PDA

View Full Version : Privacy Snooping duplicates

Darth Maestro
2006-Jan-26, 05:22 PM
Greetings! I hope everyone has had great skies to gaze upon recently.

I came across an article on cbc news online about Google to censor certain search results in China
"The Chinese government censors content that is considered politically sensitive and offensive. As a result, online chinese users have been blocked from using Google or experienced delays in response time"
From that article was a link to another article headlined "Internet firms comply with U.S government snooping". The article suggests the existence of
"an electronic eavesdropping network called Echelon, which is operated by intelligence services in the U.S., U.K., Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
The network has the ability to routinely tap phone calls and faxes as well as almost any type of net-based communication"
What are the implications or intentions of this to the public? Does anyone believe this or similar eavesdropping networks to be valid.
cheers
DM

NEOWatcher
2006-Jan-26, 05:32 PM
Looks like an OOPs to me. (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?t=37467)
:naughty:

Darth Maestro
2006-Jan-26, 06:21 PM
definately an oops ... after I tried submitting the first post the login screen popped up and said I wasn't logged in (i was). So i frustratingly had to regurgitate what i had written, i tried to go back in the history to copy, but it didn't cache the content. apologies

ToSeek
2006-Jan-26, 10:12 PM
Relevant comments moved to other thread and this one closed.