PDA

View Full Version : How many pets do you have?

Titana
2005-Dec-13, 02:15 AM
How many pets do you have and what strange thing have you seen them do?

I have two siamese cats, one French poddle, a bunch of hens and roosters and four fish.

My two cats are named Spoiled brat and Travieso (which means mischievous in spanish). My Poodle is named Fur ball and as for my fish, hens and roosters i have not given them a name. I really love all kinds of animals but my favorite are definitely cats. The strangest thing i ever seen my dog do is that sometimes i feel like if he winks at me. ;) Many times when i am just sitting at the table and i turn and stare at my dog he will stare back at me and close one eye just as if he was winking at me (thats what it looks like anyway).

As for my cats they are really strange sometimes. They usually like playing late at night. I dont know what gets into them, but they just go totally wild at night. Many times when i am in bed i will here them jumping around the house like if they were crazy or something. Also when i get up late at night for a glass of water they sometimes scare the jeezers out of me because one of them will come up from behind me and jump up on my leg.

As for my hens and roosters, i have a rooster that loves to fight with me, but i have noticed he will only want to attack me in the morning. He will actually try to fight with me just as if he was to fight with another rooster. I kind of figured out why he probably attacks me only in the morning, i think it is because as soon as i wake up i go and open the back door and i think the rooster gets frightened to see a one eye opened person with hair sticking up everywhere. :shifty:

Titana.

paulie jay
2005-Dec-13, 02:24 AM
I have two cats!

One is about 7 years old. I'm not entirely sure of her age because she just turned up on the back step one day as a young cat and has stayed ever since. She's a red tabby and her name is Puska.

The other one is a grey Persian/ Russian Blue cross by the name of Peachy.

Both of my cats get attacks of the night-time crazies too :)

Moose
2005-Dec-13, 02:43 AM
I have just the one cat, an eleven year old grey striped tabby named Kasumi. I actually just call her "Minou" most of the time, and occasionally "Mmnph'g'way" when she sticks her face up my nose at five in the morning wanting an early breakfast.

I've been thinking of getting her a companion cat, but I'm looking to get us settled in my new apartment before I start making big decisions.

Gillianren
2005-Dec-13, 02:47 AM
On Saturday, I acquired El Diablo, a nine-month-old kitten given his name by my friends to whom he previously belonged. (It's an Eddie Izzard reference; his brother, who has vanished, was named Don Miguel.) He is currently wandering around the apartment in circles, trying to catch his tail, which got wet when he was sitting on the edge of the bathtub while I took my bath. (He tends to take his at the same time, both intentionally and not.)

SolusLupus
2005-Dec-13, 02:51 AM
I have two cats. One is named SETI, the other Cujo. Kitty is as reclusive as I am, but is far more timid. Cujo, though, is more outgoing, cuter, and acts somewhat like a male teenager (including staying out late at night). He also loves to snuggle "fuzzy blankets", as if they were his mother and he were still suckling.

There's also a kitten, and another cat have "adopted us", and yet another cat that tries to leech food from us.

Stregone
2005-Dec-13, 03:20 AM
I have one cat, a 16-17 pound silver tabby thats 15 years old. He's wierd.

TheBlackCat
2005-Dec-13, 03:53 AM
I currently have no pets, they are not allowed in my apartment and my parents do not really want to care for one at their house. My sister has a Beta named Mr. Mishak.

Andromeda321
2005-Dec-13, 04:05 AM
One kitty at home whose name is Mittens, he has grey fur with black stripes and (of course) white paws.
My suitemate also has a bunny who lives in our common room so I guess he counts as well... he is on his third owner and thus his third name ("Patches"), so most of us just call him Bunny instead because we figure he's not gonna realize Patches is his name anyway (that and one suitemate thought Butch was a good name, another Vlad the Impaler ;) ). Except he hasn't visited my room ever since he chewed through my ethernet cable, that wascally wabbit!!!

AGN Fuel
2005-Dec-13, 04:12 AM
2 cats - Jazzie & Garrett. They both resent me living in my house.

I used to have 9 goldfish (they were all called Bob, because I couldn't tell them apart). Eventually they all died except for Bob, who wound up living for almost 10 years, which is pretty good for a Chebunkin.

LurchGS
2005-Dec-13, 04:32 AM
three dogs and a cat, at the moment.

Dog 1: Buddy: American Tundra Sheppard. 110 pounds of sweetness. VERY good search dog
Dog 2: Jay-R. Some form of white sheppard. 140 pounds of jealous sweetness. Pure bred with typical hip problems
Dog 3: Oskon. Dalmation/rotweiller/mastiff/husky and then some mix. 8 monthsl old and 60 pounds already. The answer to the world's energy problems.

Buddy and Oskon play "king of the hole" in the back yard. (they dug the hole - one jumps in and defends it while the other runs round trying to force the first out.. then they swap places) I found the car in there last week.

Calli. Cat. maybe 10 years old. Loves Buddy. Tolerates Jay-R. HATES Oskon. Likes to sleep on my pillow or feet

Used to have a grey tabby named Squirrel (for his habbit of carrying his tail up around his ears instead of straight up) He used to take baths with me. Deliberately. Stupid cat

Also had a black and white long-hair named Sir Edmund Hillary. Wiith that name, you know where he liked to be.

Missy - half bob-cat. Loved to attack the recliner and make it lie back. Then she'd curl up and go to sleep on it.

Katzenjammer - Sir Eddie's sister. No known siamese, but lordy she talked a lot. Liked to jump on yer head while you slept. She lived to be about 19

Gremlin - half german sheppard, half black lab, half bos'un mate (was born at USCG LightStation Five Fingers - a small rock in the middle of nowhere Alaska. He thought he could howl.

Stupid.. Red Leg tarantula. what can you say about that? had to give her up when I moved to Alaska - gave her to the Seattle Zoo.

jrkeller
2005-Dec-13, 08:22 AM
I have a dog (a pom) and a cat (tabby).

Both are pretty good pets. The dog goes nuts around people, other than me that is. The cat is around three years old. Very loving and loves to lay at my feet, whether I'm sitting in a chair, laying on the couch or sleeping.

Enzp
2005-Dec-13, 08:28 AM
I love animals. I live in the country, so over the years I have had some dogs, hogs, rabbits, and I liked the goose. A whole lot of stupid and aggression all wrapped up in one feathered creature, but I dug him. Gander really, I suppose. But I do like cats, and had as many as five. My 20 year friend the big yellow cat passed on a year or so ago, I miss him. But we have one cat now, about a year and a half old. He is a great pal to my wife and I.

He likes to plop down on the floor like a door mat right in your way, and he is often out in the kitchen rustling around in the shopping bags and knocking things over. So we named him Matt Russell. He and I like to wrestle, and I have the scratches to prove it. He will jump out and attack me from behind the juke box a lot when I pass by.

But Matt's most endearing habit is exploring the bathroom. We took the top off the toilet flush box for some maintenance, and he discovered that if he climbs up there and pushes down on the little float ball, he can make the water run. He will sit there repeatedly pushing the thing over and over, then he changes to the other paw, Next we turn around and face the other way and do it some more. He will spend long whiles at his science.

We have so much fun watching his earnest efforts that we left the cover off just for him. Of course, when I am in the shower, it isn't quite so funny when the shower gets real hot every few seconds. It is however pretty funny when he does it to my wife. She says the same about me.

Pleiades
2005-Dec-13, 08:42 AM
2 dogs and a cat
dog 1: cocker/terrier mix just as sweet as anything, 8 years old, used to solid black but now he's getting grey hair, just like me
dog 2: toy poodle - absolutely wants to be alpha of the house
cat: black stray, very feral when I got her, she's calmed down somewhat over the years, 7 years old and the dogs pretty much avoid her at all costs. Every now and then the poodle gets an attitude with her and she smacks him around then she runs to me for backup.

Hugh Jass
2005-Dec-13, 08:44 AM
Had a welsh terrier Rusty I hated (which I think was mutual) that my wife had for several years before we got married. Bit my daughter when she was ~a year old, then bit my wife a few days later when she tried to grab him as he growled at her. Can’t say I was sad to hold him down as he was given “the shot”. As far as weird things… um well he’d get um well you know overly amorous with anything small and fuzzy, alive or other wise.

Clapton is an over weight ~75 lb mutt that loves a tennis ball more than cheese. He used to be Rusty’s love slave, but now he really doesn’t do anything “weird”. He's just an awsome mellow dog.

Kitty Kitty is our cat because that is all we would ever call her if she had a real name. She is a fairly typical cat jumping up and running into the other room and back for no reason. Hiding behind furniture ready to pounce on the dog, only to walk out of the room nonchalantly, then return at full speed only to cuddle up to the dog?

Penny Lynn the 6 lb “Yorkie-poo” we inherited. What do I say, 6 lb “dog?” I didn’t want… um… she yelps REALLY loud when the cat pounces on her.

Oh yeah Kitty Kitty and Clapton are often found cuddled up together. Kitty doesn’t mind, but Clapton always looks really guilty and embarrassed when I walk in the room and find them like that.

I'm not sure we can count the revolving door that is our fishtank. As my three year old pointed out to my brother "mommy flushed our cosomus (thats pleacostomes sp? in 3 yrold speak) down the toilet."

Laguna
2005-Dec-13, 11:33 AM
We have a dog (crossbreed), a cat (european shorthair, the standard cat), an australian parrot and 250 liters of water full of fish.

Aika (the dog) is a female crossbreed we got from the animal shelter two years ago. She is a rather even-tempered dog, that only gets angry when Luna, our cat, comes into reach of her food.

Luna is the fulfilled dream of my wife. She always wanted a black cat.
Now she has to deal with it. Luna loves to rip down the wallpaper in every room and to terrorize poor timid Aika. She only leaves the house at midnight and returnes very early in the morning, causing me to get up every night.
As every other cat Luna treates us as her "can-opener".

The parrot is named Gaston, he is seven years old and green.

Coming to those fish. We don't name them, as it is hard to tell them apart.
I can't even say how much fish we have, as they are hard to count (moving targets).

DukePaul
2005-Dec-13, 11:48 AM
Circe is my black/tan German Shepherd who was born on the 4th of July and named after the Greek goddess who turned men into swine. One of her favorite things is to demostrate the Doppler effect, running from one end of the house to the other while squeaking one of her numerous toys as fast as she can. She is the most vocal dog I have had in that she comments about everything, moans, groans, squeaks and sounds more like an grumpy old person. She is also the perfect footwarmer for my computer room and has gotten to know the endgame music and sounds for most of my games so when she hears it she jumps up ready to go. You can see her at Dogster.com and type in Circe.

Argos
2005-Dec-13, 01:50 PM
Three dogs and a cat. Monna (a dane), Max and Amber (lhasa apso) and Theo, the kitty. Monna is also a very vocal dog. Sometimes I think she´s about to speak! They´re great.

ToSeek
2005-Dec-13, 04:24 PM
We have three cats. We used to have four, but one died on Labor Day (first Monday in September, for you furriners out there). Once upon a time we had 11 gerbils, not realizing that one of the two females we started with was actually a male until the second litter.

TheBlackCat
2005-Dec-13, 04:46 PM
Three dogs and a cat. Monna (a dane), Max and Amber (lhasa apso) and Theo, the kitty. Monna is also a very vocal dog. Sometimes I think she´s about to speak! They´re great.
Lhasa apsos! We had Lhasa apsos when I was growing up. Great dogs, especially for kids. I still can't comprehend, looking back, the stuff those dogs let me and my sister do to them. The last one was 15 when she escaped from our yard and drowned (I was 13 at the time). We had 4 of them, all from the same litter, although we only had 3 at most at a given time.

Argos
2005-Dec-13, 05:24 PM
Lhasa apsos! We had Lhasa apsos when I was growing up. Great dogs, especially for kids. I still can't comprehend, looking back, the stuff those dogs let me and my sister do to them.

Lol!

The last one was 15 when she escaped from our yard and drowned (I was 13 at the time).

Sorry for her drowning. Yes, they can live very long. It´s not uncommon they getting to 18.

A picture of Max and Amber, with Theo on the background:

Titana
2005-Dec-13, 05:48 PM
Lol!

Sorry for her drowning. Yes, they can live very long. It´s not uncommon they getting to 18.

A picture of Max and Amber, with Theo on the background:

:) !Very cute dogs!

Titana.

SeanF
2005-Dec-13, 06:34 PM
We have three cats. We used to have four, but one died on Labor Day (first Monday in September, for you furriners out there). Once upon a time we had 11 gerbils, not realizing that one of the two females we started with was actually a male until the second litter.
Oh, you must've thought she was pregnant before you got her. My first reaction was, "It took a second litter for you to realize?!" :D

We've got four cats - a girl named Olive and three brothers name Frankie, Sammy, and Dino. Dino's very friendly, Frankie not so much, and Olive and Sammy hide when company comes over. :)

Titana
2005-Dec-13, 06:47 PM
Frankie not so much, and Olive and Sammy hide when company comes over.

One of my cats (Spoiled Brat), also hides when company comes over. As soon the cat see´s company coming through the door he will run to the bedroom and wont come out until the company is gone. But the other cat (Travieso), is sometimes to freindly he will usually be rubbing himself on the companys feet and wont move until they are gone.

Titana.

ToSeek
2005-Dec-13, 07:31 PM
Oh, you must've thought she was pregnant before you got her. My first reaction was, "It took a second litter for you to realize?!" :D

Yes, the first litter came just a week or two after we got them home.

Candy
2005-Dec-13, 07:31 PM
I have a dog (a pom) and a cat (tabby).

Both are pretty good pets. The dog goes nuts around people, other than me that is. The cat is around three years old. Very loving and loves to lay at my feet, whether I'm sitting in a chair, laying on the couch or sleeping.
I have a tabby, too. Well, she is an inbred from the streets of Indianapolis. She has a very long torso and short legs. She weighs around 5 lbs (fully grown). This is my favorite photo of her - she loves the BA. ;)

N C More
2005-Dec-13, 07:45 PM
Hmm...I can't help but think that maybe this should read, How many pets have you! I'm the human of two Collies; Ruby, a red, white and cream female (age 4), and Rascal, a black, white and gold male (age 2). I'm very well trained, walk and brush them daily. I even divide their food into and morning and evening meals for optimal nutrition. Yep, I'm a complete "sucker"! I love the little twerps! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/liebe/n040.gif

Titana
2005-Dec-14, 12:26 AM
Its good to know people that love animals. And i dont think there is nothing wrong with spoiling them. I have all my pets spoiled rotten. I have even prepared roast beef for them many times. Although it is only a treat that i give them every once in a while....:p

Titana.

Titana
2005-Dec-14, 12:28 AM
I have a tabby, too. Well, she is an inbred from the streets of Indianapolis. She has a very long torso and short legs. She weighs around 5 lbs (fully grown). This is my favorite photo of her - she loves the BA. ;)

I liked the picture it was cute....

Titana.

Hugh Jass
2005-Dec-14, 01:08 AM
But the other cat (Travieso), is sometimes to freindly he will usually be rubbing himself on the companys feet and wont move until they are gone.
Titana.

Kitty Kitty loves company. The less they like cats the more she likes them. :doh: Guaranteed we have someone over a little alergic to cats she will be on their lap 0.5 seconds after their tush hits the couch. I think that is why she adopted us. She was the most pathetic looking stray and we had two dogs, she just moved into our garage, so we figured we'd keep her.:razz:

William_Thompson
2005-Dec-14, 01:13 AM
I had a talking cat once.

No joke.

Meow was just like : " 'ello ?"

Candy
2005-Dec-14, 01:17 AM
Kitty Kitty loves company. The less they like cats the more she likes them. :doh: Guaranteed we have someone over a little alergic to cats she will be on their lap 0.5 seconds after their tush hits the couch. I think that is why she adopted us. She was the most pathetic looking stray and we had two dogs, she just moved into our garage, so we figured we'd keep her.:razz:
Fifi broke into my home to get help (from the streets). She broke the screen to get food and sleep. I had another cat at the time, Inky, but he's since passed. Well, I think he has - I've seen him on the commercials for the Humane Society (where I took him). They saved him from what illed him, apparently, depression. I did not know animals get depressed.

Candy
2005-Dec-14, 01:30 AM
How weird - never mind.

Wolverine
2005-Dec-14, 01:39 AM
I have one kitty remaining -- her brother died last year. She's nearly 18 years old, mostly blind, and significantly hearing-impaired, but she's still a little sweetie. How she's made it this long escapes me. She's been bitten by venomous spiders, stung by at least one scorpion, and when I lived briefly in Los Angeles she had decided it was a good idea to hop off my balcony. Which, wouldn't have been so bad had I not lived on the fourth floor. Tough kitty.

Oh, and WOOF!

Swift
2005-Dec-14, 04:17 AM
My wife and I are owned by one pet, a cat named Samantha. She is a black and white "domestic shorthaired" that looks a lot like President Clinton's cat Socks. She is 13, both years and pounds. She is a chubby, but she also is a big cat, short legs, but a very long torso.

Is there such a thing as un-weird cat? Samantha is probably the most social cat I've had, she follows us around like a puppy. Even though she is an indoor cat, she is a good mouser. She has a minimium energy method, she just waits them out till they do something foolish. Her best delivery ever was a live one, first thing in morning, into our bed. Your wife screaming at the top of her lungs "THERE'S A MOUSE IN THE BED" is better than a cup of coffee. ;)

Enzp
2005-Dec-14, 05:01 AM
As long as kitty's legs go all the way to the floor, they are not too short.

(Ah, the old jokes aer the best ones.)

Titana
2005-Dec-14, 05:04 AM
How she's made it this long escapes me. She's been bitten by venomous spiders, stung by at least one scorpion, and when I lived briefly in Los Angeles she had decided it was a good idea to hop off my balcony.

I think that cat just proved that they do have nine lives...:)

Titana..

Titana
2005-Dec-14, 05:09 AM
I think that anybody who likes cats will like to take a look at this link. I thought it was kind a cute.

http://www.zefrank.com/annie/navigation.html

Titana.

Wolverine
2005-Dec-14, 06:49 AM

In this one's storied history, more like 17 (and counting). :D

Enzp
2005-Dec-14, 12:09 PM
Kits, cats, sacks, wives, how many cats had how many lives?

Van Rijn
2005-Dec-15, 12:56 AM
I have one kitty remaining -- her brother died last year. She's nearly 18 years old, mostly blind, and significantly hearing-impaired, but she's still a little sweetie. How she's made it this long escapes me. She's been bitten by venomous spiders, stung by at least one scorpion, and when I lived briefly in Los Angeles she had decided it was a good idea to hop off my balcony. Which, wouldn't have been so bad had I not lived on the fourth floor. Tough kitty.

Oh, and WOOF!

A few years ago one of my cats must have been bounced by a car (they are inside/outside cats - often inside, but not 100% of the time). He could barely move his back legs. I took him to the vet who said nothing was broken, but there was considerable bruising. The vet thought he would slowly get better, but said that if this had been a dog, it would have died.

For a couple of weeks, he would move just enough to use a paper (easier than a box) and had a limp for several months, but he completely recovered. So far, that is the only time I've had a cat struck by a car.

During his recovery, somebody (presumably his littermate) managed to knock a bottle of shellac off a shelf above and near his resting place. The bottle sprung a leak and the contents spread over the floor. He ended up with his tail stuck to his back leg and body, both covered in shellac - which had dried nicely by the time I noticed. Now, not only were his legs not working well but one of them was stuck as well.

Naturally, he wanted to clean it off and I didn't think it was too smart for him to ingest much of the stuff. I ended up cutting off as much fur as possible, then dipped his tail and leg into shellac/paint cleaner to get off the rest, much as you would a paintbrush. This worked nicely, but this stuff was poisonous, so I had to give him a bath with plenty of water afterwards. He hadn't minded the cleaner much, but the water . . .

He did seem to learn to be extra careful after that.

tmosher
2005-Dec-15, 01:38 AM
Eight

Four dogs
Four cats

Four dogs and one cat are my brother's
The other three cats are mine.

Of course, guess who's watching the crowd - me. My brother's out of town working a contract in another state.

Ever have four dogs staring at you while you're trying to eat your dinner?

Tom

wayneee
2005-Dec-15, 05:08 AM
My wife breeds Persians, so we got 8 cats
Two ****zu and a a Sharpei
48 fish, whoops 47
and the ****zu just had puppies 5

TheBlackCat
2005-Dec-15, 05:28 AM
Lol, I guess the curse-filter needs a bit of tweaking.

wayneee
2005-Dec-15, 05:35 AM
Im spelling it wrong anyways, its Shih-TZU sorry about that:doh:

LurchGS
2005-Dec-15, 05:38 AM
I should bring a friend in here... no cats... no dogs...
last I heard *she* had some 60 snakes. Big ones. A year or so ago, she paid $8000 for a 12-inch something-or-other.

They have a huge shed - 75 ft by 75 - out back where they grow rats and mice. (these don't qualify as pets - they're food). NOt only do they feed HER snakes, they're the primary provider of snake food for the local zoo and pet shops. It's.... entertaining to visit them.

Hugh Jass
2005-Dec-15, 06:40 AM

I can't believe I'd forgotten kitty kitty's episode of peril. We used to keep our garage door open through the day quite a bit. Kitty loved to sleep up on top while it was open. We did not know this. :whistle: One day of course the door got closed and one of the most gawd awful blood curdling screams came from up above.:eek: My wife was able to reverse the door before she was completely squished through but she was in bad shape. We were sure she had internal injuries that would kill her, and broken bones galore. The emergency room vet said he thought there was tendon damage in both back legs and hips but that was all he could guess or tell, and she'd probably never walk right again. less than two years later you'd never know anything happened.:dance:

Swift
2005-Dec-15, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by TheBlackCat
Im spelling it wrong anyways, its Shih-TZU sorry about that:doh:
:lol: :lol:
Almost had a bad keyboard/coffee interaction there. I was wondering what the heck wayneee was trying to say. The original breeders of that dog must have know about curse-filters for BBs.

ToSeek
2005-Dec-15, 03:11 PM
In this one's storied history, more like 17 (and counting). :D

We had a cat whom we figured was into double-digits on lives:

1. We rescued him.
2. He was hit by a car a few months later.
3. Developed some illness that resembled leukemia but proved to be more benign.
4. Developed a heart condition.
Got sick, and when my wife took him to the vet, she was rear-ended, and the cat vanished. We got a call three weeks later from someone who had found him, so he survived:
5. The car accident
6. Whatever ailment he had when we had the accident.
7. Three weeks on his own.
8. Three weeks with no medication.
9. A couple of years later he suffered what was diagnosed as a saddle thrombus (a blood clot right where the arteries split to go down the legs). The emergency vet said he'd never seen a cat survive one, but he did.
10. A year or so after that, he had another saddle thrombus and survived that one as well. (The cardiologist said, no, they're not always fatal, just 95% of the time.)

And I'm sure I've forgotten a couple.

R.A.F.
2005-Dec-15, 03:22 PM
Pictured are 2 (out of our 6) cats (most live outside). Their names are Meowzer and Crybaby. Can anyone tell me if they have ever seen a cat who would lay on furniture as Crybaby is doing in the 2nd image?

edited to add...wow that first pic is really out of focus...I'll look for an "in focus" one (they are cute kitties)...but it will have to be later, as I'll be out for a while...:)

weatherc
2005-Dec-15, 04:01 PM
Pictured are 2 (out of our 6) cats (most live outside). Their names are Meowzer and Crybaby. Can anyone tell me if they have ever seen a cat who would lay on furniture as Crybaby is doing in the 2nd image?
My wife and I are staff to three cats.

Our youngest cat, Escher (the one farthest to the right), sleeps a lot like R.A.F.'s cat pictured above. He will sleep in what look like the most uncomfortable positions, almost as if he's just collapsed suddenly. He must be comfortable, though, because no one's forcing him to lay that way. He also "talks" all the time, especially when he's bored. He's the comic relief of the bunch.

Daphne is our oldest cat (middle), and the second one that we adopted (we got her as an adult; we're not sure how old she is). We think she's bipolar, with a bit of OCD thrown in for good measure; she's either the happiest cat ever, or cranky as all get-out. She's also the clumsiest cat I've ever seen.

Bella (left) was the first cat that we adopted, and she's the "princess." She's dainty, whiny, and coddled. Her only asset is that she's pretty. She is essentially my wife's cat; she obeys her commands, but completely ignores what I say to her.

Swift
2005-Dec-15, 04:04 PM
Can anyone tell me if they have ever seen a cat who would lay on furniture as Crybaby is doing in the 2nd image?

:lol: Looks like Gary Larson's cartoon for the Boneless Chicken Ranch.
Samantha doesn't do that, but she does love to squeeze into places you wouldn't think a 13 pound cat would fit into. She also like to lie on her back with her feet in the air. She has a white belly with a big black spot on it that you just want to use as a target (the target usually just gets kisses).

The weirdest cat I ever had was a Siamese named Doris. She was just not right in the head. She was a complete klutz; she would run into walls, she would be asleep on top of things (the TV, the counter, the sofa), roll over in her sleep and fall onto the floor; she would try to jump up on to things, like the kitchen counters, and would miss and crash.

She ate the weirdest things including peas and Ajax (cleanser). We had a little tiny cactus (maybe about 2 cm in diameter) in a pot with a bunch of cactus, that she routinely steal out of the pot and carry around in her mouth; we'd take it from her, replant it, and she would steal it again in a few days.

Moose
2005-Dec-15, 04:10 PM

Oh heck yeah. Kasumi (the tabby I mentionned in my first post in this thread) stretches out just like that when she's hanging out with me on the old computer chair I keep next to mine, especially when the house is a bit warm for her.

Titana
2005-Dec-15, 04:46 PM
We had a cat whom we figured was into double-digits on lives:

1. We rescued him.
2. He was hit by a car a few months later.
3. Developed some illness that resembled leukemia but proved to be more benign.
4. Developed a heart condition.
Got sick, and when my wife took him to the vet, she was rear-ended, and the cat vanished. We got a call three weeks later from someone who had found him, so he survived:
5. The car accident
6. Whatever ailment he had when we had the accident.
7. Three weeks on his own.
8. Three weeks with no medication.
9. A couple of years later he suffered what was diagnosed as a saddle thrombus (a blood clot right where the arteries split to go down the legs). The emergency vet said he'd never seen a cat survive one, but he did.
10. A year or so after that, he had another saddle thrombus and survived that one as well. (The cardiologist said, no, they're not always fatal, just 95% of the time.)

And I'm sure I've forgotten a couple.

Have you ever thought of adding the cat to the Guinness Book of World Records......:)

Titana.

Titana
2005-Dec-15, 04:52 PM

edited to add...wow that first pic is really out of focus...I'll look for an "in focus" one (they are cute kitties)...but it will have to be later, as I'll be out for a while...:)

How cute! especially the second pic...:)

Titana.

A.DIM
2005-Dec-15, 04:54 PM
4 kids, 4 cats and a wife! :p

wayneee
2005-Dec-15, 04:55 PM
My wife and I are staff to three cats.

Our youngest cat, Escher (the one farthest to the right), sleeps a lot like R.A.F.'s cat pictured above. He will sleep in what look like the most uncomfortable positions, almost as if he's just collapsed suddenly. He must be comfortable, though, because no one's forcing him to lay that way. He also "talks" all the time, especially when he's bored. He's the comic relief of the bunch.

Daphne is our oldest cat (middle), and the second one that we adopted (we got her as an adult; we're not sure how old she is). We think she's bipolar, with a bit of OCD thrown in for good measure; she's either the happiest cat ever, or cranky as all get-out. She's also the clumsiest cat I've ever seen.

Bella (left) was the first cat that we adopted, and she's the "princess." She's dainty, whiny, and coddled. Her only asset is that she's pretty. She is essentially my wife's cat; she obeys her commands, but completely ignores what I say to her.

I have so many, heres an Album of the latest of our personel Zoo
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/myAlbums.do?includeReceivedAlbums=true&albumId=10601.2914.1134665453295.3

MrClean
2005-Dec-15, 06:46 PM
2 dogs, beagles and 5 cats.

One of the cats is very vocal, he talks in his sleep. My youngest cat is a siamese though we don't know how pure he is, he looks pretty much seal point, but he barely makes any sound compared to the more normal yowl of a siamese. One beagle is howling all the the other occasionally. Not uncommon to find the dogs curled up together and seeing a cat stretched out asleep on top of the 'Dogpile' They all play in the garden together, hiding in between the rows and springing to attack.

Candy
2005-Dec-15, 09:41 PM
4 kids, 4 cats and a wife! :p
That beats 1 kid, 1 cat, and 7 wives, or does it? :think:

waynee's link (http://pictures.aol.com/ap/myAlbums.do?includeReceivedAlbums=true&albumId=10601.2914.1134665453295.3) - needs AOL password. :(

LurchGS
2005-Dec-15, 11:53 PM
That beats 1 kid, 1 cat, and 7 wives, or does it? :think:

waynee's link (http://pictures.aol.com/ap/myAlbums.do?includeReceivedAlbums=true&albumId=10601.2914.1134665453295.3) - needs AOL password. :(

Depends on the kid, I think

Titana
2005-Dec-16, 02:20 AM
I have so many, heres an Album of the latest of our personel Zoo
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/myAlbums.do?includeReceivedAlbums=true&albumId=10601.2914.1134665453295.3

I could not see the page either. Needs a password.

Titana.

peter eldergill
2005-Dec-16, 03:42 AM
I have the two cutest cats in the history of the universe....Smoke and Othello

Here's the only photo I could find

Pete

Candy
2005-Dec-16, 03:56 AM
I have the two cutest casts in the history of the universe....Smoke and Othello

Pete
Ahhhh, baby "Inky's". The superstitious will love you. :lol:

Enzp
2005-Dec-16, 07:13 AM
Yep, RAF, my cat has a pillow on the back of the couch, and he will fall asleep in a heap hanging over like that, and every now and then he slides off onto my shoulder and looks confused. He will fall asleep in my lap, and now and then he will fall on the floor.

Moose
2005-Dec-16, 12:38 PM
I have the two cutest cats in the history of the universe....Smoke and Othello

Heh. I like the looks on their faces: "lousy paparazzi". :D

I had a shot (I might still have it somewhere) of me holding Kasumi up while my digital camera was set on autoshot. Judging from the look on her face, I definitely could never repeat here what she was clearly thinking without getting myself banninated.

Hmm. I'll have to see if I can track that shot down.

mahesh
2005-Dec-16, 01:24 PM
Hi gang
Recently acquired Rooney one year old tabby...he's lovely. The family who gave him us doesn't want us to rename him. So he's Rooney (after a footbaaaaller, Yikes!). We get away with macarooney, mickeyrooney etc though. Had Lucy for twelve thirteen yrs, passed away - old age.
She was a beautiful being..not a bulldog at all..

SG-1 Fan
2005-Dec-16, 02:08 PM
Currently our only pet is a metamorphosed axolotl. We had a Border Collie that got out and decided to tour the city on her own. She never made it back home though...

farmerjumperdon
2005-Dec-16, 02:50 PM
6 fish (3 Marbled Angels, 3 Cory Cats), 4 mice (all female thank God), a bunny (some special breed with the most unbelievably soft coat), 1 dog (black Cocker mutt that was dumped near the farm), and the ruler of the roost, Elsa the Hunter-Killer Farm Cat. She is the most ferocious 8 pounds of beast I've ever come across. They have finally given up on coaxing her nicely at the vets. When we show up they just get out the towels, leather gloves, chain mail gloves, call in a couple assistants, etc.

Titana
2005-Dec-18, 12:38 AM
!Talking about animals take a look at this!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051217/ap_on_fe_st/animal_infestation;_ylt=AgOqjfS9CB7clV6ofGHBa8TtiB IF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

I just dont understand what the woman was doing with dead dogs in her freezer..:confused:

Titana.

Wolverine
2005-Dec-18, 01:44 AM
!Talking about animals take a look at this!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051217/ap_on_fe_st/animal_infestation;_ylt=AgOqjfS9CB7clV6ofGHBa8TtiB IF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

I just dont understand what the woman was doing with dead dogs in her freezer..:confused:

That's just scary.

LurchGS
2005-Dec-18, 02:24 AM
That's just scary.

Dinner!

jkmccrann
2005-Dec-18, 11:57 AM
Currently, not that many.

2 Dogs, 2 Cats and about 20 generations of fish. But, over the past 5 or so years we've gone through way too many pets, waaaay too many.

We've gone through, 2 Budgerigars, 2 Quails, 4 Guinea Pigs, 3 Rabbits, 1 Black Cat, 1 Chicken and possibly another couple of Dogs, although we were only taking care of them for about 18 months.

The main problem with many of these animals seems to be their own internal competition for our attention! Certainly the Cats, don't seem to enjoy the competition and tend to eliminate it, or maybe we just don't feed them enough so that when they get hungry there's nowhere else to go but the ready meals they see chirping in front of them.

Oh, but I think the rabbits ran away to found a `New World Order' or somesuch.

Moose
2005-Dec-18, 04:09 PM
:shhh: Don't wake her. Heh. Kasumi must be having quite the dream, she just meowed while fast asleep. :) What a cutie.

LurchGS
2005-Dec-18, 04:25 PM
oh lordy - I just discovered about 50 pets I didn't know about..

what DOES one feed dustbunnies, anyway?

Titana
2005-Dec-18, 04:52 PM
Dinner!

:eh: :sick:

Titana.

Candy
2005-Dec-18, 05:03 PM
what DOES one feed dustbunnies, anyway?
They must smell (or taste) good, my cat often has dustbunny all over her face.

Moose, my cat snores. Before I knew this about her, I woke up and thought another person was in my house. I tiptoed around to find the noise. That darn cat.

She gets hair clumps in the weirdest locations, too. I have to pretend play to get them cut out, otherwise, she bites at the scissors.

jkmccrann, I feed my cat twice a day. I call her the recycling machine. She still has to stare at me when I eat, though. I could be eating spinach, and she just stares. I've gotten into the habit of letting her smell my food, so she knows if its worth her time to stick around for the little amount I will leave her.

Gemini
2005-Dec-18, 06:49 PM
1 dog, Nikki( sehe looks like a midget lab) and 33 million dust mites

Candy
2005-Dec-19, 08:33 AM
I think Fifi is in her dying days, but I don't know.

I've never had a pet that lasted this long, without God's interference.

I beside myself.

R.A.F.
2005-Dec-19, 05:56 PM
As promised, better pictures...the first is Meowzer, who got a "tad" to close to a candle...singeing off her eyebrow whiskers. :(
(They used to be as long as her muzzle whiskers!)

...and Crybaby is sleeping, as usual.

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-19, 05:58 PM
I have 6 fish, I did have a dog but I moved into these apartments and had to get rid of her.:( I mis her a lot....

Candy
2005-Dec-19, 06:15 PM
As promised, better pictures...the first is Meowzer, who got a "tad" to close to a candle...singeing off her eyebrow whiskers. :(
(They used to be as long as her muzzle whiskers!)

...and Crybaby is sleeping, as usual.
Beautiful, babies! Inky used to sniff my candles. I wonder why cats do that. You'd think they'd feel the heat. :think:

Candy
2005-Dec-19, 06:16 PM
I have 6 fish ...
Cat Food! :lol:

LurchGS
2005-Dec-19, 06:18 PM
cats are by nature - stupid. Just because they're cute, warm, fuzzy and purr a lot doesn't change that basic fact.

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-19, 06:22 PM
Cat Food! :lol:

That is quite funny because I have fish that could eat a cat...:D

Candy
2005-Dec-19, 06:25 PM
cats are by nature - stupid. Just because they're cute, warm, fuzzy and purr a lot doesn't change that basic fact.
I was trying to find the IQ of a cat, but google just wants me to see cute kitty sites. Oh, there are so many.

Candy
2005-Dec-19, 06:33 PM
http://home.att.net/~candy.stair/TheScream.jpg

weatherc
2005-Dec-19, 06:35 PM
I wish my cats were stupid. As it is, I believe they may be plotting against my wife and I, just waiting for the right moment to take us down... we never should have gotten the third one, because now there are more cats than people in the house, and they know it. All they need to do is use one of them as a distraction, and then the other two will finish the job...

But then they'd have to figure out the doorknob to leave the house. Nevermind, I don't think they'll try anything.

Yet.

Candy
2005-Dec-19, 06:42 PM
My cat knows how to work a room. She immediately greets me at the door, when I come home. She fakes a fall and her belly goes up. I can't resist "the rub and cute people talk". She walks me to the kitchen, so I can feed her. She has her own bowls. I just realized I wash her dishes more than mine. The litter box then gets cleaned. Geez, she is so much work. I wouldn't change a thing, though. :)

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-19, 07:01 PM
My cat knows how to work a room. She immediately greets me at the door, when I come home. She fakes a fall and her belly goes up. I can't resist "the rub and cute people talk". She walks me to the kitchen, so I can feed her. She has her own bowls. I just realized I wash her dishes more than mine. The litter box then gets cleaned. Geez, she is so much work. I wouldn't change a thing, though. :)

Which one's the pet?

Can I be your Cat?:shifty:

Titana
2005-Dec-19, 07:05 PM

Now one of these would probably eat a cat. There not called cat fish for nothing.......:D

Titana.

Candy
2005-Dec-19, 07:12 PM
OMG! That fish is huge, Titana! :lol:

Dragon Star? Purrrrrrrr! :razz:

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-19, 07:19 PM
OMG! That fish is huge, Titana! :lol:

Dragon Star? Purrrrrrrr! :razz:

[Austin Powers] yeah baby![/Austin Powers]

Titana, you catch that with a crane?

Titana
2005-Dec-19, 11:24 PM
[Austin Powers] yeah baby![/Austin Powers]

Titana, you catch that with a crane?

I wish it would have been me who catched it. But i only got the picture from this page:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8404622/

Its the biggest catfish ever found. Weighs a total of 646 pounds.

Titana.

LurchGS
2005-Dec-19, 11:31 PM
zounds! that photo is so outrageous it looks photoshopped! I've not seen fish that big since I last went halibut fishing.

double-zounds!

Candy
2005-Dec-20, 03:42 AM
I had a shot (I might still have it somewhere) of me holding Kasumi up while my digital camera was set on autoshot. Judging from the look on her face, I definitely could never repeat here what she was clearly thinking without getting myself banninated.

Hmm. I'll have to see if I can track that shot down.
I had this photo of your baby on my hard drive. :)

Swift
2005-Dec-20, 03:53 AM
It looks like (s)he is sitting on the bed, not on your hard drive. I don't think it is very good for the hard drive to have the cat sit on it, I think the cat fur would mess up the mechanism.

:p

Candy
2005-Dec-20, 04:00 AM
It looks like (s)he is sitting on the bed, not on your hard drive. I don't think it is very good for the hard drive to have the cat sit on it, I think the cat fur would mess up the mechanism.

:p
:doh: :lol:

You know what's weirder? I have some photos of yours, too. :shifty:
I'm not sure how they got there. I think when I click on certain files, they automatically download.

Swift
2005-Dec-20, 04:30 AM
:doh: :lol:

You know what's weirder? I have some photos of yours, too. :shifty:
I'm not sure how they got there. I think when I click on certain files, they automatically download.
Photos of my what?!? Ok, now I'm nervous. :o

Candy
2005-Dec-20, 04:35 AM
Photos of my what?!? Ok, now I'm nervous. :o
These! I've had them for months. Somehow, it created its own folder. It has a Target logo by it, too. :think:

Swift
2005-Dec-20, 04:47 AM
The first one is me (and my wife) from the BABB photo album. I don't know about the others.

Back to the thread topic, maybe I'll clog up your computer with these

Titana
2005-Dec-20, 05:22 AM
The kitty in the first pic sure looked comfortable....:lol:

Titana.

mahesh
2005-Dec-20, 10:43 AM
ed zacary....i agree

RAF - your pets look divine

Titana - the Burmans would have loved your catfish, it's..it's..it's awesome!
golly and fresh water too, eh! must be SOME clean river.
(or is it a case of - me KONG you CATFISH)

Moose
2005-Dec-20, 01:04 PM

Yup, that's Kasumi, though not the "Imminent Feline Mayhem" shot I'd been talking about.

In my defense, I have to point out that the bed looks unmade not because I didn't make it, but because that little furry munchkin likes to burrow under comforters given pretty much any opportunity.

I've got a great shot of her (somewhere) fast asleep with her head and forepaws poking out from under the shedding-blanket I have on my couch. The one she should be shedding on and not under.

Cats.

Swift
2005-Dec-20, 03:10 PM
Cats.
One heck of a nice animal, frequently mistaken for a meatloaf
Meatloaf (http://www.webpak.net/~heartctr/cats/meatloaf.gif)

R.A.F.
2005-Dec-20, 09:05 PM
Here is yet "another" picture...

...this was taken right after I "rescued" Meowzer (on the right) who was asleep under Crybaby. I heard labored breathing and noticed that "CB" was sleeping right on top of "M's" head...so I pulled her out.

Obviously, neither was happy about being disturbed...:)

Ok, no more cat pictures from me...unless they're doing something "cute". :)

Moose
2005-Dec-20, 10:03 PM
R.A.F, here's proof that other cats do the dangly-nap thing too. :) I took that shot a few years ago, but it may as well have been taken right this minute. The cat's there, doing the same dangly-thing.

I wasn't able to find the "die paparazzi" shot, but I did find the shot of Kasumi having been busted under the shed blankets, and another one that proves she actually does move around once in a while (usually from nap spot to nap spot.) Note: same couch, same spot, different blankets. Cats.

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-20, 11:11 PM
You guys sure abuse your animals...:p:D

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Dec-20, 11:20 PM
When i grow up, I really want to get a monkey.. OMG there are so great. oomph oomph...

Candy
2005-Dec-20, 11:22 PM
My other cat, Inky, could hang upside down from a bar stool. He was great. I trained him to do this on command during parties. He was the best kitty when it came to moving around Indiana. I miss the big 12 lbs of love. For a cat with no front claws, he could jump really high. One time, at my grandmother's, he jumped on top of the bathroom door. Little did he know, there was no place to sit. :lol:

My cats never meow, though. It's the oddest thing. I guess I don't talk much when I'm alone. I'm alone a lot. They've never needed for anything, so I suppose they don't ask for attention. Bad habit for Fifi is to follow me from room to room. She's small (~5 lbs), and I've nearly caught her under my foot a few times. I bet she'd scream if I ever stepped on her tail. :shifty:

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-20, 11:23 PM
When i grow up, I really want to get a monkey.. OMG there are so great. oomph oomph...

Just tie a leash around your neck and pretend someone is pulling you around....:D

Laminal Cockroach
2005-Dec-20, 11:33 PM
Just tie a leash around your neck and pretend someone is pulling you around....:D

im never gonna tie my monkey, apart from when i really have to, for example - he tries to breathe.... just kiddin' i would actually try to avoid tying the monkey, i think i am gonna call it hmmm... ahhh.. hmm. i havent actually decided yet.. Any suggestions?

LurchGS
2005-Dec-21, 06:16 AM
Cheeter?
kookoo?
Mr Tortillas?

Breakfast?

Enzp
2005-Dec-21, 07:17 AM
Boy.

LurchGS
2005-Dec-26, 11:26 PM
Boy.

<COUGH!> I was right in the middle of a drink when I read that. I love it!

Enzp
2005-Dec-30, 04:39 AM
Glad I could help.