ahem...

things that I'd like to change about myself, ie resolutions

I'd like to stop drinking
I'd like to lose weight
and a bunch of other ones...

I'd like to be happy

Chuck
2005-Dec-13, 04:14 PM
My only resolution is: I resolve to obey this resolution at all times.

teddyv
2005-Dec-13, 04:16 PM
I really want to get my P.Geo. certification this coming year.

pumpkinpie
2005-Dec-13, 04:49 PM
To be a more patient driver. I drive in some tough traffic during my commute, and it's easy to get riled up. But that can only lead to accidents. I'm not waiting to start this resolution, I already have.

R.A.F.
2005-Dec-13, 05:07 PM
I drive in some tough traffic during my commute, and it's easy to get riled up. But that can only lead to accidents.

When someone cuts me off, or disobeys the rules of the road, I always (well, I "try" to anyway) smile and wave in a honest, friendly manner. (NO, I'm not kidding.)

Not only does it keep my blood pressure down, it really "cheeses off" the other driver. :)

Back to topic...I resolve to do nothing different. I figure it's worked for me so far, so why change something that isn't "broken".

SeanF
2005-Dec-13, 05:50 PM
My only resolution is: I resolve to obey this resolution at all times.
Well, last year I resolved not to make any more resolutions, so this year I can't. :)

Argos
2005-Dec-13, 05:59 PM
When someone cuts me off, or disobeys the rules of the road, I always (well, I "try" to anyway) smile and wave in a honest, friendly manner. (NO, I'm not kidding.)

Not only does it keep my blood pressure down, it really "cheeses off" the other driver.

This has been one of my previous resolutions, and believe me, it pays!

My next year´s resolution is to make a Linux box of this. :)

teri tait
2005-Dec-14, 03:42 PM
To be kind to the unkind, champion to the undertrod, worst nightmare to the wicked.

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-14, 06:52 PM
Get a GF...

...Why do I always pick things that are never possible?:(

EDIT What the crap? Does anyone else see this post coming before Jorge's post?

Ahem, n/m, it was fixed...

Jorge
2005-Dec-14, 10:44 PM
Mine are:

- Lose some weight
- Find a girlfriend (this one will fail, i just know it)

Candy
2005-Dec-14, 10:49 PM
Lose more weight
Quit smoking for good
Find boyfriends :razz:
Travel more

I want to be physically and mentally where I was ten years ago.

Maksutov
2005-Dec-15, 04:44 AM
The same as every year: to still be alive a year later. This seems to be getting more important lately.

:whistle:

Monique
2005-Dec-15, 04:51 AM
I make resolution to get less trouble, mischief. ;)

Maksutov
2005-Dec-15, 05:59 AM
I make resolution to get less trouble, mischief. ;)For some reason I have a hard time picturing a mathematician getting into trouble or doing mischief. Except with imaginary numbers or transcendental equation, perhaps...

Monique
2005-Dec-15, 04:37 PM
For some reason I have a hard time picturing a mathematician getting into trouble or doing mischief. Except with imaginary numbers or transcendental equation, perhaps...
Ahhhhh.... perhaps I surprise you, no? ;)

mickal555
2005-Dec-15, 04:48 PM
I want to spend more time doing school work

The parst two years I've been doing the bare minimum... I can't remember the last time I did homework(due to a very convient arangment of teachers and subjects... they were the ones who never checked)...

I picked the suiside 6 subjects as they call them...

great...

A.DIM
2005-Dec-15, 04:56 PM
Quit smoking (cigs, that is).

Heh heh ... **cough cough**

Grey
2005-Dec-15, 08:02 PM
My only resolution is: I resolve to obey this resolution at all times.I, on the other hand, resolve to break this resolution. But I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do that. ;)

Swift
2005-Dec-15, 09:44 PM
My New Year's resolution will probably be the same as it is every day, 1024 x 768. :eh:

Oh! You mean that other kind of resolution, like promising to change something about my self. That's different. I don't make those; if I decide to change, there is nothing magic about January 1, I do it when I do it.

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-15, 11:29 PM
Mine are:

- Lose some weight
- Find a girlfriend (this one will fail, i just know it)

Wait, I thought you once said that girl in your avy was yours?

Candy
2005-Dec-15, 11:33 PM
Oh, haven't you been reading the Nerd thread or is it that other one? :shifty:

Nicolas has been giving him love lessons. :)

Jorge
2005-Dec-16, 10:15 PM
Wait, I thought you once said that girl in your avy was yours?

No, i said i liked her a lot.
And she was taken by someone else.

I wish she was mine though :whistle:

paulie jay
2005-Dec-17, 02:15 AM
Mine will be the same as it is every year - don't make any promises you can't keep.

Archer17
2005-Dec-17, 07:23 AM
Since I'm perfect, I don't have to make resolutions like y'all. :p

:runs:

Seriously, I've already quit smoking (dang hard to do BTW), have kept myself in shape (still wear size 32 jeans), but figure I need to work on some things. Still have a temper (which ruins me being "right" sometimes) and still am impulsive at times.. so I'll strive to be less so.

I'll also continue to encourage critical thinking whenever I can and smile back if I ever encounter R.A.F. on the highway. ;)

Candy
2005-Dec-17, 07:40 AM
Since I'm perfect, I don't have to make resolutions like y'all. :p

:runs:

Seriously, I've already quit smoking (dang hard to do BTW), have kept myself in shape (still wear size 32 jeans), but figure I need to work on some things. Still have a temper (which ruins me being "right" sometimes) and still am impulsive at times.. so I'll strive to be less so.

I'll also continue to encourage critical thinking whenever I can and smile back if I ever encounter R.A.F. on the highway. ;)
OMG, my buddy Archer17 in Babbling! You are perfect no matter what. :razz:

Archer17
2005-Dec-17, 08:28 AM
OMG, my buddy Archer17 in Babbling! You are perfect no matter what. :razz:Shucks girl .. you can even make an ornery Irishman like me blush sometimes! :)

mahesh
2005-Dec-17, 09:38 PM
me get fitter
me quit smokin'

me believe
when me see it