PDA

View Full Version : 25$ hardcover to 15$ trade paperback before 8$ paperback. This happen to you lately?

James_Digriz
2006-Feb-09, 01:00 AM
Terry Brook's Shannara series just started this. How annoying. As if they don't fleece us enough at almost 10 bucks for a paperback, now we have to wait even longer untill it comes out in normal sized paperback.

Halcyon Dayz
2006-Feb-09, 02:36 AM
Stick to paperbacks, Slippery.
You'll get more books for your buck.

I buy a lot second hand. 0,25 to 1,- for a paperback. ;)

Roy Batty
2006-Feb-09, 02:46 AM
What do you mean, just started this? I got stuffed buying the odd sized Shannara 3 (Wishsong) paperback in the UK about 20 years ago!!!:doh::)

EricDerKonig
2006-Feb-09, 03:49 AM
Yeah, I'm waiting for the paperback edition of GRRM's Feast for Crows. Maybe I could pick up a used hardcover cheaply...

Inferno
2006-Feb-09, 04:42 AM
I nearly always stick to second hand books - or even borrow from my local library if there's something good. I can't imagine how much i would have spent if i bought all my books new!

James_Digriz
2006-Feb-09, 06:17 PM
Stick to paperbacks, Slippery.
You'll get more books for your buck.

I buy a lot second hand. 0,25 to 1,- for a paperback. ;)

I do also but I buy a lot of new paperbacks as well. So that's why it's annoying to have to wait even longer for the regular edition instead of the oversized paperback volume.

What do you mean, just started this? I got stuffed buying the odd sized Shannara 3 (Wishsong) paperback in the UK about 20 years ago!!!:doh::)

I forgot. I have the fisrt three in this format but after that they went to the regular hardcover-paperback formula so it was a shock to see the latest Shannara book in that nasty 14 dollar large size paperback again.

Gillianren
2006-Feb-10, 05:14 AM
The Harry Potter books do this as well, but I like the trade paperbacks of those better. Still, the Don't Know Much About books never get down to regular paperback, just trade, and they're hard to find used, so count your blessings. (Just bought Don't Know Much About Mythology last night in hardcover, not feeling able to wait for the paperback.)

James_Digriz
2006-Feb-10, 08:15 PM
The Harry Potter books do this as well, but I like the trade paperbacks of those better.

Yeah, those are the best for sure. The hardcovers are too big. They don't have much writting on each page. If there's an illustration it's even less. Maby only a paragraph.

Talk about rags to riches. The kids who are in the movies are going to be millionares also if they arn't already. I always wondered if that kind of money would change me. You all need to start a collection on the boards for me and when I have lived a life of luxery with the 10,000,000 you collected i'll let you know if I changed. Cmon, I know your all dying of curiosity.

At least then I could afford the 15$ trade paperbacks.

Charly
2006-Feb-10, 11:30 PM
When you guys get a bit older and more mature, you will realise that television is far more engrossing and better value to boot.

Reading is just far too old fasioned. Why spend a couple of pages describing things, that take minutes worth of reading, when you can see the thing on the telly in a blink of an eye?

;)

Roy Batty
2006-Feb-11, 04:45 PM
Yeah, i'm totally with you (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060390/) Charly;):D

James_Digriz
2006-Feb-11, 04:51 PM
When you guys get a bit older and more mature, you will realise that television is far more engrossing and better value to boot.

Reading is just far too old fasioned. Why spend a couple of pages describing things, that take minutes worth of reading, when you can see the thing on the telly in a blink of an eye?

;)

So true. Why waste time learning when ignorance is instentanios? :)

Gillianren
2006-Feb-11, 05:36 PM
Yeah, speaking of ignorance--the dollar sign goes in front. This has been bothering me. Wasn't anyone else taught this in elementary school?

James_Digriz
2006-Feb-11, 05:46 PM
Yeah, speaking of ignorance--the dollar sign goes in front. This has been bothering me. Wasn't anyone else taught this in elementary school?

Elementary school was a loooooong time ago. You expect me to remember stuff from way back then??? (We need better smilies)