PDA

View Full Version : Avatar tv show

peter eldergill
2006-Jan-22, 04:24 PM
I have seen a a couple of episodes of this animated show by Nickelodian called "Avatar". It's about people being able to control the elements earth, wind, fire and water. The Avatar is the only one who can control all four elements and is a peacemaker between different tribes.

It's a pretty cool show from what I've seen so far. Has anyone else seen it?

Pete

Gillianren
2006-Jan-23, 02:45 AM
Yup. My boyfriend's really into it, and he's hoping devoutly that they put the whole thing out on DVD soon, as we missed a few episodes of the first season. (Well, I missed more than he did, but whatever.)

Togusa
2006-Jan-26, 12:13 AM
Yup. My boyfriend's really into it, and he's hoping devoutly that they put the whole thing out on DVD soon, as we missed a few episodes of the first season. Volume 1 comes out in the US next Tuesday (January 31st), and Volume 2 follows on March 28th, according to Amazon. Nice looking covers, too, with Aang on Volume 1 and Katara on Volume 2.

Needless to say, these DVDs are on my must-have list. :D

For those curious about this well-written Nickelodeon TV show, there's a Wikipedia article on Avatar. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender)

Inferno
2006-Jan-27, 03:33 AM
It's about people being able to control the elements earth, wind, fire and water.

What no "heart"? ;)

Gillianren
2006-Jan-27, 09:54 PM
What no "heart"? ;)

I always felt so sorry for that poor kid! What a lame power.

peter eldergill
2006-Jan-27, 11:24 PM
I've only seen a couple of episodes so I don't know who you're talking about, which is why I didn't respond... I thought it was a joke!

Pete

Samara
2006-Jan-29, 07:14 PM
Avatar IMO is def. one of the best "kids" shows out there - very well-written and drawn (even if the computer effects are a bit jarring at times)

And FAR FAR BETTER than D***y P*****m

Gillianren
2006-Jan-30, 08:04 PM
I've only seen a couple of episodes so I don't know who you're talking about, which is why I didn't respond... I thought it was a joke!

Pete

I meant on Captain Planet--the poor, sad kid with the "heart" power that was essentially useless. Still, the guest voices were better on CP than Avatar, though Avatar's animation is far better.

peter eldergill
2006-Jan-31, 03:03 AM
I've never even heard of Captain Planet....sorry

Pete

hippietrekx
2006-Feb-04, 04:58 AM
I've never even heard of Captain Planet....sorry

Pete

Aww... too bad. Sometimes it's on Cartoon Network. It's probably my favorite cartoon of all time.

"Captain Planet: He's a hero! Gonna take pollution down to zero!"

--hippie

peter eldergill
2006-Feb-04, 06:12 AM
In Canada, we don't get the cartoon network, we get Teletoon. I've not noticed Captain Planet but I'll have a look

Pete

peter eldergill
2006-Feb-04, 06:17 AM
I just checked out the website. It's currently not showing but I do recognize the characters and the animation. I hardly recall anything about this show at all except was pro environmental. That's all I recall

Edit: It used to be shown on a Canadian network, I don't remember which one

Pete