PDA

View Full Version : I need help........

Gemini
2006-Feb-04, 06:57 AM
A few weeks ago I signed up for a science compition at a nearby college( University Alabama at Huntsville) in the Areas of Astronomy, Remote sensing( not remote veiwing;)) and Meteorology ( Dynamic planet). I'm hoping some board members might be able help.

Saluki
2006-Feb-04, 07:13 AM
you are going to have to be more specific than that. What do you want to do?

Gemini
2006-Feb-05, 06:17 AM
Astronomy:
Determining answers relating to the orbital movements of stars and binary systems. Calculating distance to stellar objects. including parallax, spectroscopic parallax, cepheid variable, type Ia supernovae, cosmological distance equations, rotation and circular motion. Know location and be knowledgable about and or answer questions relating to Mira, WR124,RCW 38
,NGC 2440, NGC 2266, Simeis 147, N49, IC 4406 , Sagittarius A, Proxima Centauri, 3C58, W49B, Antares, Tycho's SNR, NGC6888, and M16(from info packet) I might be able to figure the rest on my own.

Fr. Wayne
2006-Feb-07, 12:29 AM
Totally out-dated but good for basic formulas of everything related to all stars only is STARLIST 2000 -Richard Dibon-Smith (John Wiley,N.Y., 1992) Cheap but solid source. There may be more updated sources on internet but for the price and having it all in front of you, it still ain't a bad start. I can't believe how expensive all the new books are?

publiusr
2006-Feb-09, 10:02 PM
Howabout weather modification? www.spaceislandgroup.com

Saluki
2006-Feb-09, 10:16 PM
Is this a trivia contest? If so, I would recommend that you do some indepth research on each of the topics mentioned in the packet. Google is your friend here, but make sure to verify information. The net has just as much bad info as it has good.

If this is a contest in the sense that you have to put together some sort of project related to these topics, then you need to seriously narrow down the scope of your project (based on your own personal preferences) before we can help you any further.

Gemini
2006-Feb-10, 12:10 AM
trivia basically