PDA

View Full Version : oops

novaderrik
2006-Feb-11, 02:53 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/45123

maybe those budget cuts for NASA aren't such a good idea, after all..

SolusLupus
2006-Feb-11, 02:58 AM
*laughs* So true.

Candy
2006-Feb-11, 03:04 AM
Why do I even click on these links? This was on the website, too.
Hi, I'm Cookie, will you be my friend? :rolleyes:

Omicron Persei 8
2006-Feb-12, 03:36 AM
Why do I even click on these links?

Maybe because she's totally geek yet totally chic? ;)

SolusLupus
2006-Feb-12, 03:51 PM
You guys do realize that that's a joke news source, right? It's not real?

Omicron Persei 8
2006-Feb-13, 12:40 AM
You guys do realize that that's a joke news source, right? It's not real?

Oh my god! It isn't? *runs out door screaming*

Lonewulf of COURSE we know it's a joke news source. Pretty much everyone out there knows what the Onion is ans stands for. I personally found it funny....but then again I'm good at picking up on satire (story) and sarcasm (novaderrik's response). So lighten up and don't underrate anyone here. Save that for the ATM and CT threads!

SolusLupus
2006-Feb-13, 12:43 AM
Oh my god! It isn't? *runs out door screaming*

Lonewulf of COURSE we know it's a joke news source. Pretty much everyone out there knows what the Onion is ans stands for. I personally found it funny....but then again I'm good at picking up on satire (story) and sarcasm (novaderrik's response). So lighten up and don't underrate anyone here. Save that for the ATM and CT threads!

Actually, someone else who posted up an Onion article a while ago didn't know that it was a joke. I forget who, but since then, I've been rather skeptical on how people take that stuff. :)

Omicron Persei 8
2006-Feb-13, 01:04 AM
Actually, someone else who posted up an Onion article a while ago didn't know that it was a joke. I forget who, but since then, I've been rather skeptical on how people take that stuff. :)

Probably bmpbmp

ToSeek
2006-Feb-15, 08:51 PM

The Onion ran an article a while back with a mock-interview with J. K. Rowling saying that the Harry Potter books were deliberately Satanic. Some fundamentalists took this seriously, to the point where one of them got a letter published in USA Today making the claim.