PDA

View Full Version : your favourite program on television?

suntrack2
2006-Jan-20, 01:49 PM
News, serial, science quiz, astrology, advertising, sports, movies, cartoon show, religious programs, lectures, distance education chanels.

for how much time you consume with the constant vision to look at the television, viz. 1/2 hour, 1 hour and so on, ( many seats in front of tv like 3 hours, 4 hours and so on).

how you watch the tv, 1. on chair in seating position, 2. by putting second chair and keeping straight legs on that, and puting the hands on the head back, 3. by sleeping on the cot, on the floor.

is your tv on the proper distance to watch, are you always change the settings of the vision modes.

casualy asking.

sunil

ToSeek
2006-Jan-20, 04:49 PM
I watch sports (American and world "football"), science programs, Commander-in-Chief, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, and new and interesting PBS British imports like Rosemary and Thyme or whatever's showing on Masterpiece Theater or Mystery!. I probably don't watch more than 3-4 hours a week, though you can double that during football season and triple it during the playoffs.

I usually watch while lying in bed with my left leg (the one that had the blood clot) propped up on a bunch of pillows. The TV is at the far corner of the room and does not get adjusted.

Thread moved to BABBling since it seems more appropriate there.

SeanF
2006-Jan-20, 04:57 PM
The only shows I watch regularly are Monk, 24, South Park, and The Office. There are other shows that I'll watch if I happen to catch them, but those are the only four I watch every week.

Usually watch the big screen sitting on the couch with my feet up on the coffee table. Sometimes watch a tape in bed.

Plan on getting a flat screen TV in my den so I can watch in my recliner every now and then. :)

Argos
2006-Jan-20, 05:07 PM
Anything in the lines of "Saturday Night Live", "Mr. Bean", and science documentaries. I must also say I´m an angry critic of television in general.

Darasen
2006-Jan-20, 05:40 PM
The Shield, Battlestar Galactica, and (Disclaimer: With my wife) Gilmore Girls. with the occational WWE Raw thrown in.

Wolverine
2006-Jan-20, 06:51 PM
Penn & Teller's [name which isn't G-rated]
Family Guy
Space programming on the Science Channel

Parrothead
2006-Jan-20, 07:23 PM
Shows that get watched and/or taped on a regular basis include BSG (S2 finally started airing last Saturday), Charlie Jade (an earth based detective drama/sci-fi mix), Lost, 24 (now that I have caught up with the series, except S4), I'm rather enjoying Prison Break, Turning Points in History (depending on what the topic is) and many hockey games.

I watch from across the room seated in a rocker/recliner.

Herodotus
2006-Jan-20, 07:40 PM
The Shield-great characters and story lines,
Pardon the Interruption-which keeps me up on the latest in sports,
The Daily Show
and The Colbert Report which both make the world a funnier place.
And lots and lots O' soccer!

teri tait
2006-Jan-21, 05:42 AM
Hands down favorite for me:

The O'Reilly Factor

After that anything on the History Channel except war stuff. Some Animal Planet programs like "Most Xtreme" and the like.

Queer Eye is hilarious
Comedy Central...too many to list
One Piece
Full Metal Alchemist
Adult Swim
The Avatar

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. ;)

hippietrekx
2006-Jan-21, 05:57 AM
Oh dear. I shouldn't have clicked on this. I'll not bother you with listing all of the shows I watch; I'm a tv junkie. Why, I'm watching some National Geographic Channel right now... I tend to watch educational shows most often. Then there's pretty much anything sci-fi or fantasy. Comedy. Japanese cartoons... Random movies. Made-for-TV movies... Classic sit-coms and new stuff that NBC and USA have on their line-ups.

I probably have the TV on eight hours a day. I'm on the computer quite a bit, so I don't always pay close attention to the TV, but it's there... telling me things...

Yeah, I probably watch too much TV, but then again, I have massive amounts of *stuff* crammed into my head from it. I just never use that stuff unless it's for the Trivial Pursuit tournament at school. I'm the third year reigning champ. I've got a cheesy watch as a prize from Wal*Mart for each year, too.

I really should turn the TV off, now that I think about it.

--hippie

randb
2006-Jan-21, 06:24 AM
I dont watch TV :shifty:

peter eldergill
2006-Jan-21, 06:42 AM
Family Guy for sure rocks
Simpsons to a lesser extent. I'll go out of my way for Family Guy, but if I miss the simpsons...oh well

Battlestar Galactica, Dr Who (when I can)

The Daily Show!!! It's where I get all of my American news (i'm a Canuck)

I love Reno shows...

Holmes on Homes is by far my favourite show on TV. Apparantly the Yanks are getting this now on a specialty channel, so check it out if you can. The Brits and Aussies have had it already, but I don't know if it's still on the air. It's a Canadian show about a contractor (Mike Holmes) who helps out families who have been screwed by a contractor with shoddy work or ripped off on purpose. Check out our little website www.mikeholmesfanforum.com (I'm PJE there)

Restaurant makeover, The 1000000 pound experiment, Selling Houses, Opening soon are all sort of reno shows

Travel shows are cool, but if you ever get to see Survivorman with Les Stroud, check it out. He drops homself in a remote location for 7 days and films himself without any food, water, etc...great show

L8R

Pete

Candy
2006-Jan-21, 07:14 AM
I like mystery programs from old to new. Like ToSeek, PBS is the best! The Biography Channel has classics like Murder She Wrote and Columbo. Plus, Nero Wolfe, Poirot, and Inspector Morse are slowly squeezing in with air time. Once in a while, I can find Perry Mason on a local channel. I love Perry Mason! :razz:

suntrack2
2006-Jan-21, 07:59 AM
Thank you all for the replies : well,

one of my old friend who watch the television in the third mirror.
He has adjusted the tv image in the 3 mirrors and then only he look the television, he don't see direct tv, he always use these mirror to watch the programs on the television, i asked him why he is doing so, he replied that looking direct tv is much harmful to our eyes and face as a whole, and later may be the headache occurs, hence watching the television in the appropriate size of mirrors installed in the hall. :)

sunil

Dave Mitsky
2006-Jan-21, 12:23 PM
Astrology?

In answer to the thread title, my favorite show is the Emmy and Golden Globe winning "Lost".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411008/awards

Dave Mitsky

Matthew
2006-Jan-21, 12:39 PM
I watch a lot of TV. Probably too much, but ah well, its cheap entertainment. My regular shows:

House
Las Vegas
Stargate: SG-1
Stargate: Atlantis
Numb3rs
Scrubs

Champion_Munch
2006-Jan-21, 12:57 PM
The Shield-great characters and story lines,

I second that! Actually I'm watching it right now. ;)

Umm... I don't really watch that much TV anymore, most of the shows on these days are of crappy quality (ie. "real-life" shows, soapies, crime dramas - yes, the only good "crime" shows were the original CSI and the L&O SVU.. I can't believe how many new shows are trying to live of their popularity with slight variations in plot and storylines).

I do watch the Simpsons or Family Guy if they're on. New episodes of both leave alot to be desired though. Probably my favourite show of all time would be Becker but that aint been on for a few years now.

with regards