PDA

View Full Version : Go Steelers!

Dave Mitsky
2006-Jan-16, 01:51 AM
Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers for their exciting victory over the Colts.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/s_413807.html

Dave Mitsky

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-16, 02:00 AM
Man that was some game wasn't it? I couldn't believe that bad call...:naughty:

I won $100 on that game so I was very happy.

ToSeek
2006-Jan-16, 02:27 AM
That was a real shocker of a result - I figured that with home-field advantage and that high-powered offense the Colts were going to waltz into the Super Bowl.

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-16, 02:33 AM
ToSeek, you've lost you cookies....:D

Steelers are awesome this year, this game wouldn't have been questionable if their wasn't a conspiracy with the main ref against the Steelers...That call almost would have been one of the most upsetting calls in the history of NFL if the Steelers would have lost. Awesome game none the less...I thought it was all over so many times...Shew!

Laser Jock
2006-Jan-16, 05:13 AM
Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers for their exciting victory over the Colts.

Indeed. Now they can come to Denver and lose to the Broncos. :clap:;):clap:

No disrespect intended, but I'm mightly glad they won. I'd much rather the Broncos play at home against anybody than having to go back to Indy. They haven't done well there in recent years.

Another reason I'm glad they held on: I really respect Jerome Bettis. If the Colts don't miss that field goal, that fumble could very well have been the last carry of his career.

ToSeek
2006-Jan-16, 03:34 PM
ToSeek, you've lost you cookies....:D

Steelers are awesome this year, this game wouldn't have been questionable if their wasn't a conspiracy with the main ref against the Steelers...That call almost would have been one of the most upsetting calls in the history of NFL if the Steelers would have lost. Awesome game none the less...I thought it was all over so many times...Shew!

I wasn't looking at any specific competition - just at how unbeatable the Colts seemed to be until they clinched everything they needed to clinch. They don't seem to have been the same since.

R.A.F.
2006-Jan-16, 03:36 PM
Archer17 will be boasting and bragging...:)

hhEb09'1
2006-Jan-16, 03:53 PM
Indeed. Now they can come to Denver and lose to the Broncos. :clap:;):clap:This is the first time a sixth seed has made the championship? incredible.

No disrespect intended, but I'm mightly glad they won. I'd much rather the Broncos play at home against anybody than having to go back to Indy. They haven't done well there in recent years.1 and 2 for the millennium :) and that one win was at the end of the season when the Colts traditionally go into hibernation

Selenite
2006-Jan-22, 11:15 PM
Steelers beat the Broncos. Would it be an understatement to say that Archer 17 is one reeaally happy guy right now?

Archer17
2006-Jan-23, 12:59 AM
Steelers beat the Broncos. Would it be an understatement to say that Archer 17 is one reeaally happy guy right now?Nope. :dance: :dance: :dance::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-23, 01:06 AM
I got $20 more riding on the Steelers for Super Bowl, they better win!

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/s010.gif GO STEELERS! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/s010.gif

Archer17
2006-Jan-23, 01:19 AM
I think the Steelers have peaked at the right time, unlike last year when they tailed off towards the end. I like our chances. Am I biased?

Nope.

;)

BTW, Selenite it is an understatement that I'm a happy camper right now. I don't think my attempt at deadpanning in my last post came across. Looks like we'll have a chance to do some trashing-talking in the days ahead as your Seahawks are doing a 20-7 number on Carolina as I type this. :)

Selenite
2006-Jan-23, 01:26 AM
Thanks! They do seem to be doing a good job so far of shutting down Carolina's Steve Smith.
I've got my fingers crossed. Hopefully I won't be as blue as my avatar when the 4th quarter ends.

ToSeek
2006-Jan-23, 01:31 AM
They need to put Steve Smith in motion so it's harder to jam him at the line of scrimmage. I'll be interested in seeing if they try that. It would also help if Delhomme would stop throwing interceptions. ;)

Selenite
2006-Jan-23, 03:18 AM
Well...if I'm blue now it's a Seahawks blue. :D

Congrats also to the Steelers. Winning three games on the road to reach the SuperBowl is no easy road to hoe.

Archer17
2006-Jan-23, 03:36 AM

Congrats also to the Steelers. Winning three games on the road to reach the SuperBowl is no easy road to hoe.Thanks for the kind words re:my team & congrats on your Seahawks' impressive win Selenite. It's nice when one's team is Super Bowl-bound, is it not? :dance: :dance: :dance:

Maksutov
2006-Jan-23, 03:37 AM

Congrats also to the Steelers. Winning three games on the road to reach the SuperBowl is no easy road to hoe.Quite an accomplishment, definitely a hard row to hoe too (agriculturally speaking)!

BTW, good to see you're rooting for the right team!

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/840/gosteelers7ba.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/566/iconwink6tn.gif

Andromeda321
2006-Jan-23, 04:42 AM
Here we go, Here we go
Here we go Steelers, Here we go
Pittsburgh's going to the Super Bowl!!!

Here we go
Cheer the Steelers, Black and the Gold
Here we go
Town of Pittsburgh's, Heart and Soul
Here we go
With Cowher power, we'll get the job done
This is the year will get that one for the thumb!

My goodness it's quite exciting; I'm definetely going home for the Super Bowl as I couldn't imagine not being in Pittsburgh to see it for all the world. :) The last time we went, ten years ago, I was in fourth grade and Cowher's daughter was in my class so we got ten million freebies from the team. It was one of the most exciting things in my childhood for sure. :D

Selenite
2006-Jan-23, 05:25 AM
Yes Archer it is nice to be Bowl bound. Looks like the Steeler Steamroller is already in motion. Hee hee. That's okay. I'm just glad Seattle made it in for once. :)

LurchGS
2006-Jan-23, 05:39 AM
heh, I feel lonely... a little shocked at the Bear's loss to the Panthers, and not at all surprised at the way the Broncos collapsed for the Steelers... But, being western born, I have to root for the Wetbirds over the Oreboys come the big day. In as much as I root for any football team these days.