PDA

View Full Version : Bush to cut NASA spending? NOOOOOO!!

Knowledge_Seeker
2006-Feb-15, 05:07 AM
GRRRRR.......:wall:

noha
2006-Feb-15, 06:10 AM
i dont think that bush shouldnt do that because NASA is really importent to the future of space and that its importent for them to spend money to expend there knowledge about space. and we need more space crafts going to space to make other discoveries.

ufo1300
2006-Feb-15, 08:26 AM
Bush is a corrupt president, who is also a huge baboon. If he wants to limit our knowledge of space hes going the right way about it.

ToSeek
2006-Feb-15, 04:48 PM
Bush is a corrupt president, who is also a huge baboon. If he wants to limit our knowledge of space hes going the right way about it.

Please avoid political commentary on this forum. It is not necessary to attack the president to disagree with his space exploration policy.

ToSeek
2006-Feb-15, 04:53 PM
In fact, NASA's budget has increased over last year's. However, it's still not enough to cover the space shuttle, the ISS, the new exploration initiative, and planned science missions, so the latter are taking the brunt of the budget adjustments.

Ilya
2006-Feb-15, 05:08 PM
GRRRRR.......:wall:
Bush is not cutting NASA budget, he is increasing it slightly. Where exactly did you get your (obviously upsetting) information?

More accurately, NASA Administrator Griffin is cutting (or delaying) several astronomy projects and transfers money to ISS/Shuttle -- possibly in order to speed up the inevitable by now death of Shuttle (http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/oped-06a.html)

noha
2006-Feb-15, 05:34 PM
I still think he should increase NASAs budget because i think NASA is the most importent space administration in the world, and i think they are doing a great job with their budget.

Knowledge_Seeker
2006-Feb-15, 08:16 PM
i think they are doing a great job with their budget.

The only reason they are doing great with their budget is because a lot of their funding comes from private organizations that either donate

Dragon Star
2006-Feb-15, 10:56 PM
Oh how I wish there was a political section of this Forum just for this thread alone....

What a crock of crap....:evil: Garr so many things I want to say about this, but I guess I will keep my cool for now.

Knowledge_Seeker
2006-Feb-15, 11:23 PM
I just dont understand why this would happen. Through his time in office, through the time of his administration so many great and revolutionized things have happened, the mars rovers, a safer space shuttle, deep impact, new horizon, and much more! be it big or small, NASA has given a lot of output and new knowledge.

If only superman were here.........

jt-3d
2006-Feb-16, 01:10 AM
I just dont understand why this would happen.

Try to pay attention. Did you bother to reaad the replys? It didn't happen.

Knowledge_Seeker
2006-Feb-16, 05:23 AM
Try to pay attention. Did you bother to reaad the replys? It didn't happen.

oh im sorry, i lost my track of though i added a funny statement somewhere in that buy i guess i didnt type it. sorry for the confusion :) but woohoo with the 3.2 increase!

noha
2006-Feb-16, 06:24 AM
Oh how I wish there was a political section of this Forum just for this thread alone....

What a crock of crap....:evil: Garr so many things I want to say about this, but I guess I will keep my cool for now.

Whats that supposed to mean do you mean you dont think bush is doing a good job with taking care of NASAs budget, or something else..........? :question:
~I LOVE NASA~

Wolverine
2006-Feb-16, 05:44 PM
Folks, ToSeek stated early on in this thread that participants should avoid political commentary here.

As stated in the forum rules (http://www.bautforum.com/showthread.php?p=564845#post564845), it's acceptable to discuss political impact upon space programs, exploration, and science -- but nothing more.

Those guidelines need to be observed. Discussions outside that scope should be undertaken in private message, e-mail, or on another forum. I hope that's clear.

woodguard
2006-Feb-23, 02:57 AM
Is it really so bad they are changing direction. I know it is good to study science for science sake. But they are only delaying it.
But with the move toward returning to the moon and going to mar( with people.)
We will learn more about engineering and develop bigger and better launch vehicles. The first time we went to the moon we developed a lot of things we used today.
Its time we stop crawling into space and start to walk and after the current program we might even running into space.

Don’t you think the delay today for some science to increase the vehicles for then same sciences tomorrow.

And the people who think we did not go to the moon, we can ship them to the moon on a once way trip! :whistle:

antoniseb
2006-Feb-23, 03:03 AM
Is it really so bad they are changing direction. I know it is good to study science for science sake. But they are only delaying it.
But with the move toward returning to the moon and going to mar( with people.)

I understand what you're saying, but take the opposite view. We can discover the new science as fast as possible. The expensive business of getting people to the Moon and Mars, and asteroids can wait until we have the space elevator, and better propulsion systems.

The Incredible Bloke
2006-Feb-25, 11:36 PM
I think we will end up waiting forever if we do that. We should return to space now. The best way to advance these areas(propulsion etc) is to make manned space missions to Mars or the moon a goal today, not some hazy future date when all the problems are worked out.