PDA

View Full Version : Black Hole Award

DukePaul
2005-Dec-17, 05:26 PM
This award is given to the actor/actress whose performance and movie both sucked. It is only given if the said actor/actress promises not to make another sci-fi movie. My first nominee is Sylvester Stallone for Judge Dredd and Demolition Man. Sly stay away from sci-fi. Your nominees please.

Dr Nigel
2005-Dec-17, 05:43 PM
I liked Demolition Man. Admittedly, that was mainly for Sandra Bullock's role, but still.

I think Rutger Hauer for Wedlock, but I've liked other scifi work he's done (duh, including Bladerunner).

Vin Diesel for The Chronicles of Riddick. Bad acting, bad movie.

DukePaul
2005-Dec-17, 05:56 PM
Miss Bullock's loooong legs and perky attitude was much appreciated in Demolition Man. Duly noted.

HenrikOlsen
2005-Dec-19, 08:32 AM
And the society portraid looks more and more like it's actually coming:(

Gullible Jones
2005-Dec-19, 10:47 AM
The guy who played Captain Archer in Enterprise. Bomb in a bomb.

suntrack2
2005-Dec-19, 04:52 PM
:)

when power goes, there is a big black square hole on the screen and spectetors later starts whistling in the cinema theatre.

Certassar
2005-Dec-19, 05:11 PM
I'd like to nominate Dustin Hoffman in Sphere. Awful movie, and though I generally respect the acting skills of mr. Hoffman, he sucked in this movie. He simply does not belong on a space ship.

Doodler
2005-Dec-19, 08:55 PM
George Clooney, Solaris.

Good actor, don't get me wrong, but the man just does not have his feet under him for SciFi.

Gillianren
2005-Dec-19, 10:02 PM
The guy who played Captain Archer in Enterprise. Bomb in a bomb.

That would be the lovely and talented Scott Bakula. (Well, anyway, I really like him, though my best friend can't stand him.)

Gullible Jones
2005-Dec-19, 10:16 PM
In the case of Enterprise, it might be the role. I mean, he is supposed to be even dumber than Kirk, apparently...

gopher65
2005-Dec-20, 12:29 AM
there was also studio interference. I found it hard to believe that anyone could be dumber than B&B, but then I learned that one of the very worst episodes of enterprise, where Captain Archer genocides an entire planet, wasn't written that way, but the executives wanted more antagonism (or some word like that) amoung the crew. So they rewrote the episode:P. I wonder how many other episodes they killed in that fashion (not that B&B needed the help mind you).

Gullible Jones
2005-Dec-20, 01:41 AM
Would that be the one where Archer just lets half the population of a planet die because Phlox doesn't know his way around biology? The one that had every viewer (including me) ticked as hell at B&B?

jrkeller
2005-Dec-20, 02:18 AM
Artis Leon Ivey Jr. aka Coolio for such classics as Dracula 3000 and Pterodactyl. Both Scifi Channel productions.

DukePaul
2005-Dec-20, 11:34 AM
Lets not forget the ladies, Pamela Anderson for Barb Wire and Persis Khambatta for her mind-numbing performances in Star Trek The Movie and Megaforce.

Certassar
2005-Dec-20, 11:45 AM
... and the Black Hole Award goes to...

John Travolta in "Battlefield Earth"!!

suntrack2
2005-Dec-20, 05:05 PM
I like Arnold's acting in movie very much.

Dr Nigel
2005-Dec-20, 06:42 PM
Although it was all very, very silly, I kinda liked Barb Wire. Does that make me a bad person?

Gillianren
2005-Dec-21, 12:15 AM
Although it was all very, very silly, I kinda liked Barb Wire. Does that make me a bad person?

Yes; thanks for asking.

No, but seriously, my boyfriend likes any movie ever mentioned as being really bad when TV shows talk about bad movies. Which means I spend the whole show hearing, "But I liked Waterworld!"

DukePaul
2005-Dec-21, 10:36 AM
Yes; thanks for asking.

No, but seriously, my boyfriend likes any movie ever mentioned as being really bad when TV shows talk about bad movies. Which means I spend the whole show hearing, "But I liked Waterworld!"

And now that you mention it I will nominate Kevin Costner and his pair weak sci-fi movies, WaterWorld and The Postman. Kevin you have the talent but both movies deserve the Black Hole Award. But I will give the mule in The Postman the best mule in a science fiction movie award. Too bad he got ate.

PhantomWolf
2005-Dec-21, 11:46 AM
Costner has talent? When?

jrkeller
2005-Dec-21, 12:41 PM

While Barb Wire was a silly movie, I wouldn't give it or her a Black Hole award. This movie and her acting are top notch compared to just about any movie the Scifi Channel produces.

While Pamela Anderson doesn't do it for me, her acting in the type of roles she appears in, isn't too bad.

Dr Nigel
2005-Dec-21, 07:45 PM
That's not desperately reassuring... :)

jrkeller
2005-Dec-22, 01:08 PM
That's not desperately reassuring... :)

Let's see if I can put it another way.

Pamela Anderson always appears in roles where she basically plays a blonde bombshell and she does that quite well. I think she knows that she will never win an Oscar or Golden Globe so she doen't even try to be an actress in a serious role, but concentrates on what she does best - playing herself.

BTW - I never really cared for her looks. Too much plastic like Barbie.

suntrack2
2005-Dec-22, 05:54 PM
childrens prefer barbie doll very much in the different moods and dresses.

Candy
2005-Dec-22, 06:19 PM
Let's see if I can put it another way.

Pamela Anderson always appears in roles where she basically plays a blonde bombshell and she does that quite well. I think she knows that she will never win an Oscar or Golden Globe so she doen't even try to be an actress in a serious role, but concentrates on what she does best - playing herself.

BTW - I never really cared for her looks. Too much plastic like Barbie.
brainyquote.com (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/p/pamelaande167181.html)

And I'm not an actress. I don't think I am an actress. I think I've created a brand and a business.
Pamela Anderson
That she did. http://www.bautforum.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

DukePaul
2005-Dec-23, 12:28 AM
Does anyone remember the torture that was called "Solarbabies"? Now here is a movie where the actors and makers of the movie need to experience limited genocide. Am I wrong? Nay.

Gillianren
2005-Dec-23, 08:22 PM
My boyfriend (who's currently watching The Fog on Sci-Fi) asked me if the third Ninja Turtles movie was the one with time travel. As if I'd know.

jrkeller
2005-Dec-23, 10:11 PM
My boyfriend (who's currently watching The Fog on Sci-Fi) asked me if the third Ninja Turtles movie was the one with time travel. As if I'd know.

Yes it is.

jrkeller
2005-Dec-23, 10:14 PM
How about this one.

Vanilla Ice appears in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II.

Gillianren
2005-Dec-23, 10:25 PM
Yet another reason for me not to want to see it. Yet somehow, it's my job to know that sort of thing. Sigh.

suntrack2
2005-Dec-27, 04:38 PM
Black hole award of 2005 goes to.... whom ?

Candy
2005-Dec-27, 06:03 PM
The year is not up, yet, Sunil. ;)

Doodler
2005-Dec-27, 06:42 PM
Solarbabies seemed to have spawned out of this incredible B-grade scifi dystopia movie machine that was running full tilt in the 80's. That was one of a whole run of similarly formulaic, utterly forgettable movies from the period.

The only thing notable about Barb Wire, aside from the Borg Queen's overly marketed assets, was the scifi teethcutting of the man we'd later come to know as Jango Fett. This was the second movie I remember seeing him in, other than the utter and complete bomb, known as Speed 2 (the cruise ship's first officer).

One thing I will give Barb Wire over Tank Girl. TBQ is definitely more attractive eye candy than Lori Petty.

DukePaul
2005-Dec-27, 08:05 PM
Black hole award of 2005 goes to.... whom ?

That's really hard to say for me because if there is a good chance that a new movie is bad , I will not waste my money at the theater. But what I have heard from others who have, it sounds like Doom and Sound of Thunder both vie for the top position for the Black Hole Award. I would also toss in Stealth but that is a personal bias because I hate any movie that reminds me of the dreaded "Top Gun"

jrkeller
2005-Dec-27, 11:30 PM
How about The Cave for 2005.

One of my all time favorites is The Robot vs. The Aztec Mummy. It is a retelling of the Frankenstein monster story done Mexican grade B scifi style.

It has every cheezie scifi gag you can think of.

five_distinct
2005-Dec-29, 12:48 AM
I liked Demolition Man. Admittedly, that was mainly for Sandra Bullock's role, but still.

I think Rutger Hauer for Wedlock, but I've liked other scifi work he's done (duh, including Bladerunner).

Vin Diesel for The Chronicles of Riddick. Bad acting, bad movie.

But you have to agree that Pitch Black was awesome.

suntrack2
2005-Dec-29, 05:03 PM
candy, for the year end of 2005 only some 57 hrs are rest, now let me tell that who will be the winner of the award of the topic.

sunil