PDA

View Full Version : Oscillation, nuetrino possibilities, Kinematic distortion.

2002-Jan-09, 06:18 AM
Table of facts ( F ) and conjecture ( C ) pertaining:

'they' and 'them' = 'Nuetrinos' hereinafter.

1.( F )They oscillate.

2.( F )They move relativly freely through molecular entities.

3.( F )Clear Liquid is commonly used to contain observative experiments so any visual radiation they emit can be seen as
they pass through the liquid.

4. ( C ) Clear Liquid may be used to actually
trap them. ie: not to see them, but house them.

2. ( C )If Dark Matter contains 1 % nuetrinos they must relatively common, some people think the figure is 100 % lots and lots. If this is true then there are lots and lots.

Dar matter not

ToSeek
2002-Jan-09, 01:25 PM
On 2002-01-09 01:18, RPN wrote:

2. ( C )If Dark Matter contains 1 % nuetrinos they must relatively common, some people think the figure is 100 % lots and lots. If this is true then there are lots and lots.

I did a couple of Web searches trying to figure out how many neutrinos pass through the human body. I got figures ranging from tens of thousands to ten trillion. Either way, I think that would qualify as "lots and lots" of neutrinos.

This is why the "whether neutrinos have mass" question is so significant, because even if they have a very tiny mass it could have enormous implications for the fate of the universe. (Latest findings are that neutrinos do have mass, but that it's still so small that it's insignificant.)

jkmccrann
2005-Oct-30, 03:23 PM
I did a couple of Web searches trying to figure out how many neutrinos pass through the human body. I got figures ranging from tens of thousands to ten trillion. Either way, I think that would qualify as "lots and lots" of neutrinos.

This is why the "whether neutrinos have mass" question is so significant, because even if they have a very tiny mass it could have enormous implications for the fate of the universe. (Latest findings are that neutrinos do have mass, but that it's still so small that it's insignificant.)

Well, I can assure you that neutrinos do indeed have mass, even though it is indeed miniscule. It's been established that they are a non-zero particle and they do indeed make up a lot of mass out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino