PDA

View Full Version : I actually spotted a space related blooper on TNG last night!!!!

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2005-Dec-20, 11:34 AM
Me so proud of myself....

it was the episode "Best of Both Worlds", part 2

the scene was where the Borg cube had just destroyed 3 ships from the Mars defence perimeter (and it definitely showed Mars in the background)

anyways the scene switches back to the Enterprise bridge

and then back to the Borg cube passing by a rather large (ringed) gas giant.....bad editing!!!!bad!!!!

novaderrik
2005-Dec-20, 11:52 AM
maybe they had to retreat back to Saturn to get a gravity boost and regroup before heading towards earth...
i'm sure SOMEONE out there has a good justification for it..

Jason Thompson
2005-Dec-20, 01:06 PM
It's worse that that. If you look at the illumination of Saturn when both the Borg cube and the Enterprise fly past it, you'll note that they appear to be heading away from the sunlit side, which puts them in the wrong direction for getting to Earth altogether anyway!

banquo's_bumble_puppy
2005-Dec-20, 01:19 PM
blame it on Berman.....

Moose
2005-Dec-20, 01:24 PM
Nah nah, that wasn't Saturn, that was clearly Planet X. ;)

R.A.F.
2005-Dec-20, 01:34 PM
i'm sure SOMEONE out there has a good justification for it..

(Stealing from Moose's idea :))

In the couple of hundred years that have elapsed between "now" and "then" (Nancy's Planet X, Sitchin's Niburu...whatever) has passed through the Solar System rearranging all the Planets...:) :lol:

Maksutov
2005-Dec-21, 06:49 AM

In the couple of hundred years that have elapsed between "now" and "then" (Nancy's Planet X, Sitchin's Niburu...whatever) has passed through the Solar System rearranging all the Planets...:) :lol:Is this, like, the ultimate makeover? What a great idea for a television show that I wouldn't watch! http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/4879/iconbiggrin1kg.gif

Disinfo Agent
2005-Dec-21, 06:56 PM
You can always rationalise a Star Trek blooper. :rolleyes:

Gullible Jones
2005-Dec-22, 01:41 AM
I've been able to find at least one idiotic mistake in every episode of Trek I've seen.

Maksutov
2005-Dec-22, 07:52 AM

In the couple of hundred years that have elapsed between "now" and "then" (Nancy's Planet X, Sitchin's Niburu...whatever) has passed through the Solar System rearranging all the Planets...:) :lol:If that's the case then the crew should be wearing the appropriate headgear:

http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/2535/tngcrewseason3withtfhs52ka.th.jpg (http://img279.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tngcrewseason3withtfhs52ka.jpg)

Troi is exempt of course, since Betazoids just send the mind control waves back to their origins. Zoidberg would be a different issue entirely.

Swift
2005-Dec-22, 02:59 PM
Wouldn't a metal hat on Data be dangerous? His skull is already metal and if you had two different metals you would get an electrochemical reaction. That would accelerate corrosion and maybe make a battery. The sparks from the battery might electrocute Gordi or Wesley. That might be bad. :think:

:eh:

:shifty:

:D

Nowhere Man
2005-Dec-22, 05:25 PM
Me so proud of myself....

it was the episode "Best of Both Worlds", part 2... :rolleyes: I'm sorry, fiding a space/science blooper in Star Trek is like finding mud in a swamp. You can't move without tripping over them.

Fred

Josh
2005-Dec-22, 09:25 PM
Wouldn't a metal hat on Data be dangerous? His skull is already metal and if you had two different metals you would get an electrochemical reaction. That would accelerate corrosion and maybe make a battery. The sparks from the battery might electrocute Gordi or Wesley. That might be bad.

Oh now you're just being silly! Clearly the most likely problem of a spark would be the dangerous, yet seemingly frequent, opening of a rift in the very fabric of space-time, creating a cuasality loop. sheesh.

darkhunter
2005-Dec-24, 08:59 PM
Oh now you're just being silly! Clearly the most likely problem of a spark would be the dangerous, yet seemingly frequent, opening of a rift in the very fabric of space-time, creating a cuasality loop. sheesh.
That can only be fixed by the most powerful technobabbly they can think of, then it's all forgotten the next time it happens...

NEOWatcher
2005-Dec-27, 06:37 PM
That can only be fixed by the most powerful technobabbly they can think of, then it's all forgotten the next time it happens... Not forgotton, its just taken for granted. After all, in Star Trek, technology is not the issue, it's finding new ways of applying it that baffles the experts. :think:

Moose
2005-Dec-27, 08:42 PM
Meh, you just have to reverse the polarity of some random ship's system, such as Barklay's Mr.Expresso, and then you can take out pretty much anything short of Q.

Krevel
2005-Dec-27, 11:19 PM
I could never understand why they're always beaming back and forth to the Borg cubes, and yet they never think to just beam a great big bomb over instead. BOOM! Problem solved.

Maybe they did, and I missed that one? I got bored with those TNG guys, I confess.

Gullible Jones
2005-Dec-28, 05:23 AM
The folks on Voyager figured out how to do that after a lot of headbanging. Then they stopped doing it. Don't ask.