PDA

View Full Version : Missed opportunity of your life !

brandy
2005-Dec-22, 06:17 PM
I was reading the 'most embarassing moment' thread of a few weeks ago and I thought it brought up some great stories. I was wondering if you would care to share your 'missed opportunity of your life' - just for a laugh.

I'll tell you the first one that comes to my mind:
I was driving across France a few years ago on my own when I spied in my wing-mirror a gorgeous hitch-hiker (she looked Australian, blond, tanned) being let off at a roundabout with her gear. I was going in the other direction and continued but I am still wondering today if I should not have turned back and offered to pick her up. Was that the missed opportunity of my life?

Any comments? Do you have a similar tale to tell ?

If so, let's hear it !

Candy
2005-Dec-22, 06:57 PM
^^^
:think:

(me thinks you should've turned around)

I signed up to be a foreign exchange student. I graduated from high school at the age of 16 turning 17. I wasn't ready for college.

I wanted Europe, but got Colombia, South America. I was so young, that the idea of going to a country known for it's violence toward foreigners scared me.

I'm now wishing I would've gone, so I could have perfected my spanish and cultural experience.

farmerjumperdon
2005-Dec-22, 07:06 PM
I'm not too into regrets, life should be lived looking forward. But being human (hard to believe I know) I do occasionally have those pangs.

I wish I had never started smoking, especially since I was smoke free until the age of 25. 25 years smoke free, and now 25 years trying to quit. The only 2 things I outright preach to kids - Get all the education you can, and don't start smoking.

I wish I had discovered skydiving when I was 20 instead of 40.

Nicolas
2005-Dec-22, 07:13 PM
I always wanted to become a military pilot until my eyes got worse (in Belgium: you get all the fun and none of the shooting people ;)).

I wanted to become a Chinook pilot until my eyes got even worse.

I wanted to become an airliner pilot but I received the information brochure within a week after 9/11.

But I'm becoming an aerospace engineer, which is fun as well :).

One ALMOST missed opportunity: I almost did not buy my biggest pride in my audio collection. The thought still scares me. :)

I once met a nice lady at a birthday party but I never tried to contact her again. Luckily she did :D.

Candy
2005-Dec-22, 08:23 PM
I once met a nice lady at a birthday party but I never tried to contact her again. Luckily she did :D.
You, tiger! :razz:

While attending Purdue, my major was Geology. Peer pressure made me feel as if I needed to change such a "boring" field. I wish I would've stayed with Geology. Now, I'm missing out on Astro-Geology. :doh:

Dragon Star
2005-Dec-22, 08:28 PM
If I could change one thing it would be to take classes that would help me prepare to be in an Astrology related field, but I think it's just a bit too late for that sadly.:(

zebo-the-fat
2005-Dec-22, 08:29 PM
I almost emigrated to Canada about 3 years ago, I had a job offer, put my house up for sale etc. The Canadian company was so laid back that the immigration oficials told them that if they could wait so long they should wait for a Canadian to take the job! :mad:

The idea of -20C in winter sounds sooo nice! :)

Candy
2005-Dec-22, 08:30 PM
If I could change one thing it would be to take classes that would help me prepare to be in an Astrology related field, but I think it's just a bit too late for that sadly.:(
Astrology? :think:

Nicolas
2005-Dec-22, 09:11 PM
You, tiger! :razz:

Tiger, me? Not at all. But SOMEONE must like you :).