PDA

View Full Version : Nostadamus on C2C

vonmazur
2006-Jan-28, 05:01 AM
Lat night, George interviewed John Hogue. I like John, but I have trouble with some of his statements and ideas...I seem to remember that some quatrain or other refers to "strange birds in the sky" and this was promoted at the time, as proof that Nostradamus could foresee aircraft, now it is the bird flu....

I know that such things are totally subjective, but if one wants to sell the idea, some sort of consistency is necessary, is it not??

Also: The overwhelming negativity of this whole field leaves me wondering, "What is the point of this?" If we all are going to die in some war or other, why bother taking the money for the "Rest of the Story" ??

What troubles me is the reaction of some people subconsciously to this kind of negativity, if the average person has trouble with logic, they may have a feeling that this is wrong, but not be able to say why. This then will hang over them like a cloud, leading to more negetivity and so on....I am bothered by prophets that sell doom and gloom, but have something to sell...

Dale in Ala

Fr. Wayne
2006-Jan-28, 06:25 AM
Late Night Radio thrives on ghost stories. People eat it up because their daylight bores the sunshine out of them. Lots of people love horror. Why? I don't know, but Nostradamus certainly knew that he could perfect the writing style that would scare the bee gee bees out of folk. I enjoy C2C and rank it up there with Fate Magazine and the National Enquirer for excellent conversation material.

Wolverine
2006-Jan-28, 10:04 AM
This would be more at home in BABBling, as Nostradamian claims (while egregiously wrong (http://skepdic.com/nostrada.html), particularly Hogue's) really aren't conspiratorial. Moved.

vonmazur
2006-Jan-31, 09:44 PM
Sorry, wrong forum....Hogue was trying to promote his stuff, and I did not know exactly where to place his theories...

Dale

Wolverine
2006-Feb-01, 09:56 AM
Sorry, wrong forum....Hogue was trying to promote his stuff, and I did not know exactly where to place his theories...

No worries. We may create a new section for these sorts of topics. Stay tuned. :)