PDA

View Full Version : 4am storm photo

damienpaul
2006-Jan-17, 06:45 PM
From 4am to approximately 4:40am 18th January, 2006 - a localised storm hit Barooga (my home town). Although only 1mm of rain fell and low level (ground level) winds were low - there was a spectacular light show.

I caught this sneaky CG lightning from my back porch:

mickal555
2006-Jan-17, 06:58 PM
Hey cool shot there :D

cyswxman
2006-Jan-17, 09:11 PM
Nice shot!

Candy
2006-Jan-18, 11:36 PM
Nice! I love a good storm, but my cat doesn't. I could live with thunder and lightning everyday. :razz:

Titana
2006-Jan-19, 01:17 AM
Very nice.....!!...;)

Titana.

NEOWatcher
2006-Jan-19, 12:51 PM
Nice. You're either very lucky or very skilled. When I was younger I tried for a while to catch a pic of lightning. Never happened.

mahesh
2006-Jan-19, 12:53 PM
nice one Damienpaul!

and i agree with Candy (ain't sure yet how our cat would react)

Maksutov
2006-Jan-19, 12:56 PM
Nice shot!

Time exposure or lucky shutter click?

Thunderstorms and lightning are great shows, but in many parts of the Midwest they also mean someone's going to suffer damage/get injured/get killed due to tornadoes. Not just during the Spring.

Eric Vaxxine
2006-Jan-19, 12:57 PM
I could live with thunder and lightning everyday. :razz:

I love it too. I grew up in Nelspruit, South Africa. Regular massive storms.
The kind that wake you up and then send you to sleep again.

London is pathetic for storms. Miserable grey drizzle seems to be a speciality...for weeks at a stretch.

I might go back to school and train as a storm chaser .

mickal555
2006-Jan-19, 01:24 PM
We get nice storms here esspecially in Summer :D

SeanF
2006-Jan-19, 03:00 PM
I got a pretty good picture of a lightning bolt a few years back with an old point-and-click APS camera. Just pointed it at the sky, held the button half-way down to lock the autofocus, and as soon as I saw the flash of lightning hit the button. Didn't know whether I got the shot or not until I finished the roll and had it developed. :) (The storm that was going on at the time was kind of unusual - no precipitation, but lightning every few seconds. I didn't have to hold the button long)

I'll have to see if I can dig that out and scan it in...

Candy
2006-Jan-19, 06:06 PM
I love it too. I grew up in Nelspruit, South Africa. Regular massive storms.
The kind that wake you up and then send you to sleep again.

London is pathetic for storms. Miserable grey drizzle seems to be a speciality...for weeks at a stretch.

I might go back to school and train as a storm chaser .
Storm chasing seems like a cool job, somewhat dangerous, but very cool. When I was younger, I wanted to move to London due to the notorious rain. I love getting soaked, splashing in water puddles, and then warming by a fireplace. Now, that's my kind of weather. :D