PDA

View Full Version : is chimpanzee useful for the space trip?

suntrack2
2006-Feb-01, 12:59 PM
chimpanzy looks an intelligent spacie on the earth, proper training can be grant to chimpanzy to ran on the different planet, say for mars, where chimpanzy can walk, seat, can take some images, there is only one device is needed which can creat a fresh oxygen to inhale from the machine loaded with chimpanzy's head(like a cap), and chimpanzy can take the food through the saline mounted on his back.

chimpanzy may be drop by the parrachute on the surface of the mars, later he can start to ran here and there on the surface of the mars.

or moon is nearer than the mars, hence moon expedition can also be undertake for chimpanzy tour. but whenever the chimpanzy take jump ( he will fill some fearful event, since the jump will be more higher), another companion can also to join to accompany.

But the world forum for animals can take a serious objection for it, for the inclusion of the animal in the space travel?

(this is a fun topic don't take it otherwise).

Nicolas
2006-Feb-01, 01:02 PM
If we present it as if Mars actually was approaching the poor Chimpansee instead of us sending him towards Mars, we might sell the mission as saving the chimpansee from getting crushed by a rapidly approaching Mars...

suntrack2
2006-Feb-01, 01:04 PM
both man and chimpanzy are valuable for us, their life is important for us.

planethollywood
2006-Feb-01, 01:05 PM
long way to send an animal to have images of sent back of it scratching itself on a foreign planet (or worse, what behaviour would a companion promote ?)

Argos
2006-Feb-01, 01:05 PM
Well, if a chimp can do it, why not me? :)

farmerjumperdon
2006-Feb-01, 02:57 PM
Well, if a chimp can do it, why not me? :)

That's a good point. Why send a chimp when you could find lots of qualified people that would not just do it for free, but would pay big cash for the privilege?

Would the human have the option to take a companion; you know, for . . . company.

ToSeek
2006-Feb-01, 03:37 PM
Thread moved to more appropriate forum.

ryanmercer
2006-Feb-01, 05:08 PM
I liked the idea of "simps" in Rama II. They were genetically engineered and trained, and could carea out routine stuff which allowed humans to focus on more important things. Only way I can see them useful though... is for long-term missions... they would be like children, be capable of doing basic chores and tasks so humans could spend more time could be spent on maintaining a ship or biosphere and on scientific endeavors.

Gullible Jones
2006-Feb-01, 10:48 PM
With four prehensile limbs, they'd be unnecessarily dangerous in microgravity... I'd say the idea is pretty much out. You'd have to put a lot of effort into wiring them up to be more docile, or you'd have a disaster on your hands.

randb
2006-Feb-02, 03:18 AM
If we present it as if Mars actually was approaching the poor Chimpansee instead of us sending him towards Mars, we might sell the mission as saving the chimpansee from getting crushed by a rapidly approaching Mars...
:lol: We could also get the animal rights activists/ animal lovers..to donate some cash for the "Save Mr Chimp" mission....wait....isn't that what u meant?

Ilya
2006-Feb-02, 06:31 PM
I really see nothing useful about it. A human can do anything a chimpanzee can and a lot more, and human's life support requirements are hardly greater. The only possible real advantage is that you don't have to bring a chimpanzee back. But then animal-rights people would be all over you, and not just PETA woowoos.

Nicolas
2006-Feb-02, 07:28 PM
:lol: We could also get the animal rights activists/ animal lovers..to donate some cash for the "Save Mr Chimp" mission....wait....isn't that what u meant?

It takes two to explore the full potential of my idea! :D

MrClean
2006-Feb-02, 07:36 PM
Don't send Chimps to MARS, what a waste. Why with proper preparation and enough peanut oil to dip them in, I'm sure they'd be pretty tasty right here!

And now I'll retire to Bedlam.

suntrack2
2006-Feb-06, 05:30 PM
huh! i afraid "don't send chimps to mars",/