PDA

View Full Version : Cassini's View of Jupiter's South Pole

Fraser
2006-Mar-28, 04:51 AM
SUMMARY: Cassini took many photographs of Jupiter on the way to Saturn, including this unusual montage of its southern pole. This photograph was made up of 36 separate images, stitched together on computer. The planet looks strange because the photo is a polar stereographic projections, which shows the southern pole in the middle, and the equator at the edges. The original images were captured on December 11th and 12th, 2000.

View full article (http://www.universetoday.com/am/publish/best_view_cass.html)
What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2006-Mar-28, 07:59 AM
Вас достал спам?!

Readable by anyone?

Wolf-S
2006-Mar-28, 01:42 PM
edit: I removed the quote and tranlation to the spam post from antispamer. Thanks to Wolf-S for doing the translation. Much appreciated.

-Antoniseb.

On topic, this is a very unusual and fascinating image indeed! (I remember Saturn's pole featured a dark spot too)

Grand_Lunar
2006-Mar-28, 02:06 PM
So, both Cassini and Pioneer 11 have observed the Jovian polar regions. I suspected the Saturn probe preformed such a feat, but wasn't too sure.
A facinating perspective!

five_distinct
2006-Mar-28, 03:29 PM
I removed the quote from here too. -Antoniseb

A user by the name "Antispammer" spamming about a spammer? These are the days of our lives. :boohoo:

On topic, this is a very unusual and fascinating image indeed! (I remember Saturn's pole featured a dark spot too)

Jupiter is such a weird looking planet..it's like someone made it in photoshop.