PDA

View Full Version : Weird dreams

Gemini
2005-Dec-30, 04:06 PM
Does anyone else here have very strange dreams?

Such as these:
Aliens had come to Earth and CNN was announcing a mandatory blackout of the entire country. We were the only place in the whole US that had our lights on.
I could the ship coming in low and frantically ran in to turn the lights off.

Another, I was dreaming first in B&W and then Technicolor about a 50'sish
TV commercial. I'll think of some of some more when I remember them.

Maksutov
2005-Dec-30, 04:29 PM
I remember that.

You were the one uncooperative Earthling we had to probe.

BTW, we decided that, in the interest of decorum, we'd shut the lights out for you.

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/figuren/n055.gif

Relmuis
2005-Dec-30, 04:47 PM
I once dreamt that I was contacted by human beings from the future.

In the dream, I heard voices in my head who warned me that certain people were plotting to poison Boris Yeltsin (who, at the time of the dream, was president of Russia) and who urged me to do something about it.

There was a strong suggestion that if I wouldn't do something about it, the future would be very bleak -- not merely for mr. Yeltsin, but for all mankind -- and that this was sufficient reason for the people who contacted me to try and change their past, annihilating themselves thereby.

mickal555
2005-Dec-30, 04:55 PM
I had a dream I was talking to the BA about BABB while driving in a car some where in the US once... :eek:

Maksutov
2005-Dec-30, 05:00 PM
I once dreamt that I was contacted by human beings from the future.

In the dream, I heard voices in my head who warned me that certain people were plotting to poison Boris Yeltsin (who, at the time of the dream, was president of Russia) and who urged me to do something about it.

There was a strong suggestion that if I wouldn't do something about it, the future would be very bleak -- not merely for mr. Yeltsin, but for all mankind -- and that this was sufficient reason for the people who contacted me to try and change their past, annihilating themselves thereby.So, what happened?

This contradicted a Nostry quatrain or something?

Dream on...

Gillianren
2005-Dec-30, 10:00 PM
I don't clearly remember last night's dreams, but I've obviously been watching too much Remington Steele lately. (My boyfriend gave me season two for Christmas, as Target didn't have season one when he went shopping. He was going to give me season one for Valentine's Day, but I think he's just going to give up and buy it next week.)

DukePaul
2005-Dec-30, 11:29 PM
I have the same dream every time. I go to sleep then suddenly in the dream I wake up and for some unknown reason I go to this grey building and it seems I am there for hours and hours doing performing some strange bizarre ritual. Then I journey to a small common dwelling and find myself chanting at a box full of light. At this point in my dream I find myself slipping into darkness. I am so glad when I wake up in the morning after these nightmares and realize that even though I am Duke Paul Atreides, Emperor of Arrakkis and the known Universe, I too can have such strange dreams.

Gemini
2005-Dec-31, 12:00 AM
After watching ST:First Contact, the Borg showed up quite frequently in several dreams. I managed to stave off any attempts at assimilation.

LurchGS
2005-Dec-31, 01:49 AM
last night I had this dream about my beard... it was driving me to work...

Moose
2005-Dec-31, 03:59 PM
I had one this morning about a hot blonde who I was letting shave off my goatee and... er... perhaps I'd better not tell you about this one.

Relmuis
2005-Dec-31, 05:11 PM
I assume that Gemini asked us to relate dreams which we actually had, not stories we made up.

Moose
2005-Dec-31, 05:26 PM
*snort* Are you suggesting I can't get action in my dreams?

For the record, I really did have that dream this morning about a young lady of my casual acquaintance, of whom I've taken a fancy.

A stranger dream I'd had was the first night I'd slept after four sleepless days/nights in the hospital. I dreamed I'd been moved to a closed floor of the hospital. I was in an open area of the hallway that resembled the real recovery room of the real OR. I could see a light off in the darkness and could hear soft voices, and I dreamed that was some clandestine OR, and I could see a cart of surgical supplies near the lit room.

I had that dream several times that night, each time waking just as disoriented as the last. I'd never moved. The curtains in my room were arranged a bit differently which is why I'd thought I'd been moved. The light and voices was the nurses station nearby, and the cart was full of towels and tape and the like.

Very disorienting. I ended up having to call a nurse at one point for the simple reassurance of seeing a smile.

DukePaul
2005-Dec-31, 05:27 PM
Made up? You doubt the word of a Duke??

Moose
2005-Dec-31, 05:30 PM
Made up? You doubt the word of a Duke??

*grin* Never trust anyone over the rank of Marquis.

peteshimmon
2005-Dec-31, 06:01 PM
Wish I could remember more of my dreams, most
of them are gone on waking. They seem to be
memories of feelings and ambiances of days
in your past and they combine different
scenes in stange montages. Anyway they are
very nessessary for a good nights sleep and
here I have often wondered if people turn to
narcotics because they do not dream as they
should, perhaps on edge while sleeping. If so
then very slight hallucenagetic drugs at night
may be a cure. And to make sure no accidents
happen, disrobe and get under cover on a
special item of furniture just for this
purpose. Bed!

mickal555
2005-Dec-31, 06:07 PM
I was riding on to a body skate board thing that was atached to the frount of a bus and it was driving down hills and I went over a really steap hill really fast so it was more like a road cliff... and I fell down... and woke up in the storage area for the board with a concussioin. It was a fun dream... But strange, very, very strange...

hippietrekx
2005-Dec-31, 11:00 PM
I had a dream that the X-men visited the crew of Star Trek TNG, and everyone was dressed like hippies. Wolverine started to play a guitar with his claws and Worf had a tamborine. Oh, and Professor X and Captian Picard were somehow morphed into one person. Weird. Then the Romulans came along and the people on the Enterprise sang "Why Can't We be Friends" at the Romulans. The Romluans thought it was a trap and blew up the Enterprise.

Then there was the one dream where I gave my kidney to my friend Ducky, and when we got back to school, we were showing off our matching scars. I kept walking up to him, poking him, and saying, "How's the kidney? You better take good care of it." Then I woke up. I checked, and I still had my kidney. I relayed this story to Ducky, who was quite confused mainly because his kidneys are just fine...

--hippie

Gemini
2006-Jan-01, 08:18 AM
I had another last night. It was similar to the scene in Serenity where River loses it in the bar.

DukePaul
2006-Jan-01, 08:22 AM
I hate that dream where you have met the perfect girl, things are going great then she wakes up and leaves your dream.

Titana
2006-Jan-02, 06:36 PM
I have had many weird dreams. I dont know why but i always seem to dream of aliens taking over the Earth. The last time, i was dreaming that a bunch of weird looking aliens just started to fly in from everywhere. But the funny thing is that in my dreams the aliens are always dressed as soldiers and all of them would carry this strange looking tank on their backs. These tanks carried some kind of chemical that if it was sprayed on a person they would disappear and go to another strange world....:think:

Titana.

jkmccrann
2006-Jan-03, 03:27 PM
Although I haven't had this particular dream for years, I had it perhaps half-a-dozen times in my childhood, quite strange. It always involved a bunch of pirates coming into my suburban neighbourhood and chasing me around, of course, they never actually managed to catch me as I'd run away and jump over neighbour's fences and always manage to be just a step ahead, and often end up jumping and leaping around the place that in the end I'd just fly off and the pirates would be left cursing and growling at the hopelessness of their cause.

I think it may have had something to do with reading too much TinTin as a child. Everyone of them in fact. Captain Blackbeard, the harmless sea-captain, although the pirates in my dream certainly weren't harmless, just less than proficient in certain areas.

Eric Vaxxine
2006-Jan-03, 04:16 PM
I dream in colour, I once saw the earth and I remember it was blue and brown with white clouds.
I can't tell you if my dreams were in colour last night though.

korjik
2006-Jan-03, 04:52 PM
I get some wierd ones, but it gets really strange when I read things in my dreams. I'm told that is not supposed to be possible