PDA

View Full Version : Is My Great Fear For Cultural Clash

Monique
2005-Dec-29, 01:41 AM
'Honor' killings shock Pakistan (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/12/28/pakistan.honor.ap/index.html)

Perhaps I get trouble to post thread here, but is aspect of Islam I fear very much. I do not discuss if this part of Islam teaching, I point out is done in culture. I do not want such practice to be part of culture in my country.

He feel he have right to save honor. I am fill with horror.

Candy
2005-Dec-29, 01:51 AM
The page you requested cannot be found. The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:
• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
• Open the www.cnn.com home page and look for links to the information you want.
• Use the navigation bar on the left to find the link you are looking for.
• Click the Back button to try another link.
• Enter a term in the search form below to look for information on CNN sites or the Internet.
:think:

Van Rijn
2005-Dec-29, 02:00 AM
'Honor' killings shock Pakistan (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/12/28/pakistan.honor.ap/index.html)
[snip]

Try this edited link.

Superluminal
2005-Dec-29, 02:20 AM
I remember seeing a story about this once, don't remember what religion it is, but I don't think its Islam. It happens mostly in India.

Candy
2005-Dec-29, 02:23 AM
It reminds me of female circumcises in Africa - must save honor.

Monique
2005-Dec-29, 02:32 AM
I remember seeing a story about this once, don't remember what religion it is, but I don't think its Islam. It happens mostly in India.
Below is quote from article

Activists accuse President Gen. Pervez Musharraf, a self-styled moderate Muslim, of reluctance to reform outdated Islamized laws that make it difficult to secure convictions in rape, acid attacks and other cases of violence against women.

The Bad Astronomer
2005-Dec-29, 03:02 AM
This is a horrifying topic, and worth discussion, but not here. I understand your motivation for wanting to post about it, but this is both a religious and political topic, and therefore against the rules.

Superluminal
2005-Dec-29, 03:02 AM
I have a Quoran, can someone quote chapter and verse where this is supposed to be ok?