PDA

View Full Version : Complex Particles

czeslaw
2006-Mar-16, 10:37 AM
Some particles can;t exist seperately. They are very good described theoreticaly and explain some phenomenons :
A. Quarks in particles
B. Gravitons in gravitational field
C. Virtual particles in vacuum energy
You may find even more such Complex Particles.
Are they a property of the substance or are they realy components of the substance ?

Spherical
2006-Mar-16, 02:15 PM
What if they are all manifestations of the same substance? In other words, all of them are simply different forms of the same thing?

czeslaw
2006-Mar-16, 04:04 PM
What if they are all manifestations of the same substance? In other words, all of them are simply different forms of the same thing?
Hmm
Yes, all of them have to do something with a space-time...

Spherical
2006-Mar-16, 05:32 PM
Hmm
Yes, all of them have to do something with a space-time...
Or they are all actually energy. Energy appears to have something to do with defining "space-time", yes?

czeslaw
2006-Mar-16, 07:34 PM
Or they are all actually energy. Energy appears to have something to do with defining "space-time", yes?
Yes, and they can't be seperated from a space-time.
A graviton could be something like vacuum energy ?
Are the quarks like virtual particles moving inside a real particle ?

Spherical
2006-Mar-18, 03:34 PM
Yes, and they can't be seperated from a space-time.
A graviton could be something like vacuum energy ?
Are the quarks like virtual particles moving inside a real particle ?
Every time I try to think this stuff all the way through I find out that I'm biting my own butt.

I suppose we have to put the quarks in the same category as "virtual" particles because they have not and apparently cannot be detected, but that is not really what physicists say that "virtual" particles are. But then, physicists describe quarks in a way very similar to the way they describe virtual particles--on the surface of their descriptions at least.

No wonder Feynman warned us that it is all an elaborate myth.

czeslaw
2006-Mar-18, 08:51 PM
Every time I try to think this stuff all the way through I find out that I'm biting my own butt.

I suppose we have to put the quarks in the same category as "virtual" particles because they have not and apparently cannot be detected, but that is not really what physicists say that "virtual" particles are. But then, physicists describe quarks in a way very similar to the way they describe virtual particles--on the surface of their descriptions at least.

No wonder Feynman warned us that it is all an elaborate myth.

We have the crazy ideas but some of them i have already read in internet.
In the new physics they call quarks as virtual particles.