PDA

View Full Version : I'm on the Radio on Saturday, and you can listen in.

Richard of Chelmsford
2005-Dec-13, 12:25 AM
In fact, not only can you listen in, you can phone in and argue with me if you like..

The programe is 'Unbelievable' and it's on Premier Christian radio in London. Yes, sorry, I did say Christian and I do know that religion is banned on badastronomy.

Hopefully the BA will not mind this very minor infringement.

What the programme is about is that they get two people on to argue with each other, a Christian and an atheist. The discussion is chaired by frontman Justin Brierly, and the audience are invited to phone in the add their comments.

The phone number is (from outside the UK) +44 08450 21 21 21.

It might be +44 8450 21 21 21.

The web address is http://www.premier.org.uk and you can plug the sound in.

And will I be the Christian or the atheist?

Well, I think you'll have to listen to find out!

Hope my old car gets me there!

Richard of Chelmsford
2005-Dec-13, 12:27 AM
Forgot to give you the time! 12.00 Greenwich Mean Time till 14.00.

Candy
2005-Dec-13, 12:44 AM
It seems to me that "religion" and "science" are related. Science wins hands down, but with their discoveries, it slowly links us back to our past "religion". Religion is just a word for morality. Science is all powerful.

I appreciate your boldness. I appreciate you, Richard.

beskeptical
2005-Dec-13, 01:08 AM
This is great, ROC. I shall try hard to get my son off the computer long enough to listen in. And, glad to hear you're feeling up to the task.

mike alexander
2005-Dec-13, 01:36 AM
Lessee...12 GMT...subtract eight, carry the two... divide and conquer... OK 4AM. I can manage that.

sarongsong
2005-Dec-13, 02:46 AM
We'll be listening just to hear how you weave the BAUT into the program!
And will someone puh-leeze explain "apeture"...

paulie jay
2005-Dec-13, 04:25 AM
Have fun Richard!

HenrikOlsen
2005-Dec-13, 11:58 AM
And will someone puh-leeze explain "apeture"...
Aperture is the diameter of the end of a telescope pointing to the star, it controls how much light comes in, ie. how dim an object can be and still be seen.
For dim objects power won't do any good, aperture will.

Argos
2005-Dec-13, 02:59 PM
It´ll be 10:00 hours here. I´ll try to tune in. Good luck!

ZaphodBeeblebrox
2005-Dec-13, 03:41 PM
It´ll be 10:00 hours here. I´ll try to tune in. Good luck!
7:00, Here ...

YAY!!!!

:dance:

sarongsong
2005-Dec-13, 06:36 PM
Aperture is the diameter of the end of a telescope pointing to the star, it controls how much light comes in, ie. how dim an object can be and still be seen.
For dim objects power won't do any good, aperture will.Thanks, Henrik---you have confirmed my suspicion; reminds me of that old TV ad:
A little boy at the door asks a little girl's mom if her daughter can come out to play. Mom replies that her daughter is sick and can't come out. The boy looks concerned and asks "does she hurt and have a 'tempature (http://www.inthe70s.com/generated/commercials.shtml)'?"

mike alexander
2005-Dec-14, 12:31 AM
And if you're referring to my signature, I just noticed I misspelled it. The word is 'aperture', not 'apeture'. And definitely not 'aperature'.

sarongsong
2005-Dec-14, 04:45 AM
Yeah, that sig has haunted me since first I saw it and finally just had to confirm it wasn't one of those trick 'inside' astronomical terms, as Charlie in Dayton's AstroCosmetology (http://bautforum.com/showthread.php?p=453914&highlight=cosmetology#post453914).

Richard of Chelmsford
2005-Dec-15, 10:01 PM
Totally amazed that some of you Yank folks will be getting up at such an hour just to listen to little old me! Special thanks to candy for 'appreciating' me and for the good wishes re my health. On that score I've just had radio ablation therapy in a private hospital in London to zap out a cancerous lesion from my liver. 60% success. Now I'm in for another dose of chemotherapy, after which they'll zap out the other 40%.

I'll be nervous on Saturday but I'll try to bring the Baut into the chat.

Candy
2005-Dec-15, 10:36 PM
Richard, I'm just amazed at you. I've only known a few folks with Cancer. The few that I've known are still with us after much chemo. I'm the lucky one to have you people still around.

The lady at work, whom I dearly admire, was MIA for almost a year. When she came back, I threw a surprise party for her. She started crying and hugged me. I was stunned. She didn't think anyone cared. I cared, because she made me smile prior to the Cancer. I didn't think twice about taking the time to recognize what a great feat in life she just overcame.

I got her tipsy at the party. She was still semi-hairless and bloated (from chemo), but in great spirits. She made a really funny joke, but I can't tell it here.

I can only think you are the same way, especially, when I see the lust for life in your posts. :clap:

dvb
2005-Dec-15, 11:39 PM
Would anyone be up for recording this show? It doesn't look like they offer mp3 downloads of previous shows, and I don't think I'll be around when it airs.

Richard of Chelmsford
2005-Dec-19, 09:10 AM
I did my best, but I couldn't put in a plug for badastronomy. I felt a bit nervous and my (American) opponent was well used to speaking to an audience.

Did anyone hear the show?

Candy, thanks for your support. I've recently had an operation to reduce problems on my liver but I'm in for a load more chemotherapy in the New Year. I'm not looking forward to it.

mickal555
2005-Dec-19, 12:37 PM
nuts :(

I missed it... did anyone get a recording?

Candy
2005-Dec-19, 05:10 PM
I missed it, too, because I work too much. :(

Richard, ask the station for a recording. Better yet, ask if they can put a glipse of it on here. Tell them, it's free publicity. :razz:

via BA or Fraser

Richard of Chelmsford
2005-Dec-22, 06:21 PM
I missed it, too, because I work too much. :(

Richard, ask the station for a recording. Better yet, ask if they can put a glipse of it on here. Tell them, it's free publicity. :razz:

via BA or Fraser

The station are going to send me a recording and I'll send one on to you, plus anyone else who wants one. Merry Christmas!

mike alexander
2006-Jan-06, 12:38 AM
I'd very much like to hear it, Rich. I couldn't make the computer work (not surprising).

Swap you for a hat.