest in the other but is obviously in a very deep mutual relationship with someone else (no, Fiona is NOT going to marry Thomas, she hardly even realizes he exists and is completely obsessed with Van to such a degree that it is a running joke in the series).
-movies that are supposed to be about some major historical event but basically take a few extremely historically unimportant or even fictional characters and focus the entire movie on them while largely ignoring or just glancing over the actual historical event the movie is supposed to be about and the real historically important figures that shaped the event. Generally these movies have as their title the historical event in question, but the actual event itself is of little or no importance to the story and the story would have worked just as well without it. It can probably be safely assumed that any movie with a historical event or place as its title will have little or nothing to do with the actual historical event (Titanic, Pearl Harbor), while movies whose titles are obvious references to a historical event or place but are not actually the name of the event or place are likely to be relatively accurate representations of the events and focus on the important historical figures involved (Tora! Tora! Tora!, Thirteen Days). I can forgive some historical innaccuraces, but when the historical event is almost ignored it gets on my nerves.

You on the right planet?:D

One of my pet peeves is when people underestimate my intelligence because of the grades I make in school....that gets on my nerves a bit.

Oh, and when they remake the same movies over and over and.....

The Mangler
2005-Dec-06, 11:39 PM
People who say "hot water heater" instead of "water heater". If it's hot, why do you need to heat it???

Also, people that think light beer is so much healthier than regular beer. The difference in calories is not very much. They do taste different, but there aren't many other differences.

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-06, 11:44 PM
People who say "hot water heater" instead of "water heater". If it's hot, why do you need to heat it???

:doh: Ok, i admit to that one....

When someone says they are going to do something and never do, even if you remind them they make an excuse...:naughty:

When you loan someone money when they really need it and never pay you back...:evil:

The Mangler
2005-Dec-06, 11:48 PM
:doh: Ok, i admit to that one....

When you loan someone money when they really need it and never pay you back...:evil:

I don't like to borrow money from people, but if I do I make sure I pay it back before they ask for it.

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-06, 11:56 PM
I don't like to borrow money from people, but if I do I make sure I pay it back before they ask for it.

You think everyone would:neutral:

I hate it when someone picks one kid to pick on in school, I am always the guy who always stands up for people who get picked on if they don't deserve it, this is one of the things that just gets my blood boiling! Why do something like this? Because the people who bully are...Ahem, Ill stop there and let you use your imagination on this one.

(I can see myself unloading on this thread quite often:D )

Candy
2005-Dec-07, 12:34 AM
I know it is the wrong thread, but Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday, Gillianren! I thought about you over the weekend, too. I stopped posting to the Birthday thread, because it was someone's pet peeve.

EvilBob
2005-Dec-07, 12:55 AM
Tayhlah's cah is pahked in the yahd.

She's from Boston! Thanks, SeanF! You've made my day with that one!

No, Bob's not my real name - it's Dylan. And how could anyone who's lived through the '60s not know how to spell or say that? Or for the younger generation, Beverly Hills 90210. But I still get people saying 'Die-lan', and the variant spellings I get....

I've just remembered another pet peeve, as our esteemed Federal Opposition Leader's just used it - the current use of "Un-Australian" to describe someone with whom you disagree. I assume it happens similarly in other countries; I often hear US politicians use "Un-American". As if there is a particular code of conduct or belief that defines your nationality.

Nicolas
2005-Dec-07, 01:03 AM
Dylan - Bob: nice one! :)

It's pronounced "dillun" right? (i like in "dim")

EvilBob
2005-Dec-07, 01:24 AM
Yes, that's about right, a short 'i'. Just like in 'Bob Dylan' and 'Dylan Thomas' (who I'm actually named for). 'Bob' is my in-law's nickname for me...

Nicolas
2005-Dec-07, 01:39 AM
I assumed it was just like in "Bob Dylan" but I wasn't sure it was pronounced overhere as it should be :).

EvilBob
2005-Dec-07, 01:48 AM
I can understand that. My mother's family is Swiss, and they all pronounce it "Dee-lon". Which I don't mind, in that kind of accent!

HenrikOlsen
2005-Dec-07, 02:02 AM
I've just remembered another pet peeve, as our esteemed Federal Opposition Leader's just used it - the current use of "Un-Australian" to describe someone with whom you disagree. I assume it happens similarly in other countries; I often hear US politicians use "Un-American". As if there is a particular code of conduct or belief that defines your nationality.
Here the main users of udansk (un-danish) are nationalistic bigots who seem to believe that the country's culture is defined by how it was when they grew up, in their specific neighbourhood. They are incidentally one of my pet peeves as well.

Another pet peeve is people who misspell Tolkien as Tolkein, and Niels Bohr as Neils Bohr. Even worse, when they do it in a book and it isn't caught, or the author did it right but the copyeditor or proofreader "fixed" it.
Oh, and those who misspell Henrik as Henrick or Hendrik or Hendrick or ... even when the name is clearly written in the email they are replying to.

EvilBob
2005-Dec-07, 02:52 AM
<snip>Oh, and those who misspell Henrik as Henrick or Hendrik or Hendrick or ... even when the name is clearly written in the email they are replying to.I get that one. How hard is it to look? People's names are about the most important thing to get right when you're communicating with someone.

The Mangler
2005-Dec-07, 03:17 AM
I get that one. How hard is it to look? People's names are about the most important thing to get right when you're communicating with someone.
My last name (Engler, I pronounce it the way it looks, but I guess it's really susposed to be pronounced more like Angler. It's origanaly German, maybe some of you Germans out there can verify the correct pronunciation?) seems like it would be pretty easy to spell, but a lot of people spell it with an I or an A instead of an E. Even when I spell it for them. It gets pretty annoying when you spell it for them and they still get it wrong.

LurchGS
2005-Dec-07, 04:56 AM
lessee... I hate people who use that 'word'..

My kids are Kodiak and Kenai (both boys). I, too, hate 'inventive' spelling of common names, or naming for inanimate objects (Tree, River, Crystal...)

I absolutely detest people who use improper grammar and bad spelling, and do NOT care. I've given away so many copies of Lynne Truss' book it's unreal.

People who do not use turn signals when they change lanes should be run over three or four times.

I admit to occasionally misspelling a name when replying to an e-mail. I promise, it's not deliberate.

Network TV
Continuity checkers who don't
Endless remakes of movies (this generally includes sequels)
BOOKS wherein the it's obvious the author did a fair bit of research - and blatantly ignored or distorted what he read.
Books where the author didn't bother to do the needed research

People who spend their days whining about how bad things are, while never getting up from in front of the TV.

people who believe anything they read (see on TV, etc)

Main Stream Press

People who think their metaphysical beliefs are of any interest at all to me.

Football (US style - soccer is ... ok)

People who don't realise that bad movies are the best ones to watch

People who dial a wrong number and don't apologize when, for some unknown reason, I answer.

Other people's children (I'm not saying mine are in any way perfect, but they don't annoy me as much as yours do. Probably a psychic blind spot...)

People who use the elipsis too much...

The fact that I have 150 channels of TV, and STILL the only thing to watch is a DVD.

Dogs who bark all night. Even mine.

The fact that if I were to really list all my pet peeves, most of you wouldn't have the bandwidth to read them all.

---

Basically, I hate everything.

TheBlackCat
2005-Dec-07, 05:42 AM
My last name (Engler, I pronounce it the way it looks, but I guess it's really susposed to be pronounced more like Angler. It's origanaly German, maybe some of you Germans out there can verify the correct pronunciation?) seems like it would be pretty easy to spell, but a lot of people spell it with an I or an A instead of an E. Even when I spell it for them. It gets pretty annoying when you spell it for them and they still get it wrong.
My name is Todd, it doesn't get much easier than that, but literally everybody asks "one or two d's?". I have gotten to the point where whenever someone asks my name for paperwork I always say "Todd, with two d's". I have never actually seen Todd spelled with one d except in The Fox and the Hound, where it was based off "Toddler" (which is spelled with 2 d's!) not the normal entemology of the name.

The Mangler
2005-Dec-07, 06:06 AM
My name is Todd, it doesn't get much easier than that, but literally everybody asks "one or two d's?". I have gotten to the point where whenever someone asks my name for paperwork I always say "Todd, with two d's". I have never actually seen Todd spelled with one d except in The Fox and the Hound, where it was based off "Toddler" (which is spelled with 2 d's!) not the normal entemology of the name.
I really can't say I've ever seen it spelled "Tod". It just doesn't look right... I can't believe you have to tell people how to spell a fairly common name like Todd. (Although I've seen people spell me name wrong too. Joshua. Sometimes people spell it Joshau. I don't really understand that...)

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Dec-07, 06:38 AM
My only real pet peeve is intolerance. I bothers me immensely when someone is intolerant of a group of people, and makes sweeping generalizations about that group of people.

paulie jay
2005-Dec-07, 07:12 AM
Here's my gripe for the day. Why doesn't anyone know what a trapezoid is?

My girlfriend has an architectural design company called Trapezoid Interior Design (you know, not thinking in squares.. haha). Almost every person who has been given a business card or calls on the phone says "Oh...err...Trapeeez...oid". The Roads and Traffic Authority even spelt it Trapegold on a recent receipt of payment.

Didn't these people do geometry????

Enzp
2005-Dec-07, 07:12 AM
Like that Canadians are all polite? I hate that... (purposeful elipsis)

"Class" really is a good book, I also recommend it. I loaned mine to my sister and never got it back. She got no class. Er wait, I got no class now, dang.

Dragonstar, how do people know your grades to make assumptions about your intelligence? I haven't discussed any grades I ever got with anyone.

It bugs me to no end when I hear people pronounce "Iraq" as "EYE-RACK." it just sounds so darn ignorant to me. I even hear it on local newscasts. I will forgive the poor young soldier who is about to go there, but when the news reporters say it, I pick up the phone and call the stations. Here in AY-merica, we ought to know better.

SOmething that grates on me, but I never take anyone to task over, is the shifting syllables. I hold local newscasters responsible for the spread of STEW-DENT instead of STEWD-nt. But it is creeping into other words. I heard about a trip to JOR-DAN rather than JORD-n. And the didn't/couldn't/etc turning into DIH-DINT and COU-DINT drives me nuts. The D is moving to the next syllable.

The local NPR - I guess it is becoming PRI - station has an announcer who overpronounces everything. So "SUnday night at eight," comes out like "SUnday night tat tate." Bugs me.

ANd one that I find unfortunate is the misuse of "literally." People use it to mean very or a lot, instead of meaning, well, literally.

"He was literally burned to a crisp." The speaker meant the sunburn was really bad. I suspect he did not mean the fellow was actually charred and burnt into a black pile of ash."

Enzp
2005-Dec-07, 07:15 AM
ANd it bugs me when my slow shift key finger leaves second letters capitalized.

paulie jay
2005-Dec-07, 07:24 AM
and it bugs me that my shift finger makes me look like i don't know what captials are...

Candy
2005-Dec-07, 07:25 AM
It bothers me when a driver speeds around me just to turn the right. As if the driver can't wait a few seconds. It bothers me when I hear a horn honking after a light turns green. Again, what is a few seconds? I guess you can say, I don't care for rude drivers, or rude people for that matter.

mahesh
2005-Dec-07, 04:06 PM
Hi Candy...
Eternity is the duration between light going green and the honk..i think...

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-07, 04:11 PM
It bothers me when a driver speeds around me just to turn the right. As if the driver can't wait a few seconds. It bothers me when I hear a horn honking after a light turns green. Again, what is a few seconds? I guess you can say, I don't care for rude drivers, or rude people for that matter.

Don't go to Korea. Traffic stuff like that is the norm. The people there are pretty reserved and very polite, except on the roads; then they're bulls that see red everywhere o_O

I know, I lived in Korea for a full 6 years =P In Taegu and in Seoul.

Jason Thompson
2005-Dec-07, 05:08 PM
-Newsreaders and popular media that simplify scientific reports so much they end up being wrong (astronauts in orbit being free from Earth's gravity, for instance).

-Newsreaders who put in self-evident statements, for instance announcing that a famous person has just died suddenly of a heart attack, then going on to say that relatives and friends are shocked and saddened by his death.

-Misplaced apostrophes. I loathe seeing things like 'hundred's of top selling video's available inside'. I loathe it even more when I see it on printed matter such as video sleeves, because that should have been picked up at any number of stages during production.

-People who have the bare-faced cheek to tell me that getting a first-class degree doesn't really mean anything. I did not work my backside off for three years to have some management imbecile who has a lower academic qualification than me dismiss my efforts because he wants to make sure all new employees feel inferior to him.

-Managers who make snide comments about time-keeping if I take a break to which I am entitled. I get one hour for lunch. If my manager comes into the office during that hour and sees me doing something not work related he always makes some comments or gives some look. Git.

Nicolas
2005-Dec-07, 06:57 PM
and it bugs me that my shift finger makes me look like i don't know what captials are...

Me too, but in my cases it's the fingers itself instead of the result in a text. I've got really small pinkies. Not very handy to play instruments (I'm left handed and have little pinkies. Why do I play instruments? :))

HenrikOlsen
2005-Dec-08, 12:48 AM
Hi Candy...
Eternity is the duration between light going green and the honk..i think...
It's close to the shortest measurable interval of time, not eternity:)
It's a constant used to identify which country you're in.
Based on experience I'd say the shortest value occurs in Holland.

Note that countries where the value is negative do not count for this comparison, as they aren't impatient but instead something I wouldn't mention for fear of banishment:)

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Dec-08, 01:26 AM
Like that Canadians are all polite? I hate that... (purposeful elipsis) <snip>

Yes, exactly like that.:D

Except all Canadians are polite. Well, except for one guy in Grand Prairie, Alberta who's a bit of a grump.;)

montebianco
2005-Dec-08, 05:17 AM
Don't go to Korea. Traffic stuff like that is the norm. The people there are pretty reserved and very polite, except on the roads; then they're bulls that see red everywhere o_O

It's a game of inches (or centimeters) through most of Asia...

montebianco
2005-Dec-08, 05:18 AM
Except all Canadians are polite.

Until they put on the uniform of the immigration service...

Big Brother Dunk
2005-Dec-08, 07:10 AM
Until they put on the uniform of the immigration service...
A good example of why one shouldn't use sweeping generalizations.;)

Ilya
2005-Dec-08, 07:20 AM
Exactly

Was that a hippocritical oath?

Enzp
2005-Dec-08, 07:50 AM
So what exactly IS a hippocrite? SOmeone with the attitude of a hippo? SOmeone whose ideas are all wet? Stuck in the mud? Can a hippocrite be a hypocrite at the same time? Or tyme? Or thyme?

hippocritical oath - cursing the large river animal.

I recall the first time I drove in NYC. I discovered they use the horn insteaad of the brake.

Hippocrat - similar to a republican but without the baggage.

(Trunk - baggage y'see...? har har har)

Can someone who takes the hippocritic oath still cure a rhinovirus?

People who endlessly make stupid puns MUST be on someone's peeve list.

Glad I could help.

Maksutov
2005-Dec-08, 08:55 AM
-people who cut in line
-Idealists
-movies that are supposed to be about some major historical event but basically take a few extremely historically unimportant or even fictional characters and focus the entire movie on them while largely ignoring or just glancing over the actual historical event the movie is supposed to be about and the real historically important figures that shaped the event. Generally these movies have as their title the historical event in question, but the actual event itself is of little or no importance to the story and the story would have worked just as well without it. It can probably be safely assumed that any movie with a historical event or place as its title will have little or nothing to do with the actual historical event (Titanic, Pearl Harbor), while movies whose titles are obvious references to a historical event or place but are not actually the name of the event or place are likely to be relatively accurate representations of the events and focus on the important historical figures involved (Tora! Tora! Tora!, Thirteen Days). I can forgive some historical innaccuraces, but when the historical event is almost ignored it gets on my nerves.So what you are saying is you really don't have many pet peeves?

OK.

Maksutov
2005-Dec-08, 08:58 AM
I can understand that. My mother's family is Swiss, and they all pronounce it "Dee-lon". Which I don't mind, in that kind of accent!Well, not to hammer it home, but "Zimmerman" should nail it.

mahesh
2005-Dec-08, 10:55 AM
It's close to the shortest measurable interval of time, not eternity:)
It's a constant used to identify which country you're in.
Based on experience I'd say the shortest value occurs in Holland.

Note that countries where the value is negative do not count for this comparison, as they aren't impatient but instead something I wouldn't mention for fear of banishment:)
Henrik..i was just accentuating the funnier side of roadside manners....
honker: heys guys! i've been waitin' behind you forever..MOVE IT!!
(of course, you are right...)

swansont
2005-Dec-08, 01:26 PM
Peeved yesterday by another one: News articles that describe a visual reference that's central to the story but don't actually give you a picture. And the articles aren't anywhere close to a thousand words long!

weatherc
2005-Dec-09, 03:33 AM
Single-issue posters are a pet peeve of mine. You know the ones. They only know about one thing in the whole world, and they always post about it, whether it fits in the thread they're posting to or not. In fact, they are so repetitive, you know exactly what they are going to post the second you see their name in the thread.

I'm glad that we have the "ignore" option on this board now. It might end this particular peeve for me.

The Mangler
2005-Dec-09, 04:34 AM
I experienced this one tonight...
When you go to a bar and ask what kind of beer they have, and they reply "We have everything, just name one", and you have to name about 10 before you get to one they have.

Candy
2005-Dec-09, 05:51 AM
When co-workers are late to work for no reason what-so-ever. You know they have a cell phone, too, for a courtesy call. Even after you confront them, they still continue this very bad habit.

sarongsong
2005-Dec-09, 06:15 AM
I've learned to recognize when I start doing that, it's really time to move on.

Enzp
2005-Dec-09, 06:22 AM
I'm with you weatherc, we had a local radio call in show, and ther was a guy who called every day to drone on and on about how 'Liiiiiberals" were responsible for every ill that befalls man. Of course it was a politically oriented show. But then they added a sports talk show later in the day, and the same guy would call up and tell us how some event in the sporting world was the fault of "Liiiiberals". My hats off to the sports guys who told him off on the air. "We talk sports here, not politics."

And no I didn't care which side he was on, jerks are jerks regardless of party.

weatherc
2005-Dec-09, 02:00 PM
When co-workers are late to work for no reason what-so-ever. You know they have a cell phone, too, for a courtesy call. Even after you confront them, they still continue this very bad habit.
I'm with you on this one, Candy. What is wrong with people that show up late for work every day? You would think after the first two or three days on the job, you would be able to figure out the best time to leave the house! Of course, it would help if managers were more strict about enforcing the workplace rules, and took some sort of disciplinary action against these people. Oh well.

Enzp: I've heard people like that on the radio as well. They even annoy me when I agree with their (one) point. The same goes for the single-issue posters; I think that some of them have a good point that I agree with, but they only ever have one point.

paulie jay
2005-Dec-10, 12:38 AM
Ordering anything at Subway. Why do I have too give my order to every person who works there?

Candy
2005-Dec-10, 12:47 AM
Ordering anything at Subway. Why do I have too give my order to every person who works there?

Same here!

white bread... american cheese... crab meat... mayo... lettuce... tomatoes... pickles... no drink... no chips...

paulie jay
2005-Dec-10, 12:50 AM
And then the next person asks you if you want it toasted, in spite of the fact that the last two people have asked you the very same question.

Then I get to the register and the person asks me what kind of sub it is so they can charge me correctly. I feel like saying "Oh it's just an empty bread roll."

Candy
2005-Dec-10, 01:01 AM
And then the next person asks you if you want it toasted, in spite of the fact that the last two people have asked you the very same question.

Then I get to the register and the person asks me what kind of sub it is so they can charge me correctly. I feel like saying "Oh it's just an empty bread roll."
And they do this when you are the only one in line, too. :lol:

I never thought about it before, until you posted.

Richard of Chelmsford
2005-Dec-10, 01:25 AM
I don't like Americanisms.

I also don't like my cat because it goes into its cat litter then jumps up on the kitchen work surfaces.

Unfortunately I cannot subect it to catricide because that would upset my wife and son.

I don't like this brainless rhythmic handclapping you get at live music events.

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-10, 01:32 AM
I hate white people.

I also hate polish people.

I ESPECIALLY hate Americans.

(Note: If you took my post seriously, you aren't paying attention)

Candy
2005-Dec-10, 01:35 AM
You just described yourself, Lonewulf. I pay attention. ;)

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-10, 01:37 AM
You just described yourself, Lonewulf. I pay attention. ;)

I'm an equal-opportunity bigot. I hate everyone equally.

Richard of Chelmsford
2005-Dec-10, 01:47 AM
That's why you're a Lonewulf, Lonewulf.

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-10, 01:52 AM
That's why you're a Lonewulf, Lonewulf.

Actually, I'm a Lonewulf because they hated me first.

Enzp
2005-Dec-10, 06:11 AM
I've never eaten at a Subway, perhaps now i won't.

Candy
2005-Dec-10, 06:18 AM
I've never eaten at a Subway, perhaps now i won't.
The food is actually pretty good. This is the closest I come to a fast food restaurant. I guess it's more like a deli.

LurchGS
2005-Dec-10, 06:46 AM
Actually, I'm a Lonewulf because they hated me first.

yeah hate 'em back. It works for me.

personally, I'm a hermit. I interface with my employees because if I didn't, I'd hvae to get a real job and talk to MORE people I can't stand. I interface with my family because I discovered early on that my wife is one of (well, the only one I know of) those people I like being around.

My employees ALWAYS call if they're going to be late. We pay well, so we expect some effort. No effort = no job. In fact, most of my employees actually arrive early. (early means more than 15 minutes before scheduled).

what other company do you know of that allows the employee time off for sick pets?

Enzp
2005-Dec-10, 07:24 AM
Penthouse publications.

LurchGS
2005-Dec-10, 07:27 AM
Penthouse publications.

Ouch! burned

Candy
2005-Dec-10, 07:44 AM
Here's a pet peeve, family expecting you to come home for Christmas. They know I work in Operational Management. They know I have absolutely no seniority (~9 years) - means nothing in the airlines. Plus, they know I wouldn't if I could. It's like they obsess over this holiday thing. :mad:

sarongsong
2005-Dec-10, 08:06 AM
Bring 'The Monster' over for some egg-nog---that should put an end to that.

The Mangler
2005-Dec-11, 12:55 AM
Here's a pet peeve, family expecting you to come home for Christmas. They know I work in Operational Management. They know I have absolutely no seniority (~9 years) - means nothing in the airlines. Plus, they know I wouldn't if I could. It's like they obsess over this holiday thing. :mad:
Personally, I don't like to make a big deal of holidays either. Most of the time I'd rather order a pizza or go to the bar. I don't think my mom likes that much though. lol She thinks I'm a hermit (I guess I am)

Candy
2005-Dec-11, 07:24 AM
She thinks I'm a hermit (I guess I am)
I get eccentric. :rolleyes:

Tonight, I went to the grocery store on the way home. I'm all for technology, but... I had about 30 items, so I thought it best to go through the person check out counter with a "person". Well, tonight, there was no person. The only line(s) open where the self check out with an "overseer". I was their for 45 minutes going back and forth with the "overseer". I was getting a little irritated. Finally, the "overseer" said something I found a little insulting. The "overseer" asked me if my credit card was good. I had to bite my tongue to not explode. :mad:

LurchGS
2005-Dec-11, 07:35 AM
I understand, but from his point of view, it's a perfectly reasonable question. you have no IDEA (or, maybe you do) how many people try to buy with an overdrawn or even cancelled C/C. I'd say that's a good 10% of my tech support staff's job.

Candy
2005-Dec-11, 08:04 AM
I understand, but from his point of view, it's a perfectly reasonable question. you have no IDEA (or, maybe you do) how many people try to buy with an overdrawn or even cancelled C/C. I'd say that's a good 10% of my tech support staff's job.
Not good in my opinion. If I were "her", I would've worded it a little differently. It's okay now, I'm over it. :)

LurchGS
2005-Dec-11, 08:12 AM
definately not good- and a LOT of the issue is because the customer can't remember the address to which the C/C bills are sent. <sigh>

Candy
2005-Dec-11, 08:37 AM
definately not good- and a LOT of the issue is because the customer can't remember the address to which the C/C bills are sent. <sigh>
Don't make me come over there! I'm in a suburb that is not known for "ripping" people off.
The best you get is domestic violence.

Dave Mitsky
2005-Dec-11, 10:59 AM
I really dislike when people hinder or block traffic in a hallway while carrying on a conversation in the middle of said hallway.

Dave Mitsky

Zachary
2005-Dec-11, 12:12 PM
Turned up nose academicians.

The proletariat :)

mugaliens
2005-Dec-11, 03:56 PM

Or when you say "everything" they feel like they have to ask you about each and ever item anyway!

"Mayo?"

"Everything."

"Pickles?"

"Everything"

"Peppers?"

"Everything. And while you're at it, any chance you might throw some silence in, too?"

"Sure. Mustard?"

Sigh. "Everything."

DukePaul
2005-Dec-11, 04:12 PM
I hate banks who complain about all the terrible problems with identity theft and still on every letter I get from them printed in bold type are the words "IMPORTANT ACCOUNT INFORMATION ENCLOSED"

mugaliens
2005-Dec-11, 08:05 PM
I hate banks who complain about all the terrible problems with identity theft and still on every letter I get from them printed in bold type are the words "IMPORTANT ACCOUNT INFORMATION ENCLOSED"

When I submit a secure e-mail to them, they always send me a copy - to my unsecure e-mail address.

I have to be careful about what I put in there!

LurchGS
2005-Dec-12, 05:37 AM
I really dislike when people hinder or block traffic in a hallway while carrying on a conversation in the middle of said hallway.

Dave Mitsky

or sidewalk

paulie jay
2005-Dec-12, 09:28 AM
Peeve of the day - any letter from a financial institution that begins with the phrase "For your convenience, we have..."

HenrikOlsen
2005-Dec-12, 09:44 AM
Peeve of the day - people who say they are both atheist and agnostic.

"Knowing that god doesn't exist" and "not knowing if god exists" are mutually exclusive.

Nicolas
2005-Dec-12, 10:59 AM
I don't like this brainless rhythmic handclapping you get at live music events.

Hello Richard, good to hear you again!

We've talked about that clapping thing before. I like it when appropriate. When the artist wants his public to "come alive" during the crescendo before the finale (mostly not in clasical music though), with music like Faithless and things like that... And once during Afro Celt Sound System I've seen more complex hand- and footwork by the audience than I ever imagined the average person to be capable of. That audience part (wooden floor!!) was a 100% necessity during the concert; it just wouldn't be complete without it.

Pet peeve of mine: ordering bread.

"I would like a white bread" *I take out my money*.
large or small?
round or square?
small square or double square?
sliced or whole?
with or without seeds?

By this time I take out 1€ extra in case inflation already caught up on me during this time interval and I can finally pay for my white bread :).

Other nice thing:

"I would like a multi-grain bread".
we don't have those sir. But we do have multiple-grain bread
*she waits to see whether I will agree or not*

I really have to bite my lip or else I would say something like
"No I'm sorry, I really can't stand that kind, in fact I'm allergic to it. It's multi-grain bread or no bread for me!"

paulie jay
2005-Dec-13, 12:00 AM
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/froehlich/d050.gif
Oh mercy...

"What is the soup of the day"
"Soup d'Jour".
..."Are the d'Jours fresh?"

TheBlackCat
2005-Dec-13, 01:41 AM
People who form large groups as they walk that span an entire hallway and thus prevent anyone from passing the group, then proceed to walk very slowly as they talk to each other.

I never had much trouble at subway:
"What do you want"
"Crab meat on wheat"
"What do you want on it?"
"Nothing"
"Nothing?"
"Correct"
"Do you want it toasted?"
"No, thanks"
and they then proceed to close the sandwhich so everyone else knows it is done.

Of course it got easier once they learn your order by heart.
"Crab meat on wheat, untoasted, with nothing on it?"
"Yep, thanks"
I only had to go through that twice a day, once for the first person in the line and once for the cashier. Of course they always looked at me funny if I ever order anything different.

TheBlackCat
2005-Dec-13, 01:46 AM
Other nice thing:

*she waits to see whether I will agree or not*

I really have to bite my lip or else I would say something like
"No I'm sorry, I really can't stand that kind, in fact I'm allergic to it. It's multi-grain bread or no bread for me!"

We were at a department picnic, which happened to be catered. I noticed the first time I walked through that, although I had a hamburger bun, the lady serving the food asked "do you want a hamburger or a hot dog?"

So the next time I went through I got another hamburger bun. Once again she asked "do you want a hamburger or hot dog?"
I, of course, replied "hot dog, please"
She got a really confused look on her face and just sort of stood there staring at my plate. I told her I was just kidding and then got a hamburger.

The Backroad Astronomer
2015-Feb-01, 06:06 PM
People who listen to made up stuff about you that is completely wrong and try to tell you they know you better then you know yourself.
People who just don't respond to a simple message with a clear answer.

Trebuchet
2015-Feb-01, 09:47 PM
Thread Necromancy, especially when there's a perfectly good "stuff that bugs you" thread.

The Backroad Astronomer
2015-Feb-01, 10:26 PM
sorry treb, just searched for pet peeves.