PDA

View Full Version : Beauty and the Geek (TV Show)

randb
2006-Apr-12, 05:53 PM
I was watching this show last night, and...lol....its really funny.

Here are a couple of questions and answers from the show.

Q. How many brains does a monkey have?
A: 2

Q: Whats the chemical formula of salt?
A: MSCl (Even a 9th grader would know that)

Q. When was the battle of hastings fought?
A. 1966 (It was obviously not fought in the 20th century)

farmerjumperdon
2006-Apr-12, 06:41 PM
After the scandal and expose that happened on one of the trading families shows, I wonder if all these "reality" shows are much more scripted than they let on?

Funny thing is (and it says a lot about their fans) the popularity must not have changed. It's like wrestling, people watch even though they know it's fake.

ToSeek
2006-Apr-12, 07:45 PM
I'm just unhappy because I'm too old and settled to be one of the geeks. ;)

Moose
2006-Apr-13, 11:50 AM
It'd be fun for a little while, I guess, but (IMO) looks are worthless if they're attached to some high maintainance boardwalk bunny with even more "air" in her head than in her beachballs (pun intended). I want a woman I can respect and who can respect me right back.

Gillianren
2006-Apr-13, 07:03 PM
I respect you, Moose.

I also find the concept of Beauty and the Geek to be demeaning to practically everyone involved. Then again, I don't watch any reality shows, so.

Doodler
2006-Apr-13, 08:55 PM
It'd be fun for a little while, I guess, but (IMO) looks are worthless if they're attached to some high maintainance boardwalk bunny with even more "air" in her head than in her beachballs (pun intended). I want a woman I can respect and who can respect me right back.

True, but like you said, it IS fun, for a little while. :)

Moose
2006-Apr-13, 09:26 PM
I respect you, Moose.

*grin* Except for the whole "four timezones away" setback, what are you doing saturday night? :D

Gillianren
2006-Apr-14, 02:20 AM
Going to a con, actually. Alas! The one time I have plans!

Moose
2006-Apr-14, 11:49 AM
*grin* No worries. Hey, a con has to take priority! (Which one, if I may ask? Northern New Brunswick is much too rural to have nifty things like cons. We have to make due with Promotions Plus, a yearly live ad-fest. Wheee.)

Gillianren
2006-Apr-14, 08:26 PM
Norwescon. With special guest Lois McMaster Bujold, hurrah! It's Easter weekend every year.

Moose
2006-Apr-14, 10:06 PM
Sounds nifty. Ooh, sorry I missed the last one! Alan Dean Foster was on a panel. That must have rocked. :)

Harvestar
2006-Apr-15, 02:14 AM
Norwescon. With special guest Lois McMaster Bujold, hurrah! It's Easter weekend every year.

Ah, man... my fiance and I love her stuff! crud...

I've seen this show once (the first show this season) and I thought it was better than I first though. I kind of liked the idea - both sides learning from each other, but I thought it was poorly executed (the mean spirited stuff).

And a friend knows one of the guys on there.

Then again, I know a whole lot of people just like the ones on the show.

Gillianren
2006-Apr-18, 07:44 PM
Sounds nifty. Ooh, sorry I missed the last one! Alan Dean Foster was on a panel. That must have rocked. :)

I wouldn't know; this was the first one I attended. (And I spent most of the time in the Dealers' Room with my ren faire boss!) However, I will be posting a summary of the weekend (including my brief chat with Lois McMaster Bujold!) on my Rotten Tomatoes journal, just as soon as I finish wading through three days' worth of BAUT.

Gullible Jones
2006-Apr-19, 12:37 AM
Ahh, lovely, another geeksploitation flick. And no female geeks. Bah! :P

turbo-1
2006-Apr-19, 01:01 AM
This is so lame...in my freshman year in college I was still only about 5'6" (not much taller now) and certainly no hunk. There was a lovely statuesque blonde (about 6') who often ate alone, and once I asked if I could sit with her. She said "I saved this seat for you" and smiled, and we immediately hooked up. For years we spent most of our free time together. She was the daughter of a Harvard professor and was studying social sciences, and I was committed to Chemical Engineering at the University of Maine at Orono (a demanding path, I can tell you). Why would a beautiful lady spend her spare time with a "geek"? It started with friendship and loyalty, and soon we could not see each other on campus without sharing a hug and a kiss before heading to our classes. The evenings and weekends were heaven, sharing poetry, music, and conversation.

A reality show that throws people together without any basis for interaction and common ground is just bogus. Next, we wil have a show that matches swimsuit models with programmers. Dumb!