PDA

View Full Version : I loved this book

Marlayna
2005-Dec-24, 07:03 PM
I think it should be handed out to every high school student. Heck, it should be required reading.

I thought I knew everything about astronomy, so I was surprised (and embarrassed) to find out I'd gotten meteors all wrong, and the Moon Illusion, too... thanks, BA! When's the sequel coming out? (wink wink nugde nudge!)

The Bad Astronomer
2006-Jan-02, 02:03 AM
Heh. I am working on several projects right now, at least one of which is a book.

And thanks! I think it should be bought by every student on Earth. I could retire then.

Wolverine
2006-Jan-02, 01:12 PM
Heh. I am working on several projects right now, at least one of which is a book.

Yay! I'm sure you'll keep us posted.

The Bad Astronomer
2006-Jan-02, 07:15 PM
Eventually I'll have more news. I have a lot of stuff I'm working on, and as usual most are in the development stage, which means I won't know anything for a long time, then I'll have a three-day deadline to get some proposal slapped together. Sigh.

peter eldergill
2006-Jan-02, 08:22 PM
BTW on Canada's Discovery channel, the show "Daily Planet" quite often does some astronomy stuff. Recently, they have a "street scientist" who goes around and teaches the public some basic physics stuff using simple experiments.

Recently, he did the clockwise/counterclockwise scam on people on the street and they were amazed. He also talked about angular momentum

Check it out here (http://www.exn.ca/dailyplanet/story.asp?id=2004090751)

(click spiralling water)

Pete