PDA

View Full Version : searching for posts

William_Thompson
2005-Dec-31, 09:20 PM
How do I search for particular posts in one particular discussion thread by one person only?

Wolverine
2005-Dec-31, 11:10 PM
At the top right-hand side of each thread, there is a Search This Thread feature. Select it and enter a term in the pull-down menu. The search feature however does not recognize a search syntax for posters' names within the thread. If you have a specific keyword in mind, use that in your syntax. If you'd like to find a particular post by one user, click on their profile and select Find all posts by this user -- just scroll through the results until you find what you're after. Unfortunately I don't think there's a more expeditious means.

Moose
2006-Jan-01, 02:33 PM
If you'd like to find a particular post by one user, click on their profile and select Find all posts by this user -- just scroll through the results until you find what you're after. Unfortunately I don't think there's a more expeditious means.

You can then use your browser's search feature to go after instances of the search term you're after on the results page.

William_Thompson
2006-Jan-02, 12:51 PM
Even this doesn't seem to work. Searching "within this thread" http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=18814 for each post that uses " ID " for instance fails.

Wolverine
2006-Jan-02, 01:15 PM
A mere two characters is too short a syntax for the forum's search function.