PDA

View Full Version : Best Space Movie (Clunker Catagory)

buffalodavid
2006-Mar-07, 04:14 AM
Hello, I'm Buffalodavid and I'm a bad movie addict.

(Hello Buffalodavid)....

I love a bad film. Period. MST3K was a tv show I never missed (almost a pun). Can I start the ball rolling with three?

Plan 9 From Outerspace.... No. NOT thed worst movie of all time, I dont care what any book says. Ive seen a lot worse. But rarely do you see something so loveable for its badness.

Journey to the Seventh Planet.... Nothing happens that follows any logic. Nothing. BTW , freeze frame on the letter when the guys read thier orders, the date is 9/12/01. {Twilight Zone Theme rises in background sound track}

Phantom Planet.... Breathing the atmosphere of a astaroid can make you shrink. just one of the many scientific facts I learned in the dark of the Swannee theatre as a kid.

Anyy others?

soylentgreen
2006-Mar-07, 04:31 AM
Hello buffalodavid

One word...SATURN 3! ok, ok..that's two words. ;)
Talk about a guilty pleasure. Small cast. Small script. Small outfit for Farrah Fawcett! Bad science coming through every window. Like some kind of galactic car wreck, I can't not watch. Very few films can give you the disorienting funk of Harvey Keitel opening his mouth and having British actor Roy Dotrice's voice come out.

Maybe later I'll work up the nerve to offer up why I actually own BATTLEFIELD EARTH.* :o :o

*$4.99 used from the local GameStop!

buffalodavid
2006-Mar-07, 05:20 AM
Maybe later I'll work up the nerve to offer up why I actually own BATTLEFIELD EARTH.* :o :o

*[size=1]

Looks like a breakthrough to me. Let it out. We're your friends here.

Nowhere Man
2006-Mar-07, 08:32 PM
Are you familiar with the Jabootu's Bad Movie Dimension, (http://www.jabootu.com) Stomp Tokyo, (http://www.stomptokyo.com/) and the rest of the B-Masters' Cabal? They don't limit themselves to bad SF, but Ken's review of Doomsday Machine (http://www.jabootu.com/doomsday.htm) is a beaut.

Fred

Enzp
2006-Mar-08, 04:24 AM
It is really only partly scifi, but Amazon Women on the Moon is a fun flick. it tries to recreate late late night TV viewing on a weekend.

ANd certainly about the stupidest thing I can recall is KAthy Ireland in ALien from L.A. Crescendoes of rising stupidity that seem to strain at the limits only to be blown away by stupidity orders of magnitude greater than thought possible. It never relents until the stupid ending. Oh is it stupid. "Oh no, my dad has fallen down a bottomless pit."

And a space to be saved for Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death - with Adrienne Barbeau and Shannon Tweed? Both? Neither? Tongue in cheek.

And played straight for just bad without being all that stupid is Slave Girls from Beyond Infinity.

The Giant Gila Monster. Kid rams his car into the monster with a bunch of nitroglycerine on the seat, blows up the monster. "Hey kid, you know what could have happened to you with that nitro in your car?" "It did, I lost my car."

And what is that movie where the space monster lives in a cave just outside town, and he is shaped like some sort of Jello mold - cone shaped with fluted sides - and a pair of crab claws? Dumb.

vonmazur
2006-Mar-08, 10:24 PM
In the Gila Monster Flic, the sheriff looked just like Joe Stalin!!! Not a word from the MST3K Crew!! What a missed wise crack or two!! I do not know why they missed that one.....If they had to note the Lionel Train turned into an A C Gilbert American Flyer, they why not jump on this???

Dale in Ala

vonmazur
2006-Mar-08, 10:29 PM
"Brain from Planet Arouous" starring John Agar, the talking German Shepherd was worth the .25 cents admission...

Dale in Ala

R.A.F.
2006-Mar-08, 10:54 PM
And played straight for just bad without being all that stupid is Slave Girls from Beyond Infinity.

Interesting (to me, at least) aside...I was in the same graduating class in High School (and knew "well enough" to exchange "hello's) with B movie "scream queen" Brinke Stevens, (she changed her name for the movies) who is one of the "stars" of Slave Girls....

Favorite bad movie? Hmmm...how about The Monster that Challenged the World. The "monsters" were giant snails. :)

JohnW
2006-Mar-08, 11:08 PM
The "monsters" were giant snails. :)
Stroll! Stroll for your lives!

buffalodavid
2006-Mar-09, 03:31 AM
MMMM... my post about It Counquered The World Seems to have gone missing. Thats the one Enzp refered to. Peter Graves, Lee Van Cleef and Beverly Garland. Directed by Roger Corman.

BTW. Vonmazur, you think Fred Graham fro the Giant GM looked like Joe Stalin? Well, I'm trying to vision him with a big black soup strainer, and ... I guess...

Also.. Ken Curtus (TV Show Gunsmoke) was the producer of this epic.

Gemini
2006-Mar-09, 04:19 AM
Stroll! Stroll for your lives!

Quick, Get the salt!

Dave Mitsky
2006-Mar-09, 01:40 PM
MMMM... my post about It Counquered The World Seems to have gone missing. Thats the one Enzp refered to. Peter Graves, Lee Van Cleef and Beverly Garland. Directed by Roger Corman.

BTW. Vonmazur, you think Fred Graham fro the Giant GM looked like Joe Stalin? Well, I'm trying to vision him with a big black soup strainer, and ... I guess...

Also.. Ken Curtus (TV Show Gunsmoke) was the producer of this epic.

This masterpiece was also called "It Conquered the Earth".

Dave Mitsky

Dave Mitsky
2006-Mar-09, 01:42 PM
"The Green Slime" is a bad, but eminently enjoyable, Japanese sci fi movie with some moderately big name American stars and some pretty goofy looking monsters.

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/greenslime/

Dave Mitsky

Enzp
2006-Mar-10, 04:50 AM
Somewhere around here I have a 45 of the theme song from The Blob

Beware of the Blob it
Leaps and creeps
And glides and slides across the floor
A splotch, a blotch

sump'n sump'n

Be careful of the Blob

All sung in the best beach movie style.

For you wet noses, a 45 is a vinyl phonograph record. A "single." You can see on on the jukebox in Happy Days.

Killer Shrews was good, they hung extra fur on fogs and pasted extra fangs on them. Obviously when shrews grow to monstrous size, they look like dogs.

Oh my god, speaking of threats like snails:

Night of the Lupus. Giant bunnies terrorize the little town. Giant bunnies that drool and run in slow motion. You can always tell when something is really fast, it makes it move in slo-mo. I think they do something insane like electrify the train tracks through town and herd the bunnies onto them with giant carrots or something.