PDA

View Full Version : Probes to the Oort cloud

VenusROVER
2006-Apr-06, 02:14 AM
It would be possible and we would learn alot about this comet storage tank. But does the Oort cloud even exsit?. How far is it from Earth?

Launch window
2006-Apr-06, 04:20 AM
Kuiper belt is much closer,
the Oort cloud might be as much as light year away

The inner Oort cloud could be much closer ( less than a 50th of a light year ) and might include objects like Sedna

Voyager-I might be on its way to the 'Inner Oort could', it will take a long time to get there but Voyager is already 14 billion kilometers away from Earth and continues to travel outward, New-horizons is on its way to pluto while the Euros are looking at a mission called IHP, where the ESA people thinking of building a spacecraft to travel a distance of 200 AU from our Sun

VenusRoVER2
2006-Apr-06, 02:34 PM
So what its gonna take along time to get there or what

Daryl71
2006-Apr-06, 02:43 PM
So what its gonna take along time to get there or what

Banned this morning and back already with a suspiciously similar user name? This won't last long...:whistle:

sts60
2006-Apr-06, 06:02 PM
If you read this, VenusROVER/VenusRoVER2, and if you'd really like to participate in this board, I suggest you try the following:
1. Realize that this board is not like a chat room, and it's not like a lot of boards where any random neural firing is considered worthy of posting. This is a board where we generally try to talk about things in a way that people can learn something. That means thinking about what you're going to post, not hopping wildly from topic to topic, and generally posting in complete sentences - i.e., act literate.
2. Realize that profanity is not allowed, nor is thread hijacking, nor unsupported allegations. Again, this is a board for grown-ups, not "Punk'd".
3. Realize that not everyone who disagrees with you is American, or "redneck", or ignorant, or whatever, and that people here are from all over the world and encompass a variety of beliefs, ideologies, and backgrounds.
4. Realize that using a sock-puppet is not allowed, especially after being banned for multiple rules violations, and that using an almost identical name for the sock-puppet is really dumb anyway.
5. Apologize profusely to the moderators (by email), promise to engage in civil dialog, and ask to be unbanned.

But if you just want to run around and yell, than you'd really be better off at GLP.

ryanmercer
2006-Apr-07, 12:07 PM
If you read this, VenusROVER/VenusRoVER2, and if you'd really like to participate in this board, I suggest you try the following:
1. Realize that this board is not like a chat room, and it's not like a lot of boards where any random neural firing is considered worthy of posting. This is a board where we generally try to talk about things in a way that people can learn something. That means thinking about what you're going to post, not hopping wildly from topic to topic, and generally posting in complete sentences - i.e., act literate.
2. Realize that profanity is not allowed, nor is thread hijacking, nor unsupported allegations. Again, this is a board for grown-ups, not "Punk'd".
3. Realize that not everyone who disagrees with you is American, or "redneck", or ignorant, or whatever, and that people here are from all over the world and encompass a variety of beliefs, ideologies, and backgrounds.
4. Realize that using a sock-puppet is not allowed, especially after being banned for multiple rules violations, and that using an almost identical name for the sock-puppet is really dumb anyway.
5. Apologize profusely to the moderators (by email), promise to engage in civil dialog, and ask to be unbanned.

But if you just want to run around and yell, than you'd really be better off at GLP.

Friggin-a-right! :)