PDA

View Full Version : The sun-- looking for experts

iron4
2006-Jan-11, 02:35 AM
Who's the alive person that is considered actually the most knowledgeable with respect to the study of the Sun? Please, give only one name

2006-Jan-11, 02:43 AM
Who's the alive person that is considered actually the most knowledgeable with respect to the study of the Sun? Please, give only one name

Michael Mozina (http://www.bautforum.com/member.php?u=5952) -- or did you mean considered most knowledgeable by others?

I don't know. But, why just one name? Surely many different people are knowledgeable about the many different aspects of the sun. Is there some particular aspect you're interested in? Or are you really just after the top sun expert.

iron4
2006-Jan-11, 02:49 AM
yes, that's that, the top expert. I know that there are some especialized on flares, others on susnpots, others on nuclear reactions, etc, but I guess that must be someone that it's over the rest in quality

Ken G
2006-Jan-11, 02:57 AM
The person you are seeking doesn't exist. Look up the past recipients of the Hale Prize to find members of the American Astronomical Society that are viewed as the top experts. But they all have their areas of greatest expertise. There is no one who knows more than anyone else about every aspect of the Sun. Can you give one name who knows more than anyone else about history?

nikola
2006-Jan-11, 05:02 PM
michael stix. the author of the famous monography "the sun".

suntrack2
2006-Jan-11, 05:23 PM
which type of experts, anatomy of sun, solar neutrino problem, the birth of sun, or what exactly, i am studying sun through some ancient books point of view.(for which people may call psudo science).

George
2006-Jan-14, 08:16 PM
I don't suppose we're talkin' heliochromology? :)

bigbluestar
2006-Jan-15, 04:23 AM
well I help put it there so I would call myself an expert:D