PDA

View Full Version : World War 3 is coming! AGHHHH!!!

dirty_g
2006-Feb-09, 10:09 AM
Look at these apples. I know its an astonomy site but its all conspiracy anyway. Plus you all seem educated. Some of the things they say are quite possible actually! Depending on how goverments handle things. http://www.threeworldwars.com/world-war-3/ww3.htm

Obviousman
2006-Feb-09, 10:41 AM
It's just another junk site.

Visit it to say you have read it, but it's junk just the same.

SolusLupus
2006-Feb-09, 12:03 PM
Isn't the majority of the Middle East actually seperated from the major groups of terrorists (Taliban, Al Qaeda, Osama Bin Laden, etc.)? If so, yeah, the idea of WW3 from all of the new events is a bit far fetched.

However, when I think about it, "WW3" might be pretty easy to get involved in. All that needs to happen is enough people get riled up... and there could easily be more factors than simply going into Iraq. But instead of sounding like a woo-woo or a fearmonger, I'll just go take that shower and go to school now..

Metricyard
2006-Feb-09, 12:49 PM
I just hope that if WW3 is about to start, they wait till after the final Harry Potter book comes out. I'd be real upset if I couldn't finish the series.

SolusLupus
2006-Feb-09, 01:38 PM
I just hope that if WW3 is about to start, they wait till after the final Harry Potter book comes out. I'd be real upset if I couldn't finish the series.

And I'd be cheering if I didn't have to see Harry Potter anymore. :D

Different strokes and all that.

dirty_g
2006-Feb-09, 05:29 PM
it wouldnt take much to start a 3rd world war. But then again for about 3 decades we teetered on the brink of world war 3. I suppose it will always be there behind the scences. Has anybody heard about those supposed russian nukes which are so badly maintained and since they dont have the fail safe systems other nations have they could "accidently" launch and start a 3rd world war. Anybody else heard that?

Halcyon Dayz
2006-Feb-09, 06:12 PM
Both Russia and the US have publicly guaranteed
that all there ICBMs are now aimed at the oceans.
It would take at least several minutes to reprogramme one.
You can't nuke a city by accident, only by intend.

long live the queeb
2006-Feb-09, 06:26 PM
Oh, dont you just LOVE These Guys, making money by spreading fear and despondancy. Real clever, they know exactly who their target audiance is, and then keep their finger on the panic switch. Anyone read the Nostradamus schtick, Give me strength...

SolusLupus
2006-Feb-09, 07:39 PM
Oh, dont you just LOVE These Guys, making money by spreading fear and despondancy. Real clever, they know exactly who their target audiance is, and then keep their finger on the panic switch. Anyone read the Nostradamus schtick, Give me strength...

Yeah, probably, in spite of all that I just said. I honestly haven't looked at the site in-depth, but I feel like it would be a waste of time anyways. I loathe the whole Nostradamus thing, too...

Huevos Grandes
2006-Feb-10, 01:44 AM
No conspiracy is truely complete without mention of the vaunted Illuminati, biblical prophecy, or Nostradamus.

My favorite bit:

(listen out for mention of a 7-year treaty to be confirmed by a World Leader - probably Bush)
Why not a 6-year treaty ? Isn't that more in keeping with the masonic Antichrist ? Also gotta get that dig in against 'W' - seemed like only yesterday that it was Ronald Reagan who was the one everyone pointed the finger at...

Nevermind also that North Korea has broken the peace and invaded the South numerous times, since the armistice was signed in 1953.

PhantomWolf
2006-Feb-10, 02:39 AM
Why not a 6-year treaty

You already answered the question yourself. biblical prophecy

Philip A
2006-Feb-10, 04:23 AM
Their definition of a world war is also a bit arbitrary. A more useful definition is 'A war in which most of the major powers of the world are involved, over multiple theatres of operations'. The Napoleonic Wars, Franco-Prussian Wars and others fit these criteria. We called WW1 'The Great War' until WW2 came along......

Gillianren
2006-Feb-10, 05:19 AM

Amen, brother, amen.

Lianachan
2006-Feb-10, 07:53 AM
I'd be more concerned about the emergence of China as an economic and military superpower. Not that that's bad in itself, just how some other nations will react to it.

dirty_g
2006-Feb-10, 09:45 AM
I think as long as the other powers dont treat China like scum we should be ok. I cant see why we would. We need the trade with it and it needs trade with the west. Its beneficial. Why either side would want to stop and then decide to nuke the other is beyond me. Also in a quote above about nukes being aimed at the sea??!! They would say that wouldnt they. No country in its right mind would actually leave themselves vulnerable like that. Programming the nukes would take a few minute slike you said and after that its too late.

Fram
2006-Feb-10, 10:57 AM
We are not allowed to talk politics on this board (see the rules), and I don't see how this can not be politics.

Argos
2006-Feb-10, 11:13 AM
One of the most amusing things to me is the "China superpower" talk. It won´t happen. :)

SolusLupus
2006-Feb-10, 11:15 AM
We are not allowed to talk politics on this board (see the rules), and I don't see how this can not be politics.

Except to, say, debunk conspiracy theories.

dirty_g
2006-Feb-10, 11:23 AM
I see it as conspiracy as the page link I provided had some conspiracy to it. I wouldnt worry that much. Most things in life have politics related to them. I am just on the subject of WW3 which obviously would involve countrys and their leaders. Anyone read the bible code 2? Either of those books. Whohh mad conspiracy. On a astronomy note it has an apparent comet ment to hit the earth but be torn apart before it lands. I would of thought it would have to be a pretty small comet to be torn apart in the atmosphere.

SolusLupus
2006-Feb-10, 11:59 AM
On a astronomy note it has an apparent comet ment to hit the earth but be torn apart before it lands. I would of thought it would have to be a pretty small comet to be torn apart in the atmosphere.

Depends on what it's composed of. Rock chips away decently quickly, and would whittle down the size; metals, especially iron, wouldn't "burn away" easily, so a solid-iron comet would kill us all, pretty much (well, depending on the size, I suppose). Other than that, though, if it's just solid ice, then it melts away incredibly quickly.

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

boppa
2006-Feb-10, 12:07 PM
funny haha

australia in http://www.threeworldwars.com/overview.htm was important enough to warrant highlighting its role in ww1,2 and 3

but looking underneath at leaders subsection-apparently us mob are so disorganised we never got around to having any in all three

she'll be right mate ;-)

Fram
2006-Feb-10, 02:46 PM
Except to, say, debunk conspiracy theories.
Yep, but there isn't much of a conspiracy theory in post 15. Only politics.

dirty_g
2006-Feb-10, 03:01 PM
Yep, but there isn't much of a conspiracy theory in post 15. Only politics.

Somebodys picky. Actually the Russian nukes not being well kept and prone to go off and hit some poor country is a conspiracy theory. Thats what some of the post is about as somebody answered me saying that they are all aimed at the sea anyway (I dont beleive all the nukes are aimed at the sea).

Archer17
2006-Feb-10, 03:25 PM
Any WWIII CTs, no matter what flavor, overlook the fact that the current geo-political dynamic is not conducive to global thermonuclear warfare and hasn't been since the end of the Cold War.

As far as the "aging" Russian nuclear arsenal goes, this is just attempts at fearmongering from CT proponents (they're about 20 years too late BTW). It would be far more likely that if a Russian ICBM wasn't "well kept" that it wouldn't work at all, not launch by itself with "USA" written on it.

Ilya
2006-Feb-15, 05:38 PM
it wouldnt take much to start a 3rd world war. But then again for about 3 decades we teetered on the brink of world war 3. I suppose it will always be there behind the scences. Has anybody heard about those supposed russian nukes which are so badly maintained and since they dont have the fail safe systems other nations have they could "accidently" launch and start a 3rd world war. Anybody else heard that?
A badly maintained nuke either won't launch or won't detonate. Both are very complicated processes, and things going wrong in either will simply preclude it. There is absolutely no way a missile could go through the process of powering up, arming the warhead, launching successfully, maintaining the course, then detonating due to faulty maintenance!

Nukes are hard enough to make go off on purpose.

SHAKESPHERE
2006-Feb-16, 06:06 PM
One of the most amusing things to me is the "China superpower" talk. It won´t happen. :)
Oh dear, somebody is in deep denial.

dj breed
2006-Feb-16, 06:35 PM
the war has already started it is a propoganda war via the mass media

long live the queeb
2006-Feb-16, 06:48 PM
the war has already started it is a propoganda war via the mass media

Er, care to elaborate.

SolusLupus
2006-Feb-16, 07:29 PM

It won't? China is quickly becoming an economic superpower already; it's easily coming into the competition with other countries, and is already starting to get into the lead. If it's prospering so well economically... why can't it? Or do you have a reason?

Enzp
2006-Feb-17, 01:55 AM
Even if a russian missle managed to launch itself, it still doesn't start WW3. If we detect an icoming missle from Khazakhstan, do you really think we will then decide to launch our arsenal against all of the former USSR? If it is to be a world war, who all would get involved then and on what sides? A world war means sides ready to go at it, and then a trigger to start it.

Sigma_Orionis
2006-Feb-17, 08:05 PM
Another Prediction for WWIII? :wall:

vonmazur
2006-Feb-18, 01:11 AM
Garner Ted Armstrong spent most of the early 60's prophecying WW 3....Along with every other aimless intellect in search of a schtick...

Don't forget, "World ends, soon, send money nonetheless....'

Dale in Ala