PDA

View Full Version : interesting images

suntrack2
2006-Apr-01, 12:57 PM
these are the "confusion images to our eyes", you may know it, these are add here just for the fun. try.

sunil

suntrack2
2006-Apr-01, 01:01 PM
another confusing image, this image like moving.

Damburger
2006-Apr-01, 01:16 PM
bmp? I didn't realise they still made those

dvb
2006-Apr-01, 07:01 PM
Nice optical illusions.

This reminds me of when I look at a digital LED clock sometimes, and it appears as if the numbers are bouncing around. This usually happens when I'm tired and look at it though. Anyone else experience this? Not trying to derail this thread, but figured it's relevent to the topic.

suntrack2
2006-Apr-02, 05:05 PM
can we detect such images in the sky which are confusing, or the real star's especially their colors etc, are there any examples. or the ISS has ever cought the confusing matter in the space during their sojourn through that region. ( in the night particularly).

Donnie B.
2006-Apr-03, 01:35 PM
This reminds me of when I look at a digital LED clock sometimes, and it appears as if the numbers are bouncing around. This usually happens when I'm tired and look at it though. Anyone else experience this? Not trying to derail this thread, but figured it's relevent to the topic.Typically, LED clocks use multiplexing to display the time. At any given moment, only one digit -- or one segment of all four digits -- is actually on. (This is done to save cost, reduce power consumption, and simplify the circuit.) Our eyes' persistence of vision makes it look like all the segments are always on -- well, all the ones needed to display the time appropriately.

However, if your eye is moving (and tired eyes do tend to twitch and shake more than rested eyes) you'll see odd artifacts because the "off" segments are in the wrong place compared to the currently "on" segments.

suntrack2
2006-Apr-03, 02:15 PM
if we look at the redium stickers then also such experience comes to our eyes, our vision also confuse after reading the "neon-signs". I think that in " color blindness symptoms there may be a cause of proper vision intake on the upper oval of our eyes, may be reflecting the colors due to the colors intensity and cause the defective reading of the color, it happenes especially in the night, as you have mention above that "the clock's" digits also confuse us while looking at the clock and immidiately besides the clock, such experience comes to all. the eyes of animals especially in the night also confuse our eyes, their eyes looks like "radium" sparkling.

sunil

mahesh
2006-Apr-03, 02:15 PM
Nice optical illusions.

This reminds me of when I look at a digital LED clock sometimes, and it appears as if the numbers are bouncing around. This usually happens when I'm tired and look at it though. Anyone else experience this?

thanks DonnieB
also, i would've thought the fluid in the eyes moves, so the image is distorted.
when you crunching / eating something, the fluid is not stationary, hence the apparent movement of object being viewed

Dragon Star
2006-Apr-03, 03:16 PM
Yea, CRT is the coolest thing to look at when eating something, it looks like it is flashing, best result when farther away, like 15ft or so.