PDA

View Full Version : The forum is kind of spooky at night! :eek:

Titana
2006-Jan-28, 05:29 PM
OK, Here I was last night browsing the forum at about 1:00 am.(I could not sleep...:D ) There was only about three people on line. suddenly I started to get a couple of private messages from I don't know who. The weird thing is, the person who was sending me the messages did not appear online....:eek:

Maybe some problem with the connection or something....I quess....:confused:

Something like that has happened to me before, but with the MSN Messenger.
I would be talking to people that in my list appeared as off line.....

Anyways, after reading the private messages, I "ran" off to bed.....:D

Titana.

R.A.F.
2006-Jan-28, 05:40 PM
The weird thing is, the person who was sending me the messages did not appear online....:eek::

Nothing weird about it. In the user CP, there is the option to "be invisible". IOW, you can be logged in, yet not appear on the current user list.

Archer17
2006-Jan-28, 05:45 PM
This board should never be "spooky" Titana. As R.A.F. pointed out, one can opt to have their online status hidden from others. If you ever get inappropriate PMs in the future, let the mods/admin know.

Titana
2006-Jan-28, 05:45 PM
Not even on the "Who's Online List" ????

Titana.

Archer17
2006-Jan-28, 05:51 PM
Not even on the "Who's Online List" ????

Titana.That's correct. If you go to 'User CP' you can see this option under the 'edit options' menu.

(Edited to remove a link)

Titana
2006-Jan-28, 05:57 PM
OK, I tried to say the "Currently Active User's List" I have used the option to not appear, but I would only not appear at the bottom of the main page. But still would appear in the "Currently Active Users List".

Anyway, I was thinking it could be that the person who sent me the messages probably went off line right after sending them.

(The messages were weird too)......

Titana.

teri tait
2006-Jan-28, 06:11 PM
I love weird...who was it from and what did they say??? Not that I'm nosey...and if you don't mind sharing...

(Remember what I told you to always carry for self preservation:))

Titana
2006-Jan-28, 06:16 PM
Yes, Teri.....:D I got my "Pepper Spray and "Stun Gun" ready.

And as for what the person said, I will PM you later. I might make the person feel bad saying it here.......:D

Titana.

The Supreme Canuck
2006-Jan-28, 06:40 PM
And it's against the forum rules.

Titana
2006-Jan-28, 07:23 PM
And it's against the forum rules.

Yep!

Titana.

teri tait
2006-Jan-28, 07:32 PM
I just have to ask...if you don't know who sent you the PM, how do you know they were not online?

Titana
2006-Jan-28, 08:00 PM
I say I don't know who, because it was a name that I am not familiar with..:D

(In other words no one who is regularly on the forum)

Titana.:)

Candy
2006-Jan-28, 08:41 PM
I saw a person online last night. He/she was newly registered. When I would look to see who's online, it would always show the person in private message. Then the person would go offline. I noticed this two times (maybe three - tired eyes). The person had a very distinctive user name. 4 letters like UAUA - this is only an example and not the actual username. It's my company's initials twice. :shifty:

teri tait
2006-Jan-28, 08:59 PM
I say I don't know who, because it was a name that I am not familiar with..:D

(In other words no one who is regularly on the forum)

Titana.:)

Cool! Did you look at their profile? Perhaps a new user trying to make some friends?
(with an obviously super nice person like yourself, since you're easy to talk with and unpretentious [unlike the vast majority of people in the world])

teri tait
2006-Jan-28, 11:51 PM
I like your most recent cat picture, Titana! He's got a great smile and looks very happy :)

Much more lively than my cat who, as you know, just lays on the floor like a catskin rug...

Titana
2006-Jan-28, 11:55 PM
I saw a person online last night. He/she was newly registered. When I would look to see who's online, it would always show the person in private message. Then the person would go offline. I noticed this two times (maybe three - tired eyes). The person had a very distinctive user name. 4 letters like UAUA - this is only an example and not the actual username. It's my company's initials twice. :shifty:

No Candy, the name was not 4 letters. It was more like eight. I did notice you were online late last night, but this was after you had logged out....:)

Titana.

Titana
2006-Jan-28, 11:56 PM
I like your most recent cat picture, Titana! He's got a great smile and looks very happy :)

:lol: :lol: .......Thanks...Teri...

Titana.

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-29, 12:13 AM
I like the Fat Cat better for a 80X80 avatar, I like the one you have now, but you can't see the face detail that makes you laugh every time you see it.:D

Titana
2006-Jan-29, 12:36 AM
When I get tired of "Weirdo Cat", I will put "Fat Cat" back in. Maybe you can't see the face detail, but what about what the letters stand for that are on the right?........:D

Titana.

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-29, 12:43 AM
Well, I love the picture because I see it surfing the net every so often, I like the "WTF?" "BUN3D" "OWN3D" stuff as you now from when I was a n00b in the "post something funny" thread, I should go back and see exactly what I posted in there...I bet some of it is embarrassing.:o

teri tait
2006-Jan-29, 01:19 AM
I like the stripes, used to have a stripy cat like that.

The WTF reminds me of "I Love the 80s" on VH1, they have that WTF moment of each year, it cracks me up everytime :)

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-29, 01:25 AM
lol, I love that show!

teri tait
2006-Jan-29, 01:42 AM
Yep, the 80s seem much sillier now than they were at the time. I thought life was funny at the time, now I find it hilarious! All the crap you forget about...sometimes I am literally laughing till I cry at the stuff they dig up!
OMG the girls with the tall bangs hairsprayed within an inch of their lives... and the checkered tennis shoes...I still got mine somewhere in my closet.

kleindoofy
2006-Jan-29, 03:11 AM
I've always found it amusing when people on internet forums talk about being online "at night," asuming that everyone lives in approximately the same time zone that they do. But it amazes me to no end on a board concerned with astronomy, where I would expect the members to know that the world is round and that whenever it's night where *they* are, that it's daytime on the other side of the globe. ;)

Titana
2006-Jan-29, 03:34 AM
Yep, the 80s seem much sillier now than they were at the time. I thought life was funny at the time, now I find it hilarious! All the crap you forget about...sometimes I am literally laughing till I cry at the stuff they dig up!
OMG the girls with the tall bangs hairsprayed within an inch of their lives... and the checkered tennis shoes...I still got mine somewhere in my closet.

:lol: I use to use my bangs like that too...back then...Now, every time I see a picture of myself with my bangs sky high, I crack up....:D

Titana.

Candy
2006-Jan-29, 03:42 AM
I've always found it amusing when people on internet forums talk about being online "at night," asuming that everyone lives in approximately the same time zone that they do. But it amazes me to no end on a board concerned with astronomy, where I would expect the members to know that the world is round and that whenever it's night where *they* are, that it's daytime on the other side of the globe. ;)Hey, it's our nighttime. I can see where she is located, and there's just a few hours difference in our times. :p

Titana
2006-Jan-29, 03:43 AM
I've always found it amusing when people on internet forums talk about being online "at night," asuming that everyone lives in approximately the same time zone that they do. But it amazes me to no end on a board concerned with astronomy, where I would expect the members to know that the world is round and that whenever it's night where *they* are, that it's daytime on the other side of the globe. ;)

Did I say that I was assuming that everyone lives the same time zone? If i did I am going totally woo woo because I don't remember...:wall:

Anyway, I am "aware" that many of us "don't" have the same time zone.
And when I said "at night" of course many people know that in my zone.

Titana.

Titana
2006-Jan-29, 03:45 AM
Hey, it's our nighttime. I can see where she is located, and there's just a few hours difference in our times. :p

Yep.....:)

Titana.

teri tait
2006-Jan-29, 04:36 AM
I live in my own little world and time has no meaning...;)

kleindoofy
2006-Jan-29, 04:38 AM
I hope you all noticed the little ;) at the end of my post.

Please don't take me too seriously.

[off topic]

I'm a mod on a website (with only a few more members than this one), which targets internet fraud and has a membership that is well mixed internationally. About 40% are from the USA, another 30% from Great Britain and Germany, the rest from, well, everywhere. It's amusing when a young American starts a thread in the General chat area with a subject like "what's your favorite TV commercial?".

Some German will answer with something like "I like the chocolate advert with the purple cow." The American will answer "huh??, what about the Bud ad with the frog, isn't it awesome?". The German will answer "what's a 'Bud'?". Some Brit will say "the advert with Williams is brilliant!" The American will get upset and say "what's wrong with you guys?". etc., etc., etc.

I will then have to remind the American OP that television stations east of the Atlantic and west of the Pacific don't necessarily run ads for the same products that he's used to. I usually then get a PM from the American saying something like "sorry dude, I kinna forgot they're not all from here like we are." I then have to PM him that I am an American, but that I have been living in Germany for the last 25 years. etc., etc., etc. This all leads to a confused young American who may one day become a cosmopolite, but probably won't.

That's the origin of my response above. Nothing personal.

[/off topic]

Titana
2006-Jan-29, 04:48 AM
OK kleindoofy, now this is getting kind of spooky......:eek:

Titana.

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-29, 04:50 AM
*turns off Titana's lights and taps her on the shoulder*

:D

Titana
2006-Jan-29, 04:52 AM
Dragon Star, you are scaring me...:shifty:

Titana.

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-29, 04:54 AM
http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/p010.gif

kleindoofy
2006-Jan-29, 04:54 AM
@Titana

Buh! ;)

Titana
2006-Jan-29, 04:59 AM
The spider did not scare me, the liitle guy on the side did....;)

Titana.

teri tait
2006-Jan-29, 05:25 AM
I hope you all noticed the little ;) at the end of my post.

Please don't take me too seriously.

[off topic]

I'm a mod on a website (with only a few more members than this one), which targets internet fraud and has a membership that is well mixed internationally. About 40% are from the USA, another 30% from Great Britain and Germany, the rest from, well, everywhere. It's amusing when a young American starts a thread in the General chat area with a subject like "what's your favorite TV commercial?".

Some German will answer with something like "I like the chocolate advert with the purple cow." The American will answer "huh??, what about the Bud ad with the frog, isn't it awesome?". The German will answer "what's a 'Bud'?". Some Brit will say "the advert with Williams is brilliant!" The American will get upset and say "what's wrong with you guys?". etc., etc., etc.

I will then have to remind the American OP that television stations east of the Atlantic and west of the Pacific don't necessarily run ads for the same products that he's used to. I usually then get a PM from the American saying something like "sorry dude, I kinna forgot they're not all from here like we are." I then have to PM him that I am an American, but that I have been living in Germany for the last 25 years. etc., etc., etc. This all leads to a confused young American who may one day become a cosmopolite, but probably won't.

That's the origin of my response above. Nothing personal.

[/off topic]

OK...if this were a bar...I would poke Titana in the ribs, then drunkenly yell (in a voice I think is a whisper), "Thish guy ish trying to pick up on youse!" and laugh hysterically. Not AT you, just because that's what I do when I'm drunk.

(Yes, I am that annoying...):)

suntrack2
2006-Jan-29, 03:36 PM
so is sunspots and the solar flairs affects the electronic system on the earth?
Titana! well may be sometime modem system takes the tortoise speed in getting picture clear and sometime computers become so lazy and many people later turn off the system.

:)

sunil

teri tait
2006-Jan-29, 07:13 PM
Sunspots and solar flares take the heat for everthing ;)

Jorge
2006-Jan-29, 10:13 PM
You thing BAUT is scary on the off hour's where almost no-one is online because there sleeping or at work (do note i said almost no-one)

You should be on ther dark side of the net...
The one marked: Do not enter, dark side...
Bring flash lite if you do.

teri tait
2006-Jan-30, 12:28 AM
Yep, that's a scarey place indeed. They play creepy horror movie music there...

Titana
2006-Jan-30, 12:35 AM
You thing BAUT is scary on the off hour's where almost no-one is online because there sleeping or at work (do note i said almost no-one)

You should be on ther dark side of the net...
The one marked: Do not enter, dark side...
Bring flash lite if you do.

Oppps! I don't think I would like that......I am better off on the bright side.......:shifty:

Titana.

mickal555
2006-Jan-30, 07:17 AM
The off time is from around 7:00pm- 2am AEST... which is great for me.....(sarcastic)

Lianachan
2006-Jan-30, 08:48 AM
The rule we have around here that says (and I paraphrase):

Though shalt not swear. Though shalt not even attempt to obfuscate thy swearing by abbreviation and suchlike.

Does that not apply to avatars too, then?

Candy
2006-Jan-30, 08:51 AM
The rule we have around here that says (and I paraphrase):

Though shalt not swear. Though shalt not even attempt to obfuscate thy swearing by abbreviation and suchlike.

Does that not apply to avatars too, then? I was wondering when someone was going to say something.

mickal555
2006-Jan-30, 08:55 AM
If a avatur has a swear word in it but it is almost impossible to see does that mean there is a swear word in said avatur?

mickal555
2006-Jan-30, 08:57 AM
6:56pm the quiet period is beggining...

Currently Active Users: 82 (19 members and 63 guests)

Titana
2006-Jan-30, 04:25 PM
What avatar are you guys talking about, Mine?

Titana.

Moose
2006-Jan-30, 05:09 PM
Titana: Yep.

Titana
2006-Jan-30, 05:20 PM
Really, was my avatar that bad? shiiiiish!

Titana.

Moose
2006-Jan-30, 05:25 PM
Well, it's not that it's that bad, certainly not in the grand scheme of things, it's just that the rules are that acronymed and fiddled swear words are considered the same as the swear words themselves. I'm pretty sure I remember this came up when the avatars were turned on, and the admin basically said that avatars follow identical rules to any other external content, in terms of copyright and acceptable content.

I'd hate to see your hand slapped for it.

Titana
2006-Jan-30, 05:47 PM
Ok, avatar changed. happy?

P.S. I hate getting slapped on my hand, I would rather it to be "somewhere" else.:D

Titana.

Lianachan
2006-Jan-30, 08:38 PM
I never had a problem with it at all, I just thought it was probably an infringement of the rules. I remember when the only rule was unwritten, and it was be nice.

teri tait
2006-Jan-30, 08:43 PM
That is one cute kitten!!!!

kleindoofy
2006-Jan-30, 10:58 PM
It is a cute kitten, but I'm afraid it's thinking naughty thoughts. Don't ask me how I know, just look at it. The avatar will once more have to be changed. ;)

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-30, 11:05 PM
Titana, your keeping that avatar. I like it.:D

teri tait
2006-Jan-31, 01:34 AM
Awww.....Dragon Star love kittens :). Lets name him, Seahawk, after my daughter!

Go Seahawks!

Titana
2006-Jan-31, 01:38 AM
It is a cute kitten, but I'm afraid it's thinking naughty thoughts. Don't ask me how I know, just look at it. The avatar will once more have to be changed. ;)

:lol:

Titana

Titana
2006-Jan-31, 01:40 AM
Titana, your keeping that avatar. I like it.:D

Yeah, i will probably keep it for a while...... It's cute :D

Titana.

Titana
2006-Jan-31, 01:42 AM
That is one cute kitten!!!!

Thanks Teri, i just knew you would like it.....:)

Titana.

teri tait
2006-Jan-31, 02:03 AM
You are very welcome!
Thanks for sharing that adorable little fuzz ball! :)

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-31, 02:24 AM
Awww.....Dragon Star love kittens :).

WOAH WOAH WOAH!, Who said I like kittens!?!?! I like dragons, fear teh scarry dragons!http://boards1.wizards.com/images/smilies/dragon.gifYea....thats it....big, and evil, and....

:doh:

Ok...yea, I like kittens.

:D

Moose
2006-Jan-31, 02:46 AM
Hey hey HEY!!!! Dragons aren't evil! Not... necessarily anyway. I mean sometimes they're good. I'm sure it's happened before... once or twice?

Well they didn't eat you yet, right? That's relatively good... ish... sorta... isn't it? :eh: *martyred sigh*

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-31, 03:05 AM
Listen here pal, I am one, and I will gobble you up and pick my teeth with your bones if you don't straiten up, we are evil! Muhahahaha...*cough-Hack* muhaha...haha...ha.:shifty:

:eh:

Right, so I like kittens, so what?

Titana
2006-Jan-31, 03:13 AM
Listen here pal, I am one, and I will gobble you up and pick my teeth with your bones if you don't straiten up, we are evil! Muhahahaha...*cough-Hack* muhaha...haha...ha.:shifty:

:eh:

Right, so I like kittens, so what?

:lol:

Titana.

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-31, 03:32 AM
It's getting late Titana, better get out while you can!

EDIT: go figure, she left before I could even tell her.

Titana
2006-Jan-31, 03:35 AM
I'm still here Dragon Star......:D

Titana.

Dragon Star
2006-Jan-31, 03:54 AM
Figures, I am going to bed in a few after some more posting, night all!

Enzp
2006-Jan-31, 06:22 AM
Come to think of it, it IS getting scary around here.

mickal555
2006-Jan-31, 07:01 AM
boo

Jorge
2006-Jan-31, 09:43 PM
boo

*shivering in corner of room... looks around? mommy, is the bad guy gone?*