PDA

View Full Version : You Don't Need an iPod to Listen to Podcasts!

Fraser
2005-Dec-23, 07:22 PM
SUMMARY: When I mention to people that I record a regular podcast, I often get some kind of response like, "oh, I can't listen to that, I don't have an iPod." Yikes! Podcasts, despite their name, don't require an iPod, or even a portable MP3 player of any kind. If you like to listen to radio shows, you'll love podcasting. I've written up an explainer to help you get up to speed, and listen to a whole Universe of free audio content - especially my own podcast. :-)

Fraser Cain
Publisher
Universe Today

turbo-1
2005-Dec-23, 07:41 PM
The link yeilds a "404" error.

ILikeAstronomy
2006-Jan-01, 06:57 AM
Thank you for taking the time to write all that up. I had heard of prodcasts, but didn't really know what they were. Now I'm signed up for several. :clap:

mickal555
2006-Jan-01, 05:57 PM
I've signed up for yours- Slacker astronomy, and skepticality. I have an portable mp3 player but I prefer to listen to podcasts on the computer .

dcolanduno_old
2006-Feb-05, 08:47 PM
I've signed up for yours- Slacker astronomy, and skepticality. I have an portable mp3 player but I prefer to listen to podcasts on the computer .

It is good to hear that some people still listen to my show after such a long period of me being asleep and useless...

mickal555
2006-Feb-07, 12:26 PM
I still listen and Love it :D!!

Great now that your back on again :D - wasn't the same without you...

Wow, can't belive you replied to one of my posts! :D :D :D
8)

Can you mention me in an upcomming podcast ;) 8)

MrClean
2006-Feb-07, 07:37 PM
The great thing about podcasts is about the odd half hour podcast wraps up, the 25 minute run on the treadmill is over. Yesterday I was listening to Wichita Rutheford on 'The Escape Pod' doing a funny bit called Connie Mostly. Folks were wondering if I was going to pass out from running to fast or fall off from laughing so hard. Makes the time go fast. Nothing wrong with learning a few things either.

Podcasting, it's the way of the future.

Kristophe
2006-Feb-08, 12:17 AM
I just stumbled across Jack Horkheimer's podcasts this week. I used to watch his Star Hustler segments on PBS for years, until my cable company started picking up a different PBS channel. It's frightening to see how little that man ages.

Incidently, just in case no one has stumbled across any, they now have video podcasts.

Oh, and to swing this on topic, I don't have a portable media device.

MrClean
2006-Feb-08, 05:06 PM
I thought Star Hustler was dead, now I find it's just my PBS station?

I was drifting through channels last week and came across Ken Burns 'The Civil War' and just KNEW it, PBS pledge drive. The only time my local channel does anything worth watching.

publiusr
2006-Feb-09, 10:48 PM
I still have 8-tracks and a rotary phone.