PDA

View Full Version : 3-D Shuttle Shuttle 3-D space walk 3-D moon jump - CEV from the Moon animation!

gaetanomarano
2006-Apr-11, 01:39 PM
-----

3-D Space Shuttle - 3-D space walk - 3-D moon jump (to see with RED-BLUE glasses) here: www.gaetanomarano.it/articles/002shuttle3D.html

CEV from the Moon flash animation here: www.gaetanomarano.it/articles/003cevmoon.html

if you can't access my website, try later (if the problem persist, please post a message, thanks)

-----

Rue
2006-Apr-11, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the animation. Impatient to see the real thing. Is that a Boeing CEV you used?

Quit a website you've got there. Just want to comment on your "Crewless Space Shuttle" article. Maybe it's been mentioned to you before but the one and only flight the russian space shuttle Buran ever took was remotely controlled.

gaetanomarano
2006-Apr-11, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the animation. Impatient to see the real thing. Is that a Boeing CEV you used?

Quit a website you've got there. Just want to comment on your "Crewless Space Shuttle" article. Maybe it's been mentioned to you before but the one and only flight the russian space shuttle Buran ever took was remotely controlled.

The CEV of the animation is the Boeing version.

All the russian spacecrafts (with '60s technology!) are automated at re-entry, the Soyuz 11 had made a perfect re-entry and landing despite its crew was dead due to capsule decompression.

From september of last year my suggestion is exactly to stop fly the Shuttle, because it is too old and dangerous to fly with crew, and modify it to fly crewless and remote-controlled (non fully automated).

A Crewless Shuttle can do the job to send modules and resupply to the ISS as "boxes sent via mail" without risk the life of 130+ astronauts.

The Crewless Shuttles can be used for 50+ flights instead of only 19 so it can be used for the ISS and for MANY other things.

Also, I've read of some rumors about a possible stop of all Shuttles' flights after the Discovery in july (?), or before, due to the number of new problems that appear any day.

I think that is better to modify and use the Shuttle to fly crewless (if something goes wrong we lose only money and hardware, not 7 human lifes) instead of send the Shuttles to a museum.

publiusr
2006-Apr-12, 10:06 PM
I saw that over at X-prizenews.org