PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

SkepticJ
2006-Feb-22, 04:54 AM
Just saw this movie on one of the movie channels. It's a great send up of bad 50s science fiction. Here's the IMDB page on it: http://imdb.com/title/tt0307109/

Roy Batty
2006-Feb-22, 02:05 PM
Ooh I want to see that! missing my MST3K fix lately :)

ggremlin
2006-Feb-22, 07:11 PM
I have seen it and it is pretty bad, Lobstermen from Mars was a must best parody.

Doe, John
2006-Feb-23, 11:32 PM
The only thing I didn't like about it was that, although you had two characters claiming to be scientists, there were no beakers filled with colored liquids in any of the sets.

Big Brother Dunk
2006-Feb-24, 12:03 AM
I saw it and thought it was a terrific parody. Kudos to the actors who were "acting" like actors in bad 50's Sci-Fi.

SkepticJ
2006-Feb-24, 04:20 AM
The only thing I didn't like about it was that, although you had two characters claiming to be scientists, there were no beakers filled with colored liquids in any of the sets.

That would have been funny, but I'm not quite sure it would fit. Even a 50s B movie writer would know that lab ware and geology have little in common, so doing a parody of something that wasn't done isn't funny. Plus, what are you going to do about having color in a black and white movie? It's just be shades of gray. Now lab coats, that could have been funny. Oh well, it's a gem as is.