PDA

View Full Version : Tea is best than coffee

suntrack2
2005-Dec-11, 11:01 AM
Tea especially black tea can stop sun stroke experience.
the black tea along with some drops of lemon is useful and healthy and charming.

coffee generates heat in the body, and also stops the sleep experience. coffee in night may prolong your sleeplessness.

what you experience of both "Tea and coffee". few people drinks early in the morning only milk with sugar, only milk, milk with cholate powder,

in short any such item is for the charm and feals one very fine.

let me tell your experience, that what item in your cup early in the morning or before going in the bed? and in the noon.

sunil

mickal555
2005-Dec-11, 11:07 AM
Milo is best...

suntrack2
2005-Dec-11, 11:15 AM
yaa milo is the best, mickal, and all the day it keeps an individual more charming ?

i am poor in castling of chess game, mickal, but anyway i can play chess. :)

sunil

Egarim
2005-Dec-11, 11:33 AM
I ca'nt stand either.

DukePaul
2005-Dec-11, 03:57 PM
Black tea is for cowardly, high society, poetry spouting wussies. Now hot green tea is a man's drink.

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Dec-11, 05:20 PM
Tsk, tsk. Coffee and tea (green or black) both have their charms, and their proper places. I'm partial to Earl Grey tea and dark roast Colombian coffee (black, one suger).

Titana
2005-Dec-11, 06:27 PM
I would have to say that green tea is best. Green tea has many beneficial effects. There is hard evidence for the health benefits long associated with drinking green tea. Some studys indicate that drinking green tea reduced the risk of esophageal cancer in Chinese men and woman by nearly 60 %. There is also research indicating that drinking green tea lowers total cholesterol levels and also that a compound that is found in green tea inhibits the growth of cancer cells.

Titana.

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Dec-11, 06:56 PM
Sure, but I think Earl Grey tastes better. ;)

Titana
2005-Dec-11, 07:17 PM
Sure, but I think Earl Grey tastes better. ;)

I have really never tasted it. But it is very popular and well knowned, because i have heard it mentioned many times (I might just try some).

There is even a perfume named after that tea.

Titana.

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Dec-11, 07:20 PM
Have you ever had Orange Pekoe? Earl Grey is just that with bergamot added.

Titana
2005-Dec-11, 07:29 PM
No, i think i have not. I usually only drink green or plain black tea. But i will definitely have to try them. ;)

Titana.

Candy
2005-Dec-11, 07:32 PM
Lipton :whistle:

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Dec-11, 07:36 PM
No, i think i have not. I usually only drink green or plain black tea. But i will definitely have to try them. ;)

Titana.

Oh, do. They're far less bitter than black tea, no sugar needed.

Gillianren
2005-Dec-11, 11:08 PM
Erm . . . hot chocolate, actually. Or spiced cider. (You coffee and tea drinkers are lucky--restaurants give you lot free refills!)

Wolverine
2005-Dec-11, 11:13 PM
I'm particularly fond of Chai (black or green).

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Dec-11, 11:20 PM
Gillianren: I prefer cocoa to hot chocolate. But spiced cider (if you mean apple cider -- too young to drink) is very good.

Wolverine: Good choice. I prefer the black, though.

Wolverine
2005-Dec-11, 11:24 PM
Wolverine: Good choice. I prefer the black, though.

Agreed. That and Earl Grey account for the vast majority of my intake.

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Dec-11, 11:25 PM
Me too. But I've recently been shifting to coffee. Exams, y'see...

Wolverine
2005-Dec-11, 11:30 PM
Exams are espresso material.

Monique
2005-Dec-11, 11:31 PM
All must agree, coffee is not drink fit for humans. ;)

HenrikOlsen
2005-Dec-12, 12:59 AM
I'd rather say that coffee is a celebration of how ingenious humans are when trying to make use of a natural resource.
Pick and eat... no good.
Pick, let dry, eat ... no good.
Pick, let dry, throw away everything but seed, eat ... no good.
Pick, let dry, keep seed, boil, eat ... no good.
Pick, let dry, keep seed, roast, eat ... hmm, some potential here.
Pick, let dry, keep seed, roast, boil, eat ... no good.
Pick, let dry, keep seed, roast, grind, boil, eat ... no good.
Pick, let dry, keep seed, roast, grind, boil, keep water, drink ... good.

Van Rijn
2005-Dec-12, 04:08 AM
I prefer a good black tea, but I like good quality coffee. I can't stand the bitter stuff (which is most of the coffee you see today). I used to drink more coffee, but I noticed it was getting much more bitter. It turns out that most inexpensive brands use more robusta beans today (cheaper than Arabica) but it is much more bitter than Arabica.

ASEI
2005-Dec-12, 04:17 AM
coffee generates heat in the body, and also stops the sleep experience. coffee in night may prolong your sleeplessness. That's the whole point! Simulated conciousness! When it's 3AM and you just have to finish debugging your numerical simulation code, coffee is more necessary than oxygen! (Except to your computer. Computers appreciate air more than coffee).

To coffee - America's other fuel!

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Dec-12, 06:28 AM
It turns out that most inexpensive brands use more robusta beans today (cheaper than Arabica) but it is much more bitter than Arabica.

Yep. But then there are also different grades of tea.

Philip A
2005-Dec-12, 07:57 AM
Coffee: aged Java, strong roasted. Black without sugar.
Tea: Lapsang Souchong, smells of woodsmoke. Really nice (without milk), but don't let it stew for too long!

HenrikOlsen
2005-Dec-12, 09:35 AM
Current pot brewing is an Ethiopian Mocha, fairly dark roasted, I'll drink it black with no sugar. I tend to buy single origin coffees, different origins each time, so I often have a choice between multiples because I buy more than one bag at a time.

Van Rijn
2005-Dec-12, 11:30 AM
Yep. But then there are also different grades of tea.

No doubt. I know more about coffee than tea, and only specialty shops here have much variety in loose tea. I use tea bags for hot tea, which some here probably view with the disdain I hold for instant coffee. Still, I did manage to find a couple of good brands for tea bags (not Liptons), but I generally don't know the details of the mix.

Lianachan
2005-Dec-12, 11:45 AM
Tea is for flouncing fops. Coffee is for the rest of us.

:D

Jakenorrish
2005-Dec-12, 11:57 AM
Tea is for flouncing fops. Coffee is for the rest of us.:D

Yorkshire tea, strong, white, no sugar is not a drink for flouncing fops!! Coffee is nice, I prefer tea.

I hope we can all agree on one thing though, and that is instant coffee was invented by the devil himself and is an apalling substitute for the proper ground stuff!

HenrikOlsen
2005-Dec-12, 12:49 PM
In the other hand, it can be a lifesaver when the withdrawal headache starts throbbing and it's all you have.

farmerjumperdon
2005-Dec-12, 03:00 PM
Coffee in the AM (strong, sweet, and with cream), hot chocolate after playing in the snow, tea with lemon for relaxing. All good to me.

I do like hot cider, but man is that stuff dangerous. Something about being that sugary makes it dangerous if it happens to be even a little too hot. Still, a few times each winter we'll put a couple broken up cinammon sticks in the coffee-maker and run a quart of cider thru it. Delicious.

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Dec-12, 04:27 PM
No doubt. I know more about coffee than tea, and only specialty shops here have much variety in loose tea. I use tea bags for hot tea, which some here probably view with the disdain I hold for instant coffee. Still, I did manage to find a couple of good brands for tea bags (not Liptons), but I generally don't know the details of the mix.

Ah, well. Teabags aren't nearly as bad as instant coffee. The quality of tea that goes into them isn't the greatest, but they don't do bizarre things to it. I mean, instant coffee dissolves. That's just not right.

Oh, do you have those horrendous coffee bags where you are? Those seem even more wrong to me.

suntrack2
2005-Dec-12, 05:36 PM
thanks u all for the best dealing the comparative study of tea or coffee, that funtastic, still i am :) very loudly, with keeping a cocktel of half coffee+half tea=a different joy spreading on my face, it is looking confindent when i saw in the mirror. many people use only cold coffee, many students use late night tea to prolong their sleep item. :)

keeep it up i mean that cup of coffee+tea= caffettee (not spaghettee)
i have tested in the laboratory by taking first coffee in the glass[-] just 50%
then i droped boiled butter into it, then i droped coffee in the glass the coffee was floating on the tea, :)

when i drink that solution i found
Tcofbter (tea+coffee+butter) gives me a smooth experience for my throat with a warm touch of coftee, also gives me a "creamy talk". :) :)

sunil. ( well wolverine is a fan of chai that's funtastic wolverine . :)

sts60
2005-Dec-12, 06:39 PM
suntrack2:Tea especially black tea can stop sun stroke experience.

Whoa, hold on there, pardner...

Sunstroke, aka heat exhaustion, heat cramps, or in its worst form heatstroke, aren't "stopped" by tea, whether it be black, green, or infrared. If the tea has caffeine in it, it will make the sunstroke worse through its diuretic properties.

Plain old water, getting in shade and cool air, and loosening clothing is what "stops" sunstroke. Severe cases require emergency medical attention.

coffee generates heat in the body, and also stops the sleep experience. coffee in night may prolong your sleeplessness.

So will caffeinated tea.

monique:]All must agree, coffee is not drink fit for humans.

Count me out! Good coffee (not the diswasher runoff that comes from office coffeemakers and most restaurants) is one of the charms of life. Especially for a little quiet time with the morning newspaper.

Lianchan:Tea is for flouncing fops.

I remember reading in The Longest Day where a veteran Scot soldier, after capturing a number of Nazi troops at Normandy, stopped to brew himself a cup of tea. Somehow I have a hard time imagining the guy as a "flouncing fop". :D

I feel like I'm in a cats-vs-dogs thread... I like both (cats and dogs, tea and coffee).

gwiz
2005-Dec-12, 07:05 PM
Yorkshire tea...
Ah, from the hill plantations above Micklethwaite, no doubt.

Lianachan
2005-Dec-12, 07:50 PM
Lianchan:Tea is for flouncing fops.

I remember reading in The Longest Day where a veteran Scot soldier, after capturing a number of Nazi troops at Normandy, stopped to brew himself a cup of tea. Somehow I have a hard time imagining the guy as a "flouncing fop". :D

It was probably all he could get his hands on. War is hell, remember.

:)

Jakenorrish
2005-Dec-13, 11:12 AM
Ah, from the hill plantations above Micklethwaite, no doubt.

Ha ha! Got me there, though I think that I should explain, Yorkshire tea is the brand name, not the place that it grows. As you rightly point out, the wonderful county of Yorkshire has many things going for it, but the required climate for tea growing isn't one of them! Indeed, its a strong blend, and has lovely flavour.

It'd be fun if the law required brand names to accurately reflect where a product was grown/ produced....

I'm off to eat a Mars bar now!

HenrikOlsen
2005-Dec-13, 01:05 PM
There is some legislation related to that http://www.american.edu/projects/mandala/TED/feta.htm

suntrack2
2005-Dec-13, 05:25 PM
sts60, thanks for the reply, the people who applied with the black tea before going in the sun-rays, they were strokeless.(i am really talking this).

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-13, 05:56 PM
sts60, thanks for the reply, the people who applied with the black tea before going in the sun-rays, they were strokeless.(i am really talking this).

Sounds anecdotal to me.

Titana
2005-Dec-13, 06:20 PM
Ha ha! Got me there, though I think that I should explain, Yorkshire tea is the brand name, not the place that it grows. As you rightly point out, the wonderful county of Yorkshire has many things going for it, but the required climate for tea growing isn't one of them! Indeed, its a strong blend, and has lovely flavour.

It'd be fun if the law required brand names to accurately reflect where a product was grown/ produced....

I'm off to eat a Mars bar now!

http://www.britishdelights.com/taylors.htm

Titana.:)

Candy
2005-Dec-13, 08:05 PM

I feel like I'm in a cats-vs-dogs thread... I like both (cats and dogs, tea and coffee).
:lol:

I watched an episode of M.A.S.H. with the medical treatment to British soldiers (Korean War). Apparently, tea time was aiding in their illness/death due to their particular "medical state" at the time. I'm not sure if this was actually taken from real events, but it was an interesting show. I'm sorry, I can't remember all the details.

sarongsong
2005-Dec-13, 09:55 PM
October 6, 2005 (http://www.slashfood.com/2005/10/06/english-tea/)
"...now there is an authentic home-grown English tea from a plantation in Cornwall...Leaves are hand-picked, dried and rolled on site...Prices start at 18 for 100 grams..."

ASEI
2005-Dec-14, 01:11 AM
£18 for 100 grams..."
Is that all?

Good coffee (not the diswasher runoff that comes from office coffeemakers and most restaurants)

Now now, in areas of the world where tea is common, and doesn't have a large luxury appeal applied to it, I'm sure you can find tea that tastes like dirty dishwater as well.

Jakenorrish
2005-Dec-14, 10:52 AM
Titana that's very kind of you!

Just finished a cup of tea now. Delicious!

gwiz
2005-Dec-14, 11:03 AM
October 6, 2005 (http://www.slashfood.com/2005/10/06/english-tea/)
"...now there is an authentic home-grown English tea from a plantation in Cornwall...Leaves are hand-picked, dried and rolled on site...Prices start at 18 for 100 grams..."
From Tregothnan, Lord Falmouth's estate in the south of Cornwall, one of the very few places in the county to get a break in the clouds for the 1999 total eclipse. Having the Astronomer Royal as a guest obviously did the trick.

Jakenorrish
2005-Dec-14, 12:22 PM
From Tregothnan, Lord Falmouth's estate in the south of Cornwall, one of the very few places in the county to get a break in the clouds for the 1999 total eclipse. Having the Astronomer Royal as a guest obviously did the trick.

Yes, being as though I was in Hayle, Cornwall I can confirm there was no break in the clouds there, though it did get very dark! The tea was delicious though.....!

gwiz
2005-Dec-14, 12:38 PM
Yes, being as though I was in Hayle, Cornwall I can confirm there was no break in the clouds there, though it did get very dark! The tea was delicious though.....!
No luck where I was, either. The Roseland Observatory at Tregony is only 5 miles from Tregothnan, but by the time the cloud break reached us, totality was over. It certainly got dark, you could see the moon's shadow on the clouds climbing up the sky, then during totality the cows were lying down and a bat was flying about.

gethen
2005-Dec-14, 03:03 PM
Have you ever had Orange Pekoe? Earl Grey is just that with bergamot added.
I love Earl Grey. I really like my iced tea made with part Earl Grey. That peppery bergamot flavor makes it taste so refreshing.
I like coffe too though, especially in the am. Especially strong coffee.

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Dec-14, 05:00 PM
Me too. I refuse to drink coffee if it isn't black.

mickal555
2005-Dec-15, 04:09 AM
Iced tea!!!

The Supreme Canuck
2005-Dec-15, 04:11 AM
Ah, iced cappuccino.

wayneee
2005-Dec-15, 04:25 AM
Oh I quite agree, and whats worse is all these Tea totalers get into cars and clog the roads while Im trying to get to DunkinDoughnuts HONK HONK Get oughta the way yo namby pansies

enginelessjohn
2005-Dec-15, 09:47 AM
Tea is for flouncing fops. Coffee is for the rest of us.

Oooh a stong statement from someone who clearly enjoys iced double mocha frapaccinos...... :)

You see I have generations of coal miners in my family, who would spin in their respective graves if tea wasn't given it's just respect.

How to make miner's tea.

Boiling water
1 tea bag
Thermos Flask
1 Bag

1) Put the tea bag into the flask and fill 2/3 full with the boiling water.
2) Place the flask in the bag and carry it around for 4 hours.
3) Drink

Now a cup of that will put hair on your chest.... :)

Cheers
John

Candy
2005-Dec-15, 10:07 PM
Now a cup of that will put hair on your chest.... :)

Cheers
John
My deceased maternal grandma always used to say that. I think to keep us kids from drinking coffee "caffeine", and it worked. She also introduced me to crunching saltine crackers into my milk. http://www.bautforum.com/images/icons/icon5.gif